Help with a warlock metamorphosis macro!

5 Gnome Rogue
Hi :).
I'm new to macros (and warlocks).
I'm trying to create a warlock macro to cast metamorphosis > cast aura of enfeeblement then cancel metamorphosis.
So far I have,
/cast metamorphosis
/cast Aura of Enfeeblement
/cancelaura metamorphosis

it's only casting metamorphosis and none of the rest, is there something I am missing?
thanks to anyone who can help :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Tested it, this will make all three things happen, but requires three button presses. each time you select a new target it will start over from the begining, and will repeat the entire sequence over and over for the same target. if you leave the default ? icon "#showtooltip" will make it display on you action bar which one will be cast on the next button press. Pretty much the way you had it written it's trying to cast three things at one time. "/castsequence" separates it into 1 press per spell/item/whatever and "reset=target" makes it start from the beginning of the sequence for each new target selected. Not sure if this is the "best" way to make it happen, i'm no master of macros, but it works and it's effective. copy and paste, and happy hunting :)

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Metamorphosis, Aura of Enfeeblement, Metamorphosis
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
/use [noform: 1] metamorphosis
/use [form: 1] aura of enfeeblement
/cancelaura [form:1] metamorphosis

I don't have a demo warlock to test with but it should work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/23/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Quinten
/use [noform: 1] metamorphosis
/use [form: 1] aura of enfeeblement
/cancelaura [form:1] metamorphosis

I don't have a demo warlock to test with but it should work.

This helped me figure out how to create my own macro, thanks.

I wanted a way to place Fel Flame (normal form) and Carrion Swarm (separate ability that can only be used in Metamorphosis) on the same button, but each in their respective forms - this prevents the use of Void Ray (Metamorphosis Fel Flame) but seeing as I can't see a practical or realistic use for it, it matters not. So I came up with this working macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [noform: 1] Fel Flame
/cast [form: 1] Carrion Swarm
/startattack
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Warlocks may be necromancers, but that doesn't mean you can necro a thread that's two years old.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I posted a thanks, how is that necroing? If you read the forum guidelines, necroing or necrobumping is completely different than me sharing my thanks and information on a macro I created.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/901260951
Do not "bump" posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called "necro bumping" or "necroing").

This is the slowest forum on the entire website, if a thread is six months old, it's necroing. If it's two years old, such as this one, it's necroing.
Edited by Rubyheart on 3/24/2014 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ahh, I missed that one. Sorry. Here I was just hoping to share some useful information. My bad. But it does say "for no reason", and I posted with reason, so if that is still necroing that I don't really know what to say.
Edited by Ardensolis on 3/24/2014 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
this help me make my macros and i was looking all over, thx for keeping this on google
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]