Leveling 85-90

90 Tauren Warrior
1. How does an Alliance toon access Pandaria?
2. How long does 85-90 take? I've heard anywhere from 5 hours to over 20.
Edited by Tyani on 9/27/2012 4:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I am told that there is a pop-up quest that you get that will prompt you to visit the King. I didn't get the quest - but as soon as I entered Stormwind Keep (which is where the quest is supposed to take you) I triggered a cut scene, and was given direction at that point to board the airship that takes you to Pandaria.

I'm going to bet it takes more like 20 hours than 5 (of constant, no quarter given play). I'm basing this on the fact that when I played Tuesday evening for a few hours - which was just about 20 hours after the release - I was still seeing system messages for "Realm first Level 90 <class>".

<S>
Reply Quote
5 hours? I seriously, seriously doubt that, at least from legitimate leveling. 20+ is a lot more realistic, I saw a Realm First 90 after about 16 hours from launch, but that's crazy questing and EXP bonuses, "normal" leveling would probably take a few evenings just like with Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
09/27/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Sylth
I'm going to bet it takes more like 20 hours than 5 (of constant, no quarter given play).

20 isn't too bad. I heard that there were some excellent mob grinding spots that let you hit 90 in about 5 hours, but it sounds too good to be true.

Thanks for the responses. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/27/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Tyani
I'm going to bet it takes more like 20 hours than 5 (of constant, no quarter given play).

20 isn't too bad. I heard that there were some excellent mob grinding spots that let you hit 90 in about 5 hours, but it sounds too good to be true.

Thanks for the responses. :)

There were certain mobs that basically had automatic respawns that were used by people to try for world/realm firsts. I believe those levels were taken away by Blizzard.

There are definitely still some areas with VERY fast respawn rates right now though. If you want to just kill grind for a bit, that's a thing you can do.

For the record, I've been putting in a few hours every night and I'm to 87 already. The pace feels fairly similar to Cata leveling to me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/27/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Tyani

That was done using glitched mobs that had an instant respawn rate and making use of a exploit involving mob tagging and grouping & ungrouping at a key points in the fight to kill the mob extremely fast & in such a way that only one person got all the xp from the kill.

Players who used such tactics to achieve world & realm firsts at a crazy fast rate were docked those levels by Blizzard and now have a flag set on their account that will work against them if they ever attempt anything even remotely suspicious again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Every single time someone hits a supposed world first in the level cap, it turns out they cheated and are forcibly rolled back to the old level cap in addition to receiving an account flag. People are too stupid to realize that Blizzard is specifically watching them when expansions launch to catch them doing this. Then someone doing it right comes along and gets the rightful world/realm firsts. It happens every time without fail.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The automatic pop-up quest should appear on your level 85 toon if you log into them while they are in Stormwind City, or if you take them there. Not sure about elsewhere. But yeah, you can just mosey on into the throne room and it starts with a VERY LOUD cut-scene. After that, follow the yellow arrow to the flying gunship and away you go!

As for leveling to 90, take heed of a common Pandaren comment: "Slow down!" Really, Pandaria is probably the most visually attractive continents in the history of WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
That was done using glitched mobs that had an instant respawn rate and making use of a exploit involving mob tagging and grouping & ungrouping at a key points in the fight to kill the mob extremely fast & in such a way that only one person got all the xp from the kill.

That explains where the five hours came from.

09/28/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Pangalactic
Really, Pandaria is probably the most visually attractive continents in the history of WoW.

I rolled a Pandaren to see the starting zone, and I was pretty impressed. Can't wait to see 85-90.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Mob tagging is an aspect of the game that blizzard is both fully aware of and has no problem with. If mob tagging occurs excessively for purposes of harassing or griefing other players, then that's the only time blizzard has an issue with it.

As far as the world first level 90 by FS being done in 5 hours. It was completely legitimate and was a very well researched, planned, and executed strategy. Sure, the strategy consisted of a very simple set of actions being repeated over and over for 5 hours, but it was by no means against any blizzard policies or anything. It would seem that they kicked him down to level 87 as a way of saving face because they were not pleased that it was done rather than because he actually did anything wrong.

FS and his friends spent hours and hours in beta figuring out the best way to go about it and in all honesty, this world first is not any different from how cata realm firsts were achieved. Grind Grind Grind of the best mechanic available and that's it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So Asharian, tagging the creature, grouping up with a bunch of people so you get group xp, then just before the mob dies dropping group so all that extra group xp goes to just you instead of getting split up amongst everyone, and repeatedly doing this for 5 hours on a glitched mob with an instant respawn rate is working as blizzard intended? Sorry, it's not how Blizzard intended things to work.

If Blizzard didn't have a problem with them doing that, then they wouldn't have had their xp rolled back to 87.
Edited by Avanna on 9/28/2012 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]