Glyph of Levitate vs Glyph of Inner Sanctum

85 Human Priest
I'm having trouble understand this. Just in regards to movement speed alone,

Inner Sanctum - Increases your Inner Will movement speed to a permanent 16%.

Levitate - Just a 15% movement speed increase?

Is the point to keep Inner Fire up while using Levitate? And hoping no one hits you? I can't understand why anyone would take Levitate over Inner Sanctum. Anyone know?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
09/23/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Tyoka
Is the point to keep Inner Fire up while using Levitate? And hoping no one hits you? I can't understand why anyone would take Levitate over Inner Sanctum. Anyone know?

I don't really understand this glyph in general - it's a massive waste of a major glyph slot since it only works on the Priest and not the party/raid.

I suppose it has extremely situational use where you need to get out of the way of incoming damage and you'd cast Levitate for at least 10seconds of speed increase, allowing you to use either Inner Fire or unglyphed Inner Will.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Priest
I think it should stack with other movement speed, but only be a 10% bonus. It would then be worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I currently use it because I have no need for IW (at this point) since all I do is an occasional random battleground, dungeon or Theramore. I don't really see any application for this glyph outside of "I'm doing old/dumb content and/or don't need IW for speed."

The glyph really needs to work on everyone or allow us to cast it on mounts or cast it on the raid or something.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Glyph of Levitate: Your levitate now grants you a Flight Form, as the druid ability except you ride on a cloud.

And every priest cried tears of joy.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Too bad they gave that to monks, kinda.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As a spriest, I have to say that glyph of IS is virtually manditory.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Iapetus
Too bad they gave that to monks, kinda.

Yeah, imagine that. Rather than giving something cool to priests, rather than answering the call for disc to become the monk spec, they make an entirely new class and give it everything that disc priest should've had before shafting priests by removing yet another wave of spells. I wonder how long it is before we just have smite, heal, and mindblast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]