Displacer Beast not a vanish?

85 Worgen Warrior
Is this intended?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
yes.. which makes it a meh talent at best.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Why does shadowmeld allow me to enter flight form but not displacer beast? To me it seems like they both do the same thing.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
The ability and its purpose just confuse me to a great degree. Does it at least work like a vanish in PvP?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/22/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Waraila

It is a game breaking talent that every PvP druid will have. It's one of the reasons resto will be broken in MoP.

It's not intended for PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/22/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Trafficz

It is a game breaking talent that every PvP druid will have. It's one of the reasons resto will be broken in MoP.

It's not intended for PvE.

It's not very game breaking if it doesn't remove dots on you and instantly pushes you out of stealth.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
09/22/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Mauser
The ability and its purpose just confuse me to a great degree. Does it at least work like a vanish in PvP?

It lets you drop focus and hard cast every 30 seconds, so it's decent enough for pvp.
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Shaman
Abilities that break people's macro'd abilities that they aren't skilled enough to perform manually are the new OP.

Also, the whole "it lets you hard cast" only works vs. focus macros. If someone's actively attacking you, they'll retarget and interrupt just like before.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/22/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Mauser

It works as a weak vanish in PVP. You will instantly be broke out of stealth the second you take any form of damage at all.

In PVE it DOES NOT drop combat, nor does it drop a mob from targeting you. If you are being attacked by a mob and you use DB the mob will run right up and keep attacking you.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Abilities that break people's macro'd abilities that they aren't skilled enough to perform manually are the new OP.

Also, the whole "it lets you hard cast" only works vs. focus macros. If someone's actively attacking you, they'll retarget and interrupt just like before.

A shaman downplaying the value of focus interrupts...?

Of course if you're a kill target you'll still get interrupted, but if you're being cc'd/interrupted while the other team tries to kill your partner shadowmeld is pretty sweet.
Edited by Noxanna on 9/22/2012 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I tired this at first when the new talents came out for pvp. It didn't really help at all so I swapped to wild charge.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
09/22/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Noxanna
A shaman downplaying the value of focus interrupts...?

Am I the only shaman that likes to use Arena1/2/3 for wind shear.

Also with Wild Charge you can drop a mushroom and make a macro that'll leap you to your mushroom.

It turns in the talent to be sort of like heroic leap with a shoter cooldown. and other fun bonouses.

I don't think the other talent will be that good. It'll have its times and situations aginst and with certain comps I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I tired this at first when the new talents came out for pvp. It didn't really help at all so I swapped to wild charge.

this will most likely be the go to for pvp, i believe for most druid specs...imo its much more "game breaking" in pvp than displacer, plus if your used to old school resto. its nice having that charge :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You can also immobilize targets with bear charge and intervene with caster-form charge. Wild Charge is much better imo. Displacer Beast is only really decent when you don't have things attacking you. If you do, oops, that DoT broke me out instantly. Oh that pet is following me and just melee'd me and broke me out of stealth...

Yeah no thanks lol
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Displacer Beast is useful for BG ganking. You can Prowl up to someone, Typhoon them off an edge, and then Displacer Beast before everyone can focus you. It's enough time to get away and restealth if one of them managed to land a dot on you. Then you can do it again!

It's also handy for disorienting enemies. No one expects a Druid to blink away.

It's absolutely nowhere near reliable and not really all that useful, but it is an excellent talent for making "silly things Druids do" videos. =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
it is intended - as a bear/moonkin/resto getting a vanish could be a huge problem

on the other hand, ferals could definitely use something like this as a spec spell - just not this..... 'broken' version
Edited by Mewmon on 9/23/2012 6:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
For RESTO displacer beast is superior to WC in virtually every way. Can WC be absolutely clutch situationally? Yes. Can the exact same be said of DB? Of course it can. Are there infinitely more "situations" where DB can and will be clutch for you as resto. Yes there will be.

Look at the ladders a month into the season and every resto on the first page will be specced into DB.

The only real debate for druid talents is whether or not to have typhoon or vortex and whether or not they prefer bash to disorienting roar.

Vortex is way too buggy atm to be counted on but if they fix it, many will use it. Dropping rings and bombs and placing a vortex on top of it sounds broken but we will see. And bash vs disorienting roar is strictly a play style preference thing and also very comp dependent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]