Considering Alt (Ice Dragon's Questionnaire)

75 Dwarf Warrior
What have you played before?

Dwarven Beast Master Hunter (Skinning/LW) - Level 58 (BC-WoTLK)

Tauren Protection/Holy Paladin (Mining/JC) - Level 49 (Cata)

Dwarven Arms/Protection Warrior (Mining/BS) - Level 54 (Cata-MoP)

How far did you level it?

See above.

Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed!

Hunter - I liked being a Dwarf, and the class itself was interesting to play. It was fun having a pet and being able to do more than one thing at once, and having a fee tricks up my sleeve and being able to handle things by myself that would've given other solo'ers a hard time. But I felt useless in BGs, and in Dungeons except for my traps I didn't really feel like I was doing anything - and I was bad at pet management, so I constantly pissed the Tank off.

Paladin - The Tauren were interesting, and it was interesting to see the Horde side of the game. But ultimately I lost interest because I like the Alliance a lot more. Being a Paladin was fun - tanking or healing, I felt a lot more useful to everyone in everything, and it was fun being closer to the action in PvE and dungeons. I definitely enjoyed ROFLstomping people in BGs too, far more than as my hunter.

Warrior - My warrior is the class I've enjoyed the most. I like the being up close and in with the action, and that I can DPS or tank and be more useful is nice. Dwarves are still cool (though I much preferred only answering to Magni), though I find myself at odds with the Warrior. On the one hand, I feel more involved and part of the action.....but I feel like I contribute far less than I did as a Hunter or a Paladin, both in Dungeons and PvP. Though there is nothing like that feeling when you corner someone and bash their face in as a Warrior, or just walk in swinging and hope you come out the other side of a massive melee.

With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling?
No friends....and no guild. My only allies will be whatever the PvP/Raid Finder deals me.

Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons?
I just level however I feel....though most of it obviously comes from following the story and the Hero's Call Board, since I have to wait to get into BGs and Dungeons.

Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)?

Whatever strikes my fancy that day - I'll just fill the time between waits gather mats, doing random achievements or flagging for PvP and breaking the balls of the other side in some world PvP.

Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character?

One character, which will just be for when I'm bored of my Warrior for a time.

Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!).

No Horde, sorry.

Any Alliance race, except for Gnomes. And for some reason....the Pandarian don't still too well with me either.

Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?

I....can't really say. The cooperative part of me says I should take Tank/Heal to be more useful when I do PvP or Dungeons, and the solo side of me says I should focus on DPS/Tank because I'll spend most of my time alone.

Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc)

No, not really - though I'm not too fond of Warlocks.

Hybrid or pure? Does it matter?

Doesn't matter.

Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter?

Doesn't matter.

Throw in any extra details here:

I mainly play on an RP server, and while I'm considering making the alt character here, I'm also considering living a little dangerously and picking an RP-PvP server for a rather massive change of pace.

One thing I don't want to do.....level Mining/Blacksmithing again.

I own Vanilla - BC - WoTLK - Cata - MoP, since the first Battlechest came out.....though I must admit that I've never actually made it to Outland before (for various reasons).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As a support character that isn't a tank or healer, I like my Shadow Priest the best. Being able to mana-charge my group and do small healing to everyone is nice. So is being able to chuck a Power Word Shield on the tank right before he's about to die.

But I also like Enhance Shaman as a support character. You melee the heck out of things, interrupt casters, and then get repeated free spells off your Malestrom Weapon procs that you can use to chuck free heals on whoever is in trouble, or just throw free Chain Lightning Bolts the rest of the time.
Reply Quote
75 Dwarf Warrior
Any other suggestions?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]