End of Expansion Ramblings.

90 Dwarf Warrior
12 Hours from now a lot of us will be questing our way to 90 trying for server firsts, wanted to take a step back and look at Cataclysm.

I hated this expansion before it started due to the name, <Cataclysm> brought me to server and well... yeah.. Our GM/RL had to quit mid t11 heroic progression which left me in charge and I still to this day feel like a chicken with his head cut off. As a guild I think we've grown a lot stronger over the past few months, of course people come and go it's a 25 man guild. We've made 1.7 million+ Random mounts+ etc etc from Heroic Rag sales and HDW. I've made it a personal vow to not go into firelands for at least six months after MoP drops. Doing four runs a week of Heroic Rag, over 60 kills on my account makes me sad. We're going for top 100 US 25, we're poised to do so. It's just all on our core to come through now. We didn't do basically any beta testing minus the random 10 mans at first that people got in, Blizzard screwed the pooch on that one. The guild essay contest for Cata was a great Idea, this time around it's Give us 12 months of your wow money for sure and you can get it. Many people weren't thrilled about this so only about 50% of our guild had beta. We look forward to this expansion as it's beautiful and seems to bring a lot to the plate. Here are my thoughts looking back on Cataclysm.

<CBH> Gave us a run for our money and our hearts in Server First Heroic Nefarian. They had multiple late p3 wipes while we were barely getting past p2. Our blood dk tank had to travel for school, so we had to use a half blue'd druid tank on Nefarian. Somehow we beat them out on this. We had a sub 5% wipe at like 9:40 and ran back in and killed it, I don't think in the history that I've been in guild have we had a low health wipe to come back to kill it. We normally regress and just shoot ourselves in the feet for awhile. I hope <CBH> does come back in MoP strong to give us that feeling of server race again. We were sad to see you guys fizzle out.

*Note: While Blizzard says they're fixing 10 and 25 balancing, It's hard to believe from my standpoint after seeing all three tiers in both versions and being amazed at how much easier 10s CAN be, sans very few fights*

<Flowdan's Lounge> TLDR Thanks for giving us Darkwraith in the end of everything for ruining LToW.

<Phalanx> Loved the firelands general chat when you guys went 6/7 Heroic 10 after the nerf. Still don't get how you guys didn't kill Heroic rag with 2 Legendaries and a boomkin. We were sure we'd lose this server first to your 10 man. We could get barely in p3 with ONE Horrible I mean Horrible boomkin and spent around 300 wipes on that. (I'd upload my log I kept of rag like I saw on /r/wow but it's on my HDD that's currently unplugged) It got to the point where we started to bet on how many times Narish would get hit by lava waves.

<Shard> We hope you guys can kick up the kill dates and give some more server presence, it's harder to realize you're there of course Horde and Alliance. Between everything I've said and you've said and kicking rocks at each other, we just hope to see you at an end boss racing.

<All of the 10 mans alliance side and horde side alike> Keep up the awesome work, Ascend doing 8/8 literally surprised us. We all can do better as a realm, don't be afraid to come to any of us for help especially the people behind the curve. I've mouth fed strats to many people and minus progression I'd gladly help any guild. Some of you alliance side should consider merging into a 25, yup. Though I do understand the 10 man mindset and for recruiting purposes only would I ever go 10 man. Absolutely hate the garbage that is the "Guild Recruitment" forums.

Small sidebar: Rumormill has it Contingency from Alexstrasza plans to sweep T14 firsts there and transfer here, Still don't know why as they're realm first only beating out a 10 man. It's their money though, bring on the competition.

Best of luck from myself and all of Infusion in MoP, We look forward to this expansion =D.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/24/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Glitterstorm
don't be afraid to come to any of us for help

Depending on how I'm feeling that day, although if you're coming to me for help you are already screwed :)

We may not have the best reputation on this realm as being friendly and helpful, but that's just because we're bitter and have small !@#$%es, just picture our tiny members and maybe you'll find that most of us are somewhat sufferable.

Forward all feral druid questions to Impakt, thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Great summary! I'm personally back on this realm for good and can't wait to see Azjol progress in Tier 14. I hope to see a few more surprises in rankings, and, even more so, see Infusion crush the !@#$ out of this tier and hopefully hit top 100 US.

Best of luck to everyone :)

PS - Why the hell would Contingency want to transfer?!? Like you said, it is their money, but good lord that'd be a waste on their part haha
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Horde/alliance you are right. It's hard to realize its even a race when you have no clue where each other is at. Heroic zonozz for example, didn't even realize it was a race huh? We were literally one wipe away from beating you guys.

See you at the finish line :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/24/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Thatius
Heroic zonozz

*Yor'shaj
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Yup, Yor'Shaj. It's been awhile xD
Reply Quote
47 Troll Druid
09/24/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Malevolénce
don't be afraid to come to any of us for help

Depending on how I'm feeling that day, although if you're coming to me for help you are already screwed

This is fact

I see this expansion leading to my crowning as Best Dang Resto Druid Ever.

P.S. I hate being in Delaware and having to wait till 3am to make a Dwarven Monk of Unrelented Fisting.

P.S.S. Nice speech Greg. I actually got into the guild (early Wrath?) because of Slicedbread. He was in a guild before Infusion that I used to raid with in the vanilla days (Silent Crusaders), so I am sure he heard some horror stories of my time there. Though I never got back into raiding, other than the occasional alt run with y'all, I have enjoyed the good times in the guild. It is one of the few I can say felt like a second home (shoutout to Bigwoo and Horde Premade for doing the same for this toon). Quite a few of us have connected on FB and though we have differing opinions on life, we all are part of this same digital world we love. I look forward to gaming with all of you guys (and gals) till they finally stop making expansions.

Much love and furry belly rubs, Devote.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Look at my title.
I was on Azjol yesterday and you told me to get off.
You can't get rid of me. I can be of so much use to you. Are you serious about these statements? When do you start raiding?
I don't think a lot of raids realize exactly how much effort and/or money they'll have to funnel for feasts. Will you push attempts without food, or make everyone do it on their own?
That's more or less what's happening here, and it's such a waste of material. I've already helped make one Master of the Way for a Horde ten man.
Edited by Jademcian on 9/29/2012 3:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
09/24/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Undevoted
shoutout to Bigwoo and Horde Premade for doing the same for this toon

/cheer

Glad to be in a guild with you. Looking forward to some LFR in a few weeks.

Good luck to all the raiding guilds out there. US 100 for Infusion sounds awesome.

Side note - FL didn't kill LToW. LToW pulled the plug on itself. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Look at my title.
I was on Azjol yesterday and you told me to get off.
You can't get rid of me. I can be of so much use to you. Are you serious about these statements? When do you start raiding?
I don't think a lot of raids realize exactly how much effort and/or money they'll have to funnel for feasts. Will you push attempts without food, or make everyone do it on their own?
That's more or less what's happening here, and it's such a waste of material. I've already helped make one Master of the Way for a Horde ten man.

Hey we have the same title.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I posted that days ago. You could have done all the cooking in three hours and spent all of the past two days farming for more money to beat people on the BMAH. Your turn!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Naw...just told everyone in guild not to bother bidding on it since i would just outbid them. I don't think anyone outside of guild even cares much about the BMAH. I got Master of the Ways so I could get my Cooking School Bell and start leveling my friendship with Nomi so I won't have to worry about food.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Then I apologize for aiding the Horde in taking your tanks boots away.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
/bump for new recruits
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]