Why are YOU playing a Monk?

90 Troll Monk
Not because if the class is OP/meh, but because it's enjoyable to you. Why do you play it?

For me, it is the closest I can feel to playing a rogue with my swirly ball back.

Swirly ball. Never forget.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
ghostcrawler said street fighter.

I slammed my money down on the counter...

the end
Reply Quote
15 Dwarf Monk
I think the king of Ironforge would want me to play a drunken, tanking dwarf, so I made one in his honor. :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Bored with other classes atm.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The pandaren monk sealed it for me. The ideal of balance in all things is very much my attitude in life, and to see it portrayed in the game made me happy.

I also love martial arts and absolutely love how they have made the monk. Also, as a watcher of the old Kung-fu Theatre on USA channel way back in the early 80's, I just had to play a kung-fu master.

Had to.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Because I like beer.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Because I enjoy eminence healing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Tanking looked fun....dps looked fun (so what if its basic, you cant !@#$ up a rotation or your dps goes wayyy down). And i wanted to play something unique.
Reply Quote
67 Blood Elf Monk
Because a woman that can punch a dragon to death is awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Because Eramas Brightblaze was my favorite miniboss in Magister's Terrace.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Panda emotes are Fracking epic, and i have a 80+ of every other class...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because I now feel like Bruce Lee...it is an amazing feeling
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not because if the class is OP/meh, but because it's enjoyable to you. Why do you play it?

For me, it is the closest I can feel to playing a rogue with my swirly ball back.

Swirly ball. Never forget.

lol, the class is nowhere close to OP
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
It's a solid class and I'm considering leveling this character up and maining as him this xpac. I have fun, and I've only seen a few other Draenei Monks outside of the starting area.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
1) Needed something new
2) Always loved 'fantasy' Kung Fu (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer, Kung Pow! to name a few)
3) Trolls are far and away the best Monk race for animations. Sorry Pandas.
Reply Quote
This Class is the closest representation of what i do IRL.

It's got fantastic visuals
a Fantastic gameplay
a Fantastic feel
a healthy dose of complexity
a healthy dose of freedom

This is the class for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The moment I saw Blizz announce the xpac & the monk class having a healing spec, I knew what I'd be doing (I was a Disc priest to begin with). Part of it was the idea of healing through martial arts, and part of it was a belief that the class would be strong through MoP, given the precedent of DKs in Wrath. I figured that even if Blizz managed to tone down the OP factor, they wouldn't leave the class *weak* and presuming I could master the spec, I'd be an asset to my raid's healing team.

Once Beta opened, I began levelling a Mistweaver from lvl 1, and fell in love within the first 30 levels (there were more healing spells available at earlier levels, in early Beta, so by lvl 30 I had a decent idea of Mistweaver healing flavour). I also absolutely loved the experience of hanging out with the Mistweaver community on the Beta Classes board & contributing to the ongoing MW discussion with other "casuals" like myself as well as with the true theorycrafters, hardcore raiders, and devs. THAT was an amazing experience.

Thank you, Beta Mistweavers, for helping to make Beta so incredible!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Because I can finally play a melee fighter with a staff that can heal. :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Played a level 85 one in beta. Went Brewmaster because the concept of slinging kegs of beer at people was really funny to me.

Then I joined a dungeon group. Never even thought about it- I wouldn't be levelling my Shaman, my old main, to 90 first- it'd be this guy.
Reply Quote
I choose Monk for a simple reason. I'm from an RP server, ever since the end of Wrath I'd been roleplaying out my warrior to train to be a runemaster (gearing up in plate armor that looked runic and awesome). I know they have deathknights, but I didn't want to deal with the glowing blue eyes and the theme of death around them. Ever since then I'd be hoping for a Runemaster class, or at least a hand to hand combat class. Monk so far is the best bet I may ever get in terms of what I'm looking for, so I went for it. It's very convoluded and silly, I'd be better off as a Shaman, or even a DK as I said before, but I have my reasons for being overly complicated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]