[Demon Warlock] Damage of Soulfire and

90 Undead Warlock
Well, i really like the new demon knowledge warlock, but i think the damage of Soulfire is not that good, and the void ray too. anyone feed the same? i think they should increase the dmg of this 2 spell
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I think Void Ray should just be completely redesigned. In every conceivable way. It's an awful ability. A 20 yard linear AOE?

It would be fine if it was "Void Blast" and acted like fel flame with splash damage on it's path. That way it hits a target. But having to aim is annoying.

I think Soulfire damage is fine tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Soul Fire's damage is decent enough, the main thing you want from it is the Demonic Fury it generates. It's also nice in Metamorphosis if you need heavy burst.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Soulfire is nice if pve, but in pvp its awful do to the high cast time, high fury cost, and low damage
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
[quote]I think Void Ray should just be completely redesigned. In every conceivable way. It's an awful ability. A 20 yard linear AOE?

It would be fine if it was "Void Blast" and acted like fel flame with splash damage on it's path. That way it hits a target. But having to aim is annoying.

I think Soulfire damage is fine tbh.

Void Ray. Ugh. So far, I've been using it as a "spam this for aoe rather than single target" but yeah, the mechanic is utter !@#$. It really needs to be aimed at a target like any other attack, and deal splash damage when it hits that target. Maybe it can hit targets between the caster and the target too, but its main functionality should be "deals damage to target and all enemies near that target." Linear aoe just doesn't work well in wow.

09/24/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Amiracle
Soulfire is nice if pve, but in pvp its awful do to the high cast time, high fury cost, and low damage

Soul Fire's damage is fine, but it's mana cost needs to go down by a lot. The only time I have any sort of mana issues as demo are when execute demands limitless Soul Fire spam.

The cast time itself is fine too. When the proc goes off, it casts at a decent rate and I find I can usually launch off several in a row. The spell with the awkward cast time is shadow bolt. It needs at least a second shaved off its cast time. :/
Edited by Alma on 9/25/2012 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Void Ray ssssuuuucccckkkkssss
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Idk, I liked chaining 300k Soul Fires on Madness. : (

But yeah, the damage is kinda meh unless you're stacking serious mastery during Meta, but even then Chaos Wave can potentially hit harder. The purpose of it is to be a more efficient slightly-more-complicated-but-not-really filler spell that "feels" better than Shadow Bolt since it auto-crits.

Void Ray is just... idk.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Void Ray was good fun...when it was 40 yards. And when it did respectable damage.
Now, I just use it and cry deeply. The laser effect used to be massive, and was quite easy to aim. Currently, it just looks like I'm shining a tiny purple laser pointer on someone.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
never soul fire in metamorph, much faster, and more efficiant to use Touch's. 2 touches > 1 soul fire

void ray is dogpoo unless you get bunched adds all dotted, and just use it to refresh, but even at that its damage is crap, need buffed into a frontal cone IMO, and get an extra 50% damage.

Pro tips from duh rev: Chaos wave is a nono unless you need immediate major burst, otherwise its a waste, and you should stance dance to maintain shadowflame debuff on target.

Chaos wave needs cost reduced to 30-50DF, either that or make it if it strikes a single target it will deal 50-100% more damage due to its 120 DF cost, which you can fit 3 Touch's in, thus making Touch > soulfire > chaos wave while im metamorph. FML
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Void Ray was recently nerfed heavily along with the rest of lock AoE because "Warlock sustained AoE was too high." Unfortunately, I feel as though they overdid it. While I used to be the king of AoE in Demo, now I'm regularly being beaten by many other classes, even while using Meta, Immo Aura and Void Ray.

Still, it's better than Seed of Lawlruption.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]