Already level 85+ monks?

85 Tauren Druid
Ok, stupid question, how in the world are there already 85+ monks running around? I kinda figured it wouldn't take long for people to level a monk, but 5 or 6 hours from launching the expansion and already 85+s running around? Seems a bit odd.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
They used Recruit a Friend to double-grant 40 levels twice to their monk, making them 80 (since you can only grant 40 levels per toon). Yes that means they levelled two toons to 80 just for this purpose of granting 40 x 2 on launch day.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ok, so how did they get from 80-85 in a few hours? It's crazy.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
They used the enlightenment buff.
RAF should be disqualified from realm first achievement. That is ridiculous.
Edited by Junkboxes on 9/25/2012 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
They should have disabled RAF benefits for the monk as they did for SOR for a monk
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I'm glad they didn't disable RaF. I could care less about realm first (and yes I think RaF should disqualify monks from realm firsts).
I just want to catch up to my guildies and not hold them back from raiding. I have a wife, kid, and job that I can't call out on just to play a game. RaF allowed me to do some of the prep work/ leveling ahead of time (aka after my kid went to bed).
Without RaF, I wouldn't be raiding this tier as a monk. :)
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
09/25/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Plesnicar
Ok, so how did they get from 80-85 in a few hours? It's crazy.

I thought they did?
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Who cares if someone wants to level fast or farm spots. That's their choice. I prefer to take my time and enjoy the content. I'm sure they will later on as well, on an alt.

Like Khaldrogo said, people have different reasons for wanting to level fast. You can't just bash all of them as some idiot trying to win a useless contest. If they have families and limited time, I can understand why they would want to just get it done.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
Who cares if someone wants to level fast or farm spots. That's their choice. I prefer to take my time and enjoy the content. I'm sure they will later on as well, on an alt.

Like Khaldrogo said, people have different reasons for wanting to level fast. You can't just bash all of them as some idiot trying to win a useless contest. If they have families and limited time, I can understand why they would want to just get it done.

But they should still make monks who used this method be unable to get realm first, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm glad they didn't disable RaF. I could care less about realm first (and yes I think RaF should disqualify monks from realm firsts).
I just want to catch up to my guildies and not hold them back from raiding.

^^^^^^^^

I am no where near realm first, but I don't care. I just didn't want to have to do cata->outland->northrend...

AGAIN.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
09/25/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Hexmix
But they should still make monks who used this method be unable to get realm first, imo.

I would kind of agree, except that I think "realm firsts" should be removed entirely. All it does is encourage people to go farm XP spots like they are doing now. I am against anything that actively encourages players to bypass content. If they want to pass the content of their own choosing, that is fine. But the game should not actively encourage it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
09/25/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Clever

I would kind of agree, except that I think "realm firsts" should be removed entirely. All it does is encourage people to go farm XP spots like they are doing now. I am against anything that actively encourages players to bypass content. If they want to pass the content of their own choosing, that is fine. But the game should not actively encourage it.
The game is designed for end game content. Once upon a time, it was as much about the journey as it was about the destination, that time has passed. It's a different game now.

Personally, I enjoy the journey. No matter how imbalanced it is.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
I watched a forsaken monk ding from 1-80 in less than a minute at the mailbox. Cheered him on the whole time.

Not sure why it would bother anyone. If they want to go through the work of acquiring extra accounts and Raf for grantable levels; more power to them.

Once you take into account the time they put in, in advance, to get those levels; it's hardly "free".
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Hunter
I watched a forsaken monk ding from 1-80 in less than a minute at the mailbox. Cheered him on the whole time.

Not sure why it would bother anyone. If they want to go through the work of acquiring extra accounts and Raf for grantable levels; more power to them.

Once you take into account the time they put in, in advance, to get those levels; it's hardly "free".

^ agree
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Seems counter productive to level two toons just because you don't want to level one.......
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
09/25/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Amerali
Seems counter productive to level two toons just because you don't want to level one.......

They aren't doing it to skip the leveling process. They are doing to it reach 90 so they can raid.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Mage

I agree.I don't know why Blizz knowingly allowed this, it totally breaks the whole realm first prestige knowing that people who get it may have resorted to exploit tactics like these.

And under this argument, getting a realm first doesn't mean you personally worked/competed hard for it, just that you were able to exploit loopholes in Blizzard's game mechanics.
Edited by Drid on 9/25/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC

I agree.I don't know why Blizz knowingly allowed this, it totally breaks the whole realm first prestige knowing that people who get it may have resorted to exploit tactics like this.

Not an exploit. They've officially confirmed in a blue post to be a legit way of gaining realm first monk and also leveling your character.

The only thing they did not allow was SoR.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Mage

I agree.I don't know why Blizz knowingly allowed this, it totally breaks the whole realm first prestige knowing that people who get it may have resorted to exploit tactics like this.

Not an exploit. They've officially confirmed in a blue post to be a legit way of gaining realm first monk and also leveling your character.

The only thing they did not allow was SoR.

Still, of all the things a player can do to give themselves an edge/boost in realm first, I consider this specific tactic the most sleazy of them all.

Personally, I wanted to see monks grind it out from 1-90 old-school style, would have made the realm first much more of an accomplishment.
Edited by Drid on 9/25/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]