Enhancement shaman questions.

90 Troll Warrior
Sup all hows it going =). Iv recently been trying to determine what melee class i want to play. Iv been messing around with warrior it seems ok i like the dual wield aspect just dont like not haveing a way to heal somehow. Iv tinkered with a paladin,like the ability to heal but not the no dual wield part.So by process of elemination shaman seems like a logical choice to try next lol.Im really curious on some of yalls specs/rotations see kinda how one plays short of me leveling one. Also the priority of stats such as crit/haste/mastery and the likes. Pretty much looking for all kinds info for enhancement to know what im getting into lol.Any info is good info so really appreciate yalls help. And please keep the trolling to minimum =P.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
as of MoP our stat priority is agility> hit7.5%/expertise7.5%>haste>mastery>crit

the 'rotation'; is more a priority system due to the odd cds of some of our abilities.

we use unleash elements for the haste buff and to boost our flame shock (so you try not to cast flameshock without the unleash flame buff) maelstrom weapon casts of lightning bolt is top priority. you want to keep your stormstrike and lava lash on cooldown. keep a searing totem down at all times (for searing flames buff, fire elemental can give these stacks too so hes okay to use now). use stormlash with bloodlust and other dps cds to max its effect.

earthshock during freee shock cds where you dont need to reapply flame shock.

thats the general gist.

one of the hardest things for new shaman to do is remembering to keep lightning shield/our weapon imbues active.. but they have an hour long duration so its less of a problem. but do make sure they dont fall off mid combat.

its a lot fo fun. your 'resources' are (kinda) maelstrom procs and just your cds on abilities.

shaman should be at least moderatley desirable for the new raid cd Stormlash totem, so finding a raid will hopefully not be an issue. our dps is also looking good for MoP.

all i know is ive played since classic wow and shamans have always been the most fun for me.... ive seen enhance go through so many changes but i like this incarnation.. and ascendance (our new dps cd) is gunna be SICK
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
awsome info ,yea that was a question i had forgot to ask was what 2 weapon imbues to use. This is Pve point of view,i wasnt sure if doing windfury on both or on one and flame on other.
Reply Quote
81 Human Priest
Ashunera and Slant have written guides you can find at the top of the Shaman Forums. There is a wealth of info there including info on what weapon imbues you should be using.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
09/22/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Konda
awsome info ,yea that was a question i had forgot to ask was what 2 weapon imbues to use. This is Pve point of view,i wasnt sure if doing windfury on both or on one and flame on other.
Windfury main hand, flame tongue offhand is the way to go since LL does more dmg combined with it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/22/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Koridis
Ashunera and Slant have written guides you can find at the top of the Shaman Forums. There is a wealth of info there including info on what weapon imbues you should be using.

Pretty sure Ashunera's guide is out of date. It's from tier 11.

If you're looking for shaman information (Including Enhancement), feel free to check out http://www.totemspot.com

A bunch of shamans (Including I) have been working on a guide together for all of the specs for Mists, and you can already find plenty of information there. Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/23/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Platform

Huh?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/23/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Chillbronies

Huh?

I saw some 359 items and just saw 2010 when it was posted. Didn't really scope it out... I guess it's for 4.3 though?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1118282080
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yep, and she'll update it when MoP hits I believe, she already has it all done on her blog.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Elam said he was doing something...2 guides?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Elam still exists?

Also Ashunera's is really only for gear.
Edited by Chillbronies on 9/23/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
09/22/2012 06:09 AMPosted by Konda
warrior it seems ok i like the dual wield aspect just dont like not haveing a way to heal somehow

Victory Rush says hello.

Once you get that, it will be the single most amazing thing to ever happen to your warrior. For quests with slightly close groups, you should have 0 downtime between pulls. Just open with it if the duration is low, or wait a few moments to lose a little life.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]