Are any of you guys considering transfering?

79 Blood Elf Priest
I am thinking about it, only thing is my guild is staying. I really don't wanna wait 2 hours every time I wanna play. Not complaining just mildly annoyed and wanna know how long till people start moving lol.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
i'm thinking of doing the same. No clue what server i will go to though. I really liked area 52 because there was always something to do with so many people.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am in the same situation, Salennis. I got one of my toons to exalted with my guild, and I like every guildie I've chatted with. But waiting an hour and a half to log in is just not fun (though, yes, I am genuinely excited that so many people are enjoying the game again).

So, while I didn't expect it, I'm actually considering loading up my main toon with all my gold and taking the free transfer. Even if it's temporary, it'd at least make me happier this weekend. And I don't raid, so it would be a bummer but not the end of the world.

Anyone else out there?

Note: if you haven't seen it, there was a blue Blizzard comment that said because Velen is not in the Eastern time zone, they will be adding a second option for Area 52 to freely transfer to. So keep that in mind and hold out if that makes a difference to you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Give it a week.
The queue's will die down when the initial "ZOMG IT'S MISTS LUVZ PANDAZ" craze dies.

There is really no point in moving right now. Especially since population is so poor distributed right now. You'll either end up on a dead server, or a full one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
On the bright side you can transfer for free right now. I thought about transferring a few alts.

The free transfer is to the server Velen only
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
On the bright side you can transfer for free right now. I thought about transferring a few alts.

The free transfer is to the server Velen only

Actually the list was updated to include a choice between Velen and Exodar: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6713912167?page=1
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nah. I have already left a dead realm to come to this one because once faction/realm transfers happened my old Realm died to the point that you couldn't even pug 1 dps for a guild run. This was not my fault it was blizzards. Now something that is again their fault I am not wasting my time and effort to switch. If they don't do something to fix the problem I will simply let my sub expire and be done with this game for good. Not starting over again for a 3rd time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you move to a high pop server, when a new xpac drops, you're going to have server que times before and during peak play times. With Cata, it lasted for about 2 weeks and que times went away. Outside of this rather short time frame, the are no issues logging in and there certainly are no que times to deal with. It's a rare, and short lived issue that does resolve itself.

In the mean time, there are several options.

Take the free transfer - or pay for a transfer - to a realm with a low population than A52 has.

Wait a couple of weeks and then start playing.

Deal with the que times for the short time they occur and continue to play and enjoy your game.

Cancel your sub and go play something else.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/27/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Zephinism
Both have more ally than Horde though.

Probably intentional so that the horde ratio raises.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/28/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Madcowkillar
exodar the ally hugely outnumbers the horde. velen isnt too far from even. but the point stands that we shouldnt have to move to a new realm, blizz should have locked this realm at full instead of letting it get overpopulated. does anyone know if its locked yet or are they still letting people transfer here and sign up to area 52?

The fact is a week ago, the server wasn't full. I'm sure there was a large number of inactive subs during the end of Cata - along with players that rarely logged in. New Expansion drops and you have a sudden, massive amount of people now all wanting to play at the same time.

The other fact that is within another couple weeks time, the server ques will be gone and the population will go back to being what it has always been. In the mean time, Blizz is doing the best they can and offering an alternative to people who wish to go to a server with a lower population.
Edited by Songweaver on 9/29/2012 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If you move to a high pop server, when a new xpac drops, you're going to have server que times before and during peak play times. With Cata, it lasted for about 2 weeks and que times went away. Outside of this rather short time frame, the are no issues logging in and there certainly are no que times to deal with. It's a rare, and short lived issue that does resolve itself.

In the mean time, there are several options.

Take the free transfer - or pay for a transfer - to a realm with a low population than A52 has.

Wait a couple of weeks and then start playing.

Deal with the que times for the short time they occur and continue to play and enjoy your game.

Cancel your sub and go play something else.

Quoted for maximum exposure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]