Old vs. New

90 Worgen Druid
Just figured I would post some interesting numbers for the people that believe the game is still as difficult as it used to be and also so that newer players will have a better understanding of why Old School Raiders complain about content being to easy.

Side Note: I am not a hardcore raider nor was I a hardcore raider back in the day. These numbers just really put things into perspective for me concerning game difficulty or rather Raid difficulty.

Burning Crusade was released on January 16th 2007. These following kills are World Firsts.

Nightbane (last boss in Karazan - First 10 man Raid) Did not die until January 29th (13 Days later)

High King Maulgar died on January 26th (10 days later)

Gruul died on Feb. 3rd 2007 (19 days later)

Magtheridon died on Feb. 24th ( 40 days later )

Now for this next section which is Tier 5 it should be noted that Lady Vash and Kael Thas were released with BC. Not in a later patch. I believe you had to beat Magtheridon to attune yourself to advance to Tier 5. I may be wrong on that part though.

Lady Vashj did not die until March 29th 2007. More than two months after the BC release.

Kael Thas Suntrider did not die until May 25th 2007. The Black Temple patch (Tier 6) was released on May 22nd. the last T5 boss was not killed until AFTER T6 was released lol.

Illidan died on June 5th 2007. (15 days after his release)

Now onto Wrath of The Lich King

ALL of the first tier bosses in WoTLK were killed within the first 48 Hours! Thats including the time that it took those guys to level obviously.

One week after Dragon Soul was released Deathwing was killed.

I love this game. In any form it takes. I myself dont care about the difficulty BUT these numbers make me understand the Old School Raiders complaints about easy content, and have given me a new found respect for pre WoTLK raiders. Just some food for thought on the eve of another epic expansion.

My source on this was a video I randomly came across on Youtube. If any of the numbers are incorrect I apologize ahead of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8rd0-zVIBVo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
A friend just pointed out to me some differences between expansions that made world first kills quicker in Lich King and beyond.

For starters Beta. Beta testing was a lot more involved for LK and beyond. You actually got to do the bosses. All of them and not just some. That would make a huge difference in the time it takes you to kill a boss on live when it releases.

Also there are a ton more mods now that make raiding easier. The content itself played without those mods would be a lot more difficult for most.

So raid content is still difficult, there are just more tools now to take some of the edge off is all. My apologies if anyone that read this took offense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There will always be complaints, but it's nice that more people get to see content.

Also in BC they didn't have normal/heroic modes. I don't think BC bosses and LK/Cata bosses are comparable in that regard.
Reply Quote
98 Human Death Knight
You also have to understand that a lot of the people that get world first kills have been playing the game for a LONG time, so the longer it goes on, the more refined they get.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Did BC have heroic modes? I think not
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Icepick
Did BC have heroic modes? I think not

Yes there was
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
a total of 16 heroics in BC
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Warrior
Heroic Mode Raids man, no there was not in TBC. Everyone also forgets that the mechanics are not new anymore, any boss you come to you can say oh this guy is like X boss.

10/04/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Shnoogles
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
10/04/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Shnoogles

I feel like you should be smart enough to know this wasn't a good answer.

10/06/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Celybria
Heroic Mode Raids man, no there was not in TBC. Everyone also forgets that the mechanics are not new anymore, any boss you come to you can say oh this guy is like X boss.

Also this
Edited by Icepick on 10/6/2012 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Heroic Raids. Not Heroic dungeons which... is not what this post is about.
Reply Quote
98 Human Death Knight
If you can't tell that Stibbles is trolling, I have some bad news for you son.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"no heroic modes"
there was indeed modes of the heroic variety, not my fault you didn't specify
haytrz gunna hayt

drake 4 ever <3<3<3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/07/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Cybra
If you can't tell that Stibbles is trolling, I have some bad news for you son.
Deliberately acting like a moron is trolling in the same sense that asking why do they call it an Xbox 360 is trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/09/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Shimaula
Deliberately acting like a moron

pointing out tru fax = moron

your logic it astounds me... and slightly hurts my brain

drake 4 ever <3<3<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also there are boss strats out before it ever goes live. I remember in Vanilla, we poked the boss to see what it did.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It is simple fact that the game is not what it used to be... Lost almost half of its subscribers. PvP is beyond broken (well not broken but not nearly as fun as it was even in wotlk or cata) I dont care much for raiding. Its easy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Also there are boss strats out before it ever goes live. I remember in Vanilla, we poked the boss to see what it did.

Morogrim Tidewalker.... FFFFFF
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]