Mountain Lion, Radeon and disappearing MoBs

13 Undead Rogue
Haven't found this exact issue in the threads yet, but may be OGL related? Reposting here because my first post was in the wrong forum:

New to the game and I have an iMac 2.7 Core i5 with 8 GB DDR3 RAM running Mountain Lion.

The installed card, a Radeon 6770 M, looked like it should have been fine to play, but I am having some odd issues.

When I log in, no problem. I can play the game for about a half hour to an hour and the system runs in the 80 c range (well within operating temps for this model and game), but after that time, when I move into a zone where there should be MObs (contacts, NPCs, what have you) the zone is empty. And then, if I open my UI, elements of the UI aren't rendering. For instance, the map will not show up or the UI elements around my inventory are missing.

Is this a game server issue, connection or a local iOS/Video issue? Or worse, is my system not able to handle the game?

Would love to know since I just started (AND just moved over to a Mac after many years as a PC player of other MMOs, so...) and am not that familiar with the technical issues of the game.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Your computer should be able to handle it with ease. Have you ran Software Update to make sure you're fully up to date?

Can you try rebuilding your game's caches and see if it helps?

1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft
    2. Move the WTF, Cache and Interface folders to the desktop
    3. Now go into the Data folder and delete the Cache folder
    4. Navigate to /Users/Shared and delete the Battle.net folder
    5. Launch the World of Warcraft Launcher. Let all updates apply and hit Play when Game is up to date is displayed.

Also, if the issue happens again, can you post a screenshot?
Reply Quote
13 Undead Rogue
Surely. I will try that tonight. I know I am up to speed. And actually, LATE last night, I didn't have the problem at all, which sort of makes me think it's a push issue from the server. Or perhaps my data carrier is mucking about with my signal.

I will post a screen shot for SURE if it happens again. The weirdest part is, it's quite random and only happens after I have been playing for a bit. Probably the universes way from getting me addicted, eh? :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]