Why are YOU playing a Monk?

90 Pandaren Monk
W/e there's a Monk in a game I have to play it, just love the theme of Monks in general. Also I loved pandas in WC3 (actually was a panda but he was fun to use as a unit).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I am playing a monk for the last 20yrs I've played monk classes, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Everquest, Vanguard: Saga of Hereos, and Diablo 3... if there is a monk class I play it if I like the game of course.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
http://www.garath.net/Sullla/FF/FFbb.html
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am playing a monk for the last 20yrs I've played monk classes, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Everquest, Vanguard: Saga of Hereos, and Diablo 3... if there is a monk class I play it if I like the game of course

This. Also Baldur's Gate 2 and D2 as well. D2 didn't have a monk but the assassin class made me actually play a chick toon, just so I could punch things.
Reply Quote
ghostcrawler said street fighter.

I slammed my money down on the counter...

the end

This.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not because if the class is OP/meh, but because it's enjoyable to you. Why do you play it?

For me, it is the closest I can feel to playing a rogue with my swirly ball back.

Swirly ball. Never forget.

Sir... they gave rouges glyph of detect. wich gave swirly ball back.....
Reply Quote
65 Pandaren Monk
for me i always praised special attack damage and mobility over stealth on my rogue

what do they do?

gut both for rogues

hence im here
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
because a drunken dwarf brawler is a fun idea.
Reply Quote
My biggest gripe is the weapons and how they don't hold them when they get into combat...

Why have it strapped to your back?!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I generally like melee damage dealers. I tried a Rogue when I first started playing the game, but had no success with it. I tried the Monk in beta, and it brought back the fun I originally had with the Rogue, but it was a lot easier to manage.

In hindsight, I think y Rogue failure was more a side effect of the game's learning curve and a broken talent build, but I lost interest in the class.

The monk is a lot of fun to play, and very mobile. It's such a drastically different playstyle than I'm used to with my Druid, and the change of scenery has been tons of fun.

--------------------------------
My biggest gripe is the weapons and how they don't hold them when they get into combat...

Why have it strapped to your back?!

I believe the intended design is for weapons to used during special moves, as the Monks are supposed to be a hand to hand combat class.

That said, I don't disagree. I'd love to see some new fist weapons for our bare-knuckle brawlers, especially ones that remain equipped during a fight.

I'm picturing TMNT's Shredder-like claws, and loving every second of it.
Edited by Korelli on 9/28/2012 1:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Human Monk
Kung fu monks have always been my idea of heroic fantasy...Shaolin forever!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Started a DK upon Wrath's release, seemed like the right thing to do. New expansion, new era, new class, new race.

It just so happens that I also never played a Rogue and I leveled my paladin LONG before Holy Power - so Combo Points / Holy Power are a fairly new concept to me. It's like a fresh start.

But to be honest, the selling factor was account-wide mounts and account-wide pets. If I didn't have all the mounts my DK had racked up, I'd be on him right now.
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Monk
Class isn't OPish, if anything the class is underpowered in some aspects and the more monks that hit 90 will eventually realize that. I doubt we will even be viable in Arena unless we are healing.

I play the monk because I like the theme of it. I never intended to roll one but got tired of sitting and waiting for respawns at launch and rolled one to pass the time. To my surprise it was a blast to play and I've stuck with it.
Edited by Lynceses on 9/28/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I play a monk because crotch shot roundhouses, backflip kicks, chucking kegs and cruising around super stylin' with my green faux hawk/bushy beard are all PURE. WIN.

Need I mention that watching people die to a gnome's FoF is probably the most hilarious thing in game atm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I was originally a shaman, due to the lore and wisdom from being one. Then I saw Pandas, and thought I really see myself as one (I am a fat guy who plays wow, shocker!) So I decided to reroll a monk and switch my shaman to Panda as well. Mainly why am I playing a monk? I see them as the peacekeepers when all else fail, the silent guardians over azeroth. When all else fails, crane kick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
because monk and druid type classes are my fav to play in a mmo.
Edited by Yeezyswag on 9/28/2012 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
Because I thought of a really good name for one.
Reply Quote
I've been wanting to play a martial artist class since I started playing wow and always had a feeling that they would be added eventually. Since I couldn't remember the recovery question to my old account and therefore, couldn't play on it, I made a new account and I wanted to make a human monk my new main.

The class is so fun (Like a healing Rogue/DK Hybrid imo) that I can even look past the obvious flaws in PvP in hopes that we will get buffed eventually.
Reply Quote
I fell in love with the idea of, I punch you get healed idea lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]