(Locked)

64 Blood Elf Hunter
same issue tried all above nothing works
19 Worgen Warrior
same, haven't been able to play since september

and it's all blizzards fault

hell, i didnt even want the update
90 Undead Rogue
I am on !@#$ing windows XP there has never been a battle.net folder. QUIT GIVING REDUNDANT OBVIOUS FIXES THAT ARENT EVEN RELATED TO THE PROBLEM AT HAND!
90 Undead Rogue
Windows XP doesnt even make a programdata folder you argh.... I have been dealing with this problem ever since MOP came out.... I feel like maybe if I reformat my computer it will work, but seems like a waste of fkin time if it doesn't.
86 Orc Hunter
I !@#$ING LOVE YOU GUYS THANK YOU
90 Worgen Druid
I do believe that blizz is just going to have to fix this issue themselves. Nothing has working and I have literally tried everything aside from actually reinstalling the game which I refuse to do because it will take me a day and a half. I have been using the Wow.exe application to get into the game, only problem is that soon that will not be an option so the only thing we can do is make this issue known to the max by blizzard.... or else they are going to lose customers... and a lot of them.
i tried lotz of things to try to fix it.. but I read everybodys commends and I tried deleting the Battle.net folder and its up and working now

follow this and it may work
C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
81 Orc Mage
Ok so the launcher opened to 2/3 of the status bar then stops. I tried deleting bnet folder...didn't work. I uninstalled WoW then tried to re-install it, now it's stuck at checking for updates. Please help!!! I can't even download the game client.
Edited by Artreyus on 2/1/2013 11:59 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
This worked for me.

I was stuck at the setup "Checking for Updates" bit. Brought up the run program, typed in C:/ProgramData, deleted Battle.net and Blizzard.

Restarted set up and everything's working!
Edited by Sërenitý on 2/6/2013 11:08 AM PST
20 Human Warrior
its not working for me to so i thought it was an ordinary error so i unistalled WOW then i tried to reinstall it but when it went on checking for updates it would not move just the dots so i restarted the computer still not working!somone help me im just a kid I NEED WORLD OF WARCRAFT
80 Orc Warrior
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files

Navigate to C:\ProgramData

Delete the Battle.net folder

For Windows XP users that directory is under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
20 Human Warrior
Dont really get it i did hidden files but still didnt show battle net file
90 Human Paladin
This has started happening thought it was my Internet so i waited a month and it still is not working can some one plz help me out?
100 Orc Hunter
I have this same problem but i was getting into WoW since 5.1 useing the Launcher in the WoW folder which didnt require you to go through the actual launcher but brought me straight into the game but with the update all the servers were red so i figured it's because i have yet to make the updates. I uninstalled and reinstalled WoW but now i cant get in that way and it's just stuck again on "checking for updates"

i deleted my WTF and Cache files, i've tried deleting updates folder and battle.net folder and all the other folders suggested on the web that i could find and making sure hidden files were shown, i went to Ctrl+shift+esc/processes and deleted anything to do with WoW. but still can't get past "checking for updates". PLEASE HELP - Suggestions besides the ones i suggested above.
90 Goblin Death Knight
blizzard please fix your games...

sincerely,
your customer
Support Forum Agent
Bumping threads from months ago causes a bit of confusion. If you need assistance with an issue, please create a new thread and detail your issue there. Make sure to include any steps you have already tried.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]