@lvl 42: doing something wrong

56 Draenei Shaman
I took out of the shelf my old elemental shammy lvl 42. Now, while solo questing (in Eastern Plague Lands), killing regular mobs my level it is taking too long: I open with lava burst followed by flame shock then cast lighting bolt til mob dies. I am using the searing totem and flametongue weapon. And yes I spec Elemental. Basically I have time to cast another flame shock after the DOT of the first has ended. I must be doing something wrong. Not a few months ago just casting 3 or 4 LB would kill regular mobs my level. What I am doing wrong?
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Shaman
CT
well casting Lava burst before flame Shock is one thing..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
in order for lava burst to not hit like a wet noodle you must have flameshock on the target..then it is a garunteed critical hit...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I have noticed a serious problem with this as well. I'm not entirely sure what happened. My guess is that the numeric equation for our nukes are scaled to level 90 and somehow messed up at lower levels. After the patch, I have heard a great many people say that Elemental is terribly low damage now, about half to 2/3 as much as other classes. I realize that the xpac just hit and that everything is scaled for 90 now, but that is only a part of the game. Leveling should not be this tedious or frustrating.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Shaman
My damage pre patch on my level 14 shaman was almost double what it is now. Scaling is off or something. Sucks. Resto pvp till 80+ I suppose.
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Priest
reading your spells will help, you can't cast lavaburst before fs because the dot enhances it
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Priest
for those saying ele has low dps, no it they do not my 87 ele shaman does well on the dps meters against every class and for dps on aoe fights ele destroys all other classes
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I am grateful to know that our damage will finally be good once we get to level 85+. However, this is about the damage of lower-level shamans. What we are concerned with in this post is that leveling is very difficult for a shaman because it seems the scaling of our spells is very bad at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
This is very true our AOE damage is insane at later tiers(80+) and we do decent single target, more so once we get ascendant form I assume.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]