I think the overall design has a lot of promise, but there are (quite) a few things I'd like to see changed. Many amount to buffs, and I'm sure there are people here who will call me a whiner, but I do believe them necessary. WARNING: I will get into a few talents this time, feel free to stop reading now.
- Deadly Brew needs to replace Prey on the Weak so all Rogues can access it, not just level 90 PvP Rogues. I know it's a rough choice with Dirty Tricks so tempting, but it should be available to everyone and no Rogue should have to choose between it and Shiv Crippling.
- Shiv Crippling is a horrid nerf for a Rogue. If we're going to have the Shiv effect for Crippling, at least split the difference and make it 60/80. That way you reward good use of Shiv without punishing (too much) those times it can't be used.
- MN was fine when you could run 2x utility poisons and still have Crippling or equivalant (Brew, Blade Twisting, or Waylay), but as great as it is vs. casters it's useless against everyone else. A new effect (reduced resource cap? reduced regen? increased ability cost? something else?) that works on all classes would make it a good option.
- PP is useless. It doesn't work on bosses, it stacks too slow for trash mobs, and though dispels have a CD now, they dispel EVERYTHING, destroying PP ramp-up. "It needs fixt."
- Mut's energy regen and damage are also STILL dependent on poisons. That's fine, until it falls off (only 8-15s) or is dispelled (probably "accidentally," when a healer is trying to dispel a root, snare, debuff, etc). Even if it is removed, Rupture requires a target, has a shorter duration than, and with VW provides less average energy regen than Energetic Recovery on SnD.
- Garrote too could use a change, to 2s ticks. That would make Mut opening with an opener useful in PvE, and Garrote a decent option v. non-mages in PvP (with Nerve Strike and glyph of Cheap Shot, who doesn't use CS now?).
- Deadly Throw's interrupt isn't practical. How often will you have a full 5cp to waste when a 2s cast comes up? Even with Anticipation, extremely rarely. I'd rather have interrupt without lockout on 1cp than both on 5cp.
- Some people have complained that Elusiveness is a DPS loss in PvE, other's have complained that it is too powerful, especially when glyphed, in PvP. Have you considered replacing the energy cost with a very short (10-15s) CD?
- BoS not breaking stealth would be a LOT more fun (even if it still cost energy when Shadow Focus was talented), and while Step to allies is AMAZING, with so many roots and so few dispells it simply can't reduce kiting (horrible for a melee class, especially with Vanishes cut in half). I'm still betting Rogues will be kited into infinity. Please have a root break, a work despite roots, and/or a reduced CD ready.
- Prep still doesn't belong, please get rid of it.
=> With Hunters having a 1m no-Cloak "Vanish," most Druids with a 30s no-Cloak "Vanish," and Resto with a 30s Dispel/"Vanish," I still support replacing Prep with a simple 30s Vanish CD (root/snare break, but no Cloak). Something would have to be done to prevent this from being a damage CD, especially in PvE, but it would allow Rogues to choose to be stealthy again, without Cloak "resets," and at the cost of gap closers (the root break and simply running in stealth would be the closer).
- Finally, Anticipation looks to be almost necessary for PvE and Shuriken Toss for PvP. If this proves to be true, it should be mitigated. While part of the stated design goal of the talent tree was to allow players to change talents depending on the situation, they are also supposed to be a choice.
=> It'd be nice to be able proc poisons on the move from "Throw" so that Anticipation (extra stored cp's) is competitive with Shuriken Toss (extra cp's at range) in PvP.
=> It would be great if Deadly Throw did respectable damage (glyphed to lose snare/interrupt?) and if FoK (and Tempest?) could still be glyphed for better range to help make Toss a good alternative to Anticipation in high movement/fire PvE.
=> It'd be wonderful if Versatility finally put combo points on the target, making it too a valued option.