Chi wave

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So how does it work exactly? Can I use it and will it bounce to a person more than once, healing them more than once? Or is it once it bounces off you, you can't be healed by it that turn anymore?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
It will bounce between a friendly and a hostile target back and forth going from one to the other. It gives eight ticks, one to the caster when cast then attacks once, then a nearby friendly, then enemy ect for seven bounces.

It works just fine in solo play, but in group play its buggd, if it bounces to the casting monk it just "stops." This was reported numerous times in the beta but never got fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It will bounce between a friendly and a hostile target back and forth going from one to the other. It gives eight ticks, one to the caster when cast then attacks once, then a nearby friendly, then enemy ect for seven bounces.

It works just fine in solo play, but in group play its buggd, if it bounces to the casting monk it just "stops." This was reported numerous times in the beta but never got fixed.

It only comes to you if your less than full right? I never seem to have this issue that I notice.
Reply Quote
83 Pandaren Monk
I'm using Zen Sphere for now, it seems to give a decent heal over time. Chi Wave seems bugged and Chi Burst isn't worth the cast time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Chi Burst was heavily gutted because it eventually became better for AoE to Jab -> Chi Burst and you'd pull massive numbers. Now its pretty pointless. Chi Wave is better than ZS for burst HPS when solo, it is absolutely amazing.

Yeah, Chi Wave only heals those that needed it, but its been well documented in a group of 5 people that all need healing, if Chi Wave hits the caster between the 1-6th bounces it can stop and vanish entirely.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Dont mean to bring back a seemingly dead thread, but has Chi Wave been fixed yet? Because I really want to go back to using it. I like it a lot more than Zen Sphere for healing. It's a lot easier to not have to switch between targets to heal.
Reply Quote
73 Pandaren Monk
Yes, it is finally fixed. *-*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]