Shadow Priest AOE?

90 Blood Elf Priest
WTB Priestilence
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Halo is garbage. You hit everything in the area...once.....ONCE and then you get to do it again 40 seconds later. That is hardly considered an AoE might as well get a instant mind spike off on all the mobs at once, that is essentially what Halo is, an instant one hit nuke and nothing more.

You can't even use Halo on every AoE encounter because you may end up pulling the whole freaking instance. The only argument to counter this is..."well that is what the other two talents are for..."
It is like Blizzard took "situational purpose" quite literally this expansion.

back to the point...

The amount of work a priest has to do to keep up with other classes in AoE is ridiculous. Many other classes only need hit one to three buttons while we have to constantly monitor DoTs, weave in Mind Blast/Spike procs along with DP and SW: D, all along with Mind Searing on the side with Halo.

Shadow is that one spec I've seen that with AoE your rotation becomes more difficult.
You basically do your single target rotation but on more mobs and you have to hit even more stuff.

To be honest, there is way too much exaggeration over our AoE dps, we do not have the lowest AoE dps currently saying so would be a blatant lie. As I said earlier, popping a trinket before using mind sear increases the damage by more than 1k. Against mobs of about 5 or more, I've easily out dpsed most classes by spamming 1 button and not bothering to even cast a single MB or DoT or even Halo. If you really have problems with the AoE, go play another class.
Back to the point on halo, it's really a good dps cooldown though I will have to admit it is a bit chunky with the 25 yard thing and it's a bit glitchy seeing as it doesn't even have a 30 yard range at the moment, but the amount of damage it does is quite op.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/01/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Romanticide
WTB Priestilence
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
09/28/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Theyas
The fact that nobody's mentioned Halo yet makes my head spin.

In most 5 mans using halo means you just pulled 6 other groups of mobs. The range on it is insane. I'm yet to use it without regretting it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/02/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Funkipriest
In most 5 mans using halo means you just pulled 6 other groups of mobs.

I use it almost on CD in heroics and have only ever pulled a group once (because I didn't notice them there).

10/02/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Funkipriest
The range on it is insane.

...ly short. 30 yards. Not hard to work with.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/02/2012 06:00 AMPosted by Nixxe
In most 5 mans using halo means you just pulled 6 other groups of mobs.

I use it almost on CD in heroics and have only ever pulled a group once (because I didn't notice them there).

The range on it is insane.

...ly short. 30 yards. Not hard to work with.

I love Halo so much. I typically use it on cooldown, and if I pull extra groups, I apologize to the healer and tank, pop VE and dot the world.

I've only been running heroics with my guild's groups, which currently consists of a VERY strong Holy Paladin / Resto Shaman, and an incredibly skilled beardrood. It usually isn't a problem unless I pulled without letting my healer get mana, in which case I may pop my hymn and help heal with renew/PoM.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
To be honest, there is way too much exaggeration over our AoE dps, we do not have the lowest AoE dps currently saying so would be a blatant lie. As I said earlier, popping a trinket before using mind sear increases the damage by more than 1k. Against mobs of about 5 or more, I've easily out dpsed most classes by spamming 1 button and not bothering to even cast a single MB or DoT or even Halo. If you really have problems with the AoE, go play another class.
Back to the point on halo, it's really a good dps cooldown though I will have to admit it is a bit chunky with the 25 yard thing and it's a bit glitchy seeing as it doesn't even have a 30 yard range at the moment, but the amount of damage it does is quite op.

I never said that Shadow Priest AoE damage was underpowered...
I merely stated my opinion on Halo and that a Shadow Priest has a lot more to manage in AoE to compete with (now I'll be more specific) *good players*.

Halo seems to do incredibly overpowering damage but in reality a 500k burst in dps for 1 second only to fall back in line at the end of the fight (say 40-70k dps) isn't something I would consider overpowered. I would consider that more so a clunkyish addition to the AoE system.

Kinda similar to Devouring Plague, you just hit it and BOOM!!! Nothing special about it.

I've also topped meters pulling roughly 60-70k dps in AoE encounters (one of those Mantid instances) by hitting nothing but Halo and Mind Sear, however those are select encounters. Most everywhere else requires much more attention.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Halo is great, and most bosses' (at least in heorics) add phases are perfect for the cooldown of Halo. In addition, it's short enough to be available for every trash pull.

I use it at the begining of each pull and then fade. (Also, don't you guys love that fade is off the GCD now?!)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Another disappointed SP here... mind sear is useless
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]