Shado'Pan.

90 Human Death Knight
M'kay, so the group I was just in for that dungeon was good, everyone was pulling there weight and doing there job, but that last boss is a..well, you know.

Anyway, we wiped once-- only after I managed to solo the boss down for like..I think it was 19% of his health? It was ridiculous that I could even do that.

Tactics though, for that fight, is what I was going to ask about. Being a tank and all, just my job to stand there getting hit in the face, or is there some way I can help the group out with the orbs and stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
You need to kill orbs as soon as they spawn. Boss also does a debuff to 3 party members need to interrupt that. When boss does the swirling aoe thing around him everyone needs to get away also make sure your clearing the rising hate by clicking your buttons. I pop ams and down the orbs while kiting boss.
Edited by Tweeting on 9/27/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Try running it as a healer. Everyone seems to think its funny to LoS me on the last boss.
Edited by Tifaniä on 9/27/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
In my experience (not 90 yet) It helps if you bring one of those caster undead pandas with you into the boss fight with control undead. And the biggest thing is getting dps to focus on the orbs, if they don't do that its a wipe. But having that undead minion helps the dps quite a bit. And swap your damage to the orbs when you get pulled in while popping ams.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I tell my team to kill the orbs, no matter what. I don't care if they're melee, the damage they take from the void spot is far less than the damage they take from the grips. And no orbs means no grips, means I can cast my slow, cheap heals.

The fight takes a little longer, and I end up doing a little more healing, but because I'm using Nourish I won't run oom and we won't die.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The swirling aoe thing is what tanks need to watch for. If you're inside the ring, no problem. But he does an ability called sha strike or some crap, which does heavy damage and knocks you out of the ring. If you try to get back inside without a cooldown, you'll take some serious damage. That's about all there is to that as a tank.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
OMG that thing is a beeaatch :)

There are 5 static orbs, 2 on the right and 3 on the left of the area. Make sure you take those out b4 you pull the boss.

Otherwise, the above will get you through.

/Salute
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I tell everyone to hit the orb, DPS, healer, and i save my HOPO to burst it. A group of competent range DPS will burst them down faster than it takes a tank to run up to them but I never assume my allies are competent.

Its 135k hp. Every little bit helps if you DPS are not on the mark.
Reply Quote
Just a note: if you get stuck in combat at the end, chances are one of the "pre-set" orbs was damaged, and you need to go kill it all the way down.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This is a thread about challenge mode, right?
Because it's impossible to wipe in heroic.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
This is a thread about challenge mode, right?
Because it's impossible to wipe in heroic.

Apparently you don't run in pug groups. But anyway, what's the point in being an !@#$%^- here?
Reply Quote
being an !@# on the forums and internet is so cool though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]