On this episode of WoW's deadliest warrior.

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hmmm...

In all honesty, I would give this to Arthas.

The Lich King was created to do what the Burning Legion and its masters, ie, Archimonde could not. He was created to be their ultimate weapon - the Manhattan Project of the Burning Legion.

Plus, given that Archimonde's defeat was caused by the deceased spirits of the Elves, and Arthas has several thousand times that number of deceased to throw at him on a whim, I'd say Archimonde is screwed. Also, it was established that the only play Arthas could be killed was atop Icecrown - that leaves absolutely everywhere else where he literally cannot lose.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Rogue
The orcs, humans and night elves didn't kill Archimonde. They couldn't even hurt him. Their only purpose in that battle was to delay him until Malfurion's trap was ready.Archimonde was destroyed by thousands of ancestral spirits detonating upon him all at once

which is only furthering my point i.e: Archimonde Beats Arthas

Those twenty-five adventurers couldn't beat Arthas. He toyed with them for a while (to get a better idea of what they could do), then effortlessly killed them all when he decided he'd seen enough.Tirion made a sneak attack that destroyed Frostmourne (while Arthas had his back turned, was channelling a spell, and didn't realize Tirion had escaped). That released thousands of vengeful souls which swarmed the Lich King. All the adventurers did (after being resurrected) was beat on Arthas while he was unable to defend himself.

Very well, then. But still, it didnt take 3 societies to beat him. it was pretty much the 25 puppets and Tirion trying to be a rogue
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/23/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Jonnyawesome
But still, it didnt take 3 societies to beat him. it was pretty much the 25 puppets and Tirion trying to be a rogue

The situations seem fairly similar to me.

Archimonde was defeated by thousands of nature spirits, after Malfurion set a trap, while the night elves and their allies distracted him.

Arthas was defeated by thousands of vengeful souls, after Tirion broke his sword, while the corpses of Azeroth's greatest heroes distracted him.
Reply Quote
The Light defeated/broke Frostmourne, using Tirion its agent.

Once Frostmourne was defeated, the Lich King pretty much became Arthas the vulnerable Death Knight and was defeated by the released souls and resurrected champions.

It was the Light that defeated the Lich King. People have a tendency to forget that and I think that is the point of the story. (That has nothing to do with my name lol.)

Between Archimonde and Lich King Arthas, I say Archimonde. Archimonde probably wouldn't let his ego driven emotions make decisions for him. Further, since the Burning Legion had a hand in creating Frostmourne, Archimonde may have known how to defuse its powers.

Though typing this made me think about how much of rhe Lich King's power was in Frostmourne and how much does Bolvar have without it?
Edited by Lyght on 9/24/2012 2:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Eh, if the Legion had the foresight to devise an "off switch" for the Lich King, then all that wacky Arthas vs. Illidan shenanigans at the end of Frozen Throne wouldn't have been necessary. The Nathrezim wouldn't have been needed to keep him in check, and, really, once Archimonde had landed, they probably would have shut him down right then because... who needs a ice suspended overmind for your Undead Army when you've the most powerful warlock in existence on the ground?

If anyone would have known an easy way to subvert the Lich King, it would have been Kil'Jaeden, the architect behind the Lich King. He didn't, and had to send assassins, so it has to be assumed they didn't install an "off" or self-destruct switch on him.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
Eh, if the Legion had the foresight to devise an "off switch" for the Lich King, then all that wacky Arthas vs. Illidan shenanigans at the end of Frozen Throne wouldn't have been necessary. The Nathrezim wouldn't have been needed to keep him in check, and, really, once Archimonde had landed, they probably would have shut him down right then because... who needs a ice suspended overmind for your Undead Army when you've the most powerful warlock in existence on the ground?

If anyone would have known an easy way to subvert the Lich King, it would have been Kil'Jaeden, the architect behind the Lich King. He didn't, and had to send assassins, so it has to be assumed they didn't install an "off" or self-destruct switch on him.

The only on top of Icecrown thing is a good point though I really think it was a prophecy as to how events had to occur. If he could only be defeated on Icecrown it wouldn't make sense for him to retreat when Tirion came at him with the Ashbringer at lights hope or when Putress launched the plague.

Though to be on the safe side lets say they are both fighting it out on the Frozen throne. It is a likely place for the show down to occur anyway sense the Burning legion would try to take out Arthas if they got an entity as powerful as Archimonde in place.
Edited by Walegar on 9/24/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
09/23/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Jonnyawesome
But still, it didnt take 3 societies to beat him.

It took the combined strength of the Alliance and Horde just to make it to Icecrown. It then took them combined with another large army, the Ashen Verdict, to finally break into ICC. It was only then by a miracle that the LK was defeated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]