you happy with rogue?

65 Pandaren Monk
Im not, I remember when rogues were agile bursters.

now when i log onto my rogue i feel like a warrior in leather and some questionable history.

I played a rogue to feel roguelike, i dont really feel that anymore sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Rogues SHOULDN'T be a warrior in leather armor... thats why they made the changes to make them thief's/assassin's in leather armor.
Reply Quote
I have been happy thus far. Just a really fun class to play for me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Subtlety still feels very "Rogue-ish" with nice burst and control, but both Combat and Assassination feel sluggish and feel like they fall under a more classic "Warrior or Fighter" playstyle.
Reply Quote
65 Pandaren Monk
09/27/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Kincayd
Rogues SHOULDN'T be a warrior in leather armor... thats why they made the changes to make them thief's/assassin's in leather armor.

huh? they are more like warriors in leather armor then ever.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Can we define our terms? What does "like warriors" mean to you all?
Reply Quote
65 Pandaren Monk
ill put it this way, when i play any roguelike class (thief, rogue, assassin, etc) stealth is certainly a part of it, but also mobility and sudden (I.E. burst) damage.

rogues mobility, even with shadow step is crap (or BoS even) compared to even a warrior.

rogues burst...now im not saying they should gib players, but they shouldnt have such passive damage like they do now, its rediculous.

imo rogues play like warriors little brothers who arent big boys enough to wear plate.

ive played a rogue in almost every rpg ive had the option. other hten stealth, i dont feel like a rogue at all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
i am always happy with my rouge,...

you want to know why THEY ARE FUN TO PLAY!!!!!
Edited by Xantha on 9/27/2012 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Monk
09/27/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Sankey
rediculous
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
combat with a bleed where you cant stealth or got faerie fire=warrior in leather
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Rogue
I love my rogue the stealth is key and understanding the movement. I think making shadow step universal was a nice adjustment. It's not easy though because of how hard it is to sneak up on people and our burst seems sub par on anything except ambush spam. A lot of dps numbers come from gear and target selection. For example, a death knight in blood presence with 40% resilience and bone shield is probably not worth attacking. Yet, I see people try to unload a combo and wonder why nothing happened. We actually do have some good CC as well a few dps opportunities. Assassination is also a good pvp spec if you're good in your rotations. Garrote/rupture with the poison procs can give you unreasonable numbers in combination with mutilate and envenom. I've done it a few times and I think it's great for killing FCs.
Reply Quote

rogues mobility, even with shadow step is crap (or BoS even) compared to even a warrior.

Umm, everyone's mobility is crap compared to a warrior's.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'm pretty apathetic about the rogue atm. I think that the Shuriken Toss/Deadly Throw combo is a very great and very useful tool especially with the 6 second silence and slow when being kited.

There are a lot of better classes, but I'm good at playing rogue so I'll stick with it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I'm quite content thus far. All 3 specs have been made viable for both PvE and PvP, the new talent build system allows you to create your own rotation class, in a sense, and allows for further personalization and customization.

I am absolutely LOVING the new changes to ShS, and I can't wait to utilize it to its max potential in arenas and RBGs. The fact that I can now port to allies is great, it will make peeling off my healers much easier and in arenas, I can just jump back to my healer, get out of enemy LoS, get healed, and possibly even restealth.

Overall, yes rogues were left a bit at the back of the bus while all the other classes got shiny new toys, but they're not unplayable. They've gotten a few key abilities that, when utilized properly, can really let us shine like we always have. Rogues have NEVER and, I don't believe, will ever be underpowered in PvP. At a disadvantage? Maybe, but it won't be anything a decent player can't work around.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
09/27/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Dench
I love my rogue the stealth is key and understanding the movement.

^^^^^^this is the thing that makes me the happiest about changes to rogues. In most of Cata, 4.3 especially, it felt like as a rogue I could go Rambo-style whenever I wanted; just break stealth, run around, and smokedance everywhere and burst people down ridiculously. Now, with MoP, you are forced to play rogues like they were meant to be played; stealthy. Even as combat, it is quite helpful to get some restealths in, which makes me very happy. Blizz has made it so right now rogues are a bit more vulnerable when out of stealth, and I like that! It means now we have to be quick and deadly in our attacks, as assassins should be ^.^
Edited by Sllade on 9/27/2012 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
yes
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

Umm, everyone's mobility is crap compared to a warrior's.

Paladin, Druid, And monk says hi.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]