Mist of Pandaria Discs won't install the game

85 Orc Death Knight
I just purchased the Expansion yesterday and the discs will not install the game. I am doing a fresh install of the game. The discs open the updating files which completes and the launcher opens and it starts to install. At about 20% the discs stop and it stays at 20% for what has now been 4 hours. I'm not sure if its still installing or whats going on, the music and slides keep playing but the installation hasn't continued. I am on a university network btw but didnt think it would effect the installation from discs
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I don't think it should be doing this. Can you post some system specs so we can check this out?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
It's 2012 - you can (and should) download the entire game from your battle.net account page.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID: 7299FB45-7A01-5183-83DD-AF89D78F76A0
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

System Version: OS X 10.8.1 (12B19)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.1.0
Boot Volume: HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name:
User Name:
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Time since boot: 7 minutes
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
09/26/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Fibromyalgía
It's 2012 - you can (and should) download the entire game from your battle.net account page.

I'm on a University Network so installing the game via the client from battle.net doesn't work for me thats why I chose to get the discs because that got me around the network issues with past expansions
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Warrior
Same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It may be 2012 but in the "real world" things don't always work. I have downloaded the World of Warcraft Setup (which is the current installer for WoW) to try to reinstall WoW to hopefully fix my problems but after a bit it says it can't connect to the update server and stops. I have full internet (as shown by me posting here), I have put in tickets also and can't seem to find a way to get WoW reinstalled and working. It is also the same thing I tried on my MacBook Pro to hopefully rule out something wrong with my Mac Pro tower and it won't install there either, giving the very same error (this MacBook Pro had never had a copy of WoW installed on it before). I have been fighting these problems since 6 pm server (Kilrogg, US) and am quite upset that I can not access my game. MoP was digital deluxe and I have been playing continuously since May of 2005. I have also made a living from being a computer tech since 1975. so this sort of thing frustrates the heck out of me. I have poured over these forums and performed all advise with no relief in sight....grrrrr
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
09/26/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Gørbag

I'm on a University Network so installing the game via the client from battle.net doesn't work for me thats why I chose to get the discs because that got me around the network issues with past expansions

Aaah, ok. Didn't realize it was the P2P issue that's been going around.
I'd suggest setting up an SSH tunnel/proxy, but I don't know which IPs/ports to reroute.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Now I'm getting this error after its been sitting ar 20% for 4 hours that the launcher can't open the World of warcraft temp. file and the 20% goes back to 0% and exits out
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/26/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Fibromyalgía

That's fine if you have access to more than 8 gig of broadband per month, but when you don't, downloading from one's battle.net is not an option.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I fixed the problem by downloading a new agent from patchup and all the 5+ patches via atomicgamer and put files in their respective folders and in installed in 5 minutes yay
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
93 Draenei Mage
09/27/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Gørbag
I fixed the problem by downloading a new agent from patchup and all the 5+ patches via atomicgamer and put files in their respective folders and in installed in 5 minutes yay

Interesting.

How much did you end up having to download ?

Do you remember what the files were named ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/27/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Gørbag

How??? and where exactly? I've just gotten the CD game yesterday and I can't get it to load
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
it won't go past 6.9% for me =\
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
ah crap, I just googled MoP not installing and didn't notice this was Mac support, I have this issue on windows
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
09/27/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Bluspacecow

Interesting.

How much did you end up having to download ?

Do you remember what the files were named ?

had to download around 19.8GB.. and the files are located via WoWWiki for the patches 5.0+ that I used and the agent file is on patchup.info. I don't even know if thats what did it. I just kept messing with it putting the setup in different locations and using the discs and then using the online client and it eventually worked.
Reply Quote
51 Undead Rogue
When I put the discs in the computer, nothing happens. There is no loading screen. There is nothing. The WoW launcher says my game is up to date, but when I enter the game, I cannot access the monk class. There is nothing that tells me to enter the code or anything. I don't know what to do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
i am having the same problem SOS....
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Mage
I had the same problem for me. Mine would not go past 0.1% and I use Windows HP. =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]