Need achievement for more than 3,000 quests

98 Undead Priest
(not sure if this belongs in the Achievements or Quests forum so I'm putting it in both)

Anyone else annoyed as I am that there's no new achievement for questers beyond the 3000 quests level?

I've always felt that if you don't Raid or PvP then you aren't shown as much love.

I quest, that's what I do. I proudly wore my Loremaster title for years and was anxious for the day when there was an achievement for doing more than 3000 quests. I did that many quests, and earned the Seeker title, over three and a half years ago!

Two expansions and they didn't see the need for a new quest achievement with a higher count. I'm closing in on 6,000 quests but the game doesn't think there's anything noteworthy about that.

/sigh. I'll keep questing and enjoy seeing more new content, but do wish there was an achievement.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I think they would/ will add in a 6000 quest achieve when it is reasonable to assume it is possible. Right now the only people who are close to 6k quests are the people who did loremaster before cata, and loremaster again after cata. Heck, I did both loremasters, and I'm still just under 5k quests complete. While I know that there are people who have done more than my 5k (remember subtract dailies done from quests done on the stats page to get the actual total), newer characters would have no chance at 6k quests, maybe not even with Panda, not sure how many quests they've added in, but unless each zone has around 170 quests, an extra 1k isn't very likely before 5.1
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Considering there's only like 4k (and some change) quests currently in the game, making 6,000 an achievement isn't going to happen soon. I seriously doubt the total number will get up that high with MoP included.

Blizzard is not going to make an achievement that is not currently achievable by any new character right at this moment.
Reply Quote
98 Undead Priest
I'm not necessarily requesting a 6,000 quest achievement, just something beyond 3,000.

With Wrath, the 3000 quest threshold was easily attainable, even for non-questaholics that didn't go back and redo all of the quests in all of the zones after the Cataclysm reset everything (like some people did). I was well over 3,000 quests before Cataclysm.

The Cataclysm quest achievements add up to 555 by my count (could be mistaken about that) and I'm sure MoP probably adds a comparable number. Not to mention all of the additional quests available that are above and beyond the achievement requirements (kinda hard to tell about MoP since those achievements seem to be focusing on storylines, whatever those are, instead of quests).

I have no doubt that 4,000 quests will be doable when the expansion goes live, and maybe 5,000 before too long if you were to do EVERYTHING. Would be nice to see a new achievement.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I agree that they should eventually add an achievement for more than 3000 quests completed. However I also think that they should fix the achievement counter for 3000 quests completed too. For those of us who have faction changed it's been broken for the entirety of Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I didn't do pre-loremaster and I have done 5962 quests....
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
09/22/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Larias

No, you haven't. Subtract your 3111 daily quests from it. You've only done 2851 quests, which is exactly what your achievement reads for the 3000 quests complete.
Edited by Ishamaell on 9/22/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I've done 5851 quests when you subtract my daily quests. But I've redone a crap ton of quests, had loremaster when achievements first hit, redid loremaster per zone, and gone out of my way to do other quests.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
09/22/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Abindia
I've done 5851 quests when you subtract my daily quests. But I've redone a crap ton of quests, had loremaster when achievements first hit, redid loremaster per zone, and gone out of my way to do other quests.

the math works out to be 4515 quests for you, not 5851.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/22/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Ishamaell

No, you haven't. Subtract your 3111 daily quests from it. You've only done 2851 quests, which is exactly what your achievement reads for the 3000 quests complete.

Which would make no sense, because I am Loremaster and got Seeker before that, which is 3000 quests.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

Total quests completed: 10186
Daily quests completed: 4335
10186-4335= 5851. Unless you're thinking of something I'm missing apparently?

Edit: Looking at armory total quests there are a considerable amount of quests lower than my in game statistic. My guess is armory has removed the quests that were removed, but my stats page hasn't.
Edited by Abindia on 9/22/2012 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight

Which would make no sense, because I am Loremaster and got Seeker before that, which is 3000 quests.

You do not have the 3000 quest achieve complete, at least per the armory. Stats page on the armory, as well ingame stats, the total quests complete include the dailies you've done. You have to subtract the dailies from the total to get the unique quests.

Edit: just checked, it is lit up as that you have it, but it is showing you as only having done 2851/3000 done.
Edited by Ishamaell on 9/22/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
09/22/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Abindia

Edit: Looking at armory total quests there are a considerable amount of quests lower than my in game statistic. My guess is armory has removed the quests that were removed, but my stats page hasn't.

Yes, I was looking at the armory stats page, as I can't see your ingame stats page. Not sure why the two differ by 1200ish quests in the total quests complete category, but I'd be willing the bet the armory is closer to accurate.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

Yes, I was looking at the armory stats page, as I can't see your ingame stats page. Not sure why the two differ by 1200ish quests in the total quests complete category, but I'd be willing the bet the armory is closer to accurate.

The other thing that the statistics fail to show is repeatable non-daily quests. those count towards total. There's a possibility (having done so many of the damn things back in the day) that there is where the 1200 extra came from.

Side note: Stats aren't account wide now, right? Maybe it's tracking alliance quests on top of horde. I'm loremaster on both sides of the spectrum.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Even if it is counting stats account wide, loremaster is more than 1200 quests on loremaster, right?

Even non-daily quests that are monthly, or yearly, ie. darkmoon faire, or brewfest/noblegarden, etc, I don't think there are 1200 of them.

Also, the armory is bugged atm, the poster above you has the achieve for seeker sometime in 2011, but the achieve itself only shows as 2851/3000 which is what his stats page on armory also shows. A few other people I know had more achieves ingame than the armory shows.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Even if it is counting stats account wide, loremaster is more than 1200 quests on loremaster, right?

Even non-daily quests that are monthly, or yearly, ie. darkmoon faire, or brewfest/noblegarden, etc, I don't think there are 1200 of them.

Also, the armory is bugged atm, the poster above you has the achieve for seeker sometime in 2011, but the achieve itself only shows as 2851/3000 which is what his stats page on armory also shows. A few other people I know had more achieves ingame than the armory shows.

Yes, I received the achievement long before I got loremaster and this character was created AFTER the Cataclysm launched.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

Honestly, I wouldn't believe any statistic on armory or in game right now. So many things are out of whack. But you do have to remember, that when cataclysm started, they completely revamped all old quests wiping out thousands of old quests. Which is probably leading to a lot of these imbalances. And when I mentioned repeatable non-dailies, I wasn't meaning darkmoon. I was talking more Silithus turn ins. Old content. Which there was a !@#$ ton. And you could turn things in rapidly. Like twilight texts? Farm about a couple hundred of them and turn them in 10 at a time. Boom 20-30 quests added right there.
Reply Quote
98 Undead Priest
Seems there are plenty of inconsistent numbers floating around, imagine that.

My ingame quest count is around 5800, and I rarely do dailies, so my true count should be well over 5,000 (which would include both the pre and post Cata quests since I did go back to every zone and do all of the quests again).

Looking at the armory statistics, it puts me at 4,566 with 353 dailies, making 4200 or so, which makes me a sad panda (good timing for that). Guess I'm not as 'leet' as I thought.

The original Loremaster required 2700-2800 quests, something like (I think):
Kalimdor: 750
Eastern Kingdoms: 650
Outland: 600
Northrend: 800

Throw in all the additional quests and Cata and there are easily 3,500+ quests.

I also have a Night Elf Druid which I am using to see Alliance side content and he has done all of Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Outland, and half of Northrend for over 3,000 quests. Add us together and account wide I am over 7,000 so they are not adding opposing factions together it seems.

Not entirely sure exactly where the numbers come from though. Seems to be some confusion about counts. But I'm sure they'll clear all that up in a patch someday.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My numbers ingame and on the forum are very, very different from each other.

Anyway, there should be at least a 5k one or something. 3k is so old! lol
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
As I understand it, Seeker quest counts include Seasonal quests, such as Elders or Candy Buckets. But when the quests get reset every year your Seeker total goes back down, but the Quests Statistic doesn't. If you've been playing for a while, that can add up to quite a difference.

I originally got Seeker while honoring the flames during Midsummer just before Cataclysm launched. Then I didn't finish Loremaster until a couple of weeks later.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]