Why are YOU playing a Monk?

For fun...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
i'm studying chinese medicine & martial art at the moment and i just wanted to see how many realistic or actual postures Blizz used and kind of got hooked ^_^

i had nerdy exciting moment when i saw Dit Da Jow. it's real ticture and the item info was dead on too ^_^
"Use: A topical liniment of several different herbs combined in a secret formula. Guaranteed to instantly heal bruises and light injuries. (5 Sec Cooldown)"
^
not really a secret formula ^_^
Edited by Bernee on 12/6/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I was unhappy with Cata as a whole. Did not like how they changed classes so much. Figured it would be more of the same with MOP came out, so I went with the only class I had never played before. Have to say, I like the class. It is one of the few I can stomach right now. Most of the legacy classes are "meh".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because my guild needed a healer to raid and I figured to try something new.

Plus its a Monk. Who wouldn't want to be a martial arts Monk?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Aang.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I am playing a monk cause its fun..and I enjoy the play style. I like the mobility and the dps I can pump out.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
Not because if the class is OP/meh, but because it's enjoyable to you. Why do you play it?

For me, it is the closest I can feel to playing a rogue with my swirly ball back.

Swirly ball. Never forget.

I play a monk in pvp because when I do beat another player I feel like I earned it more than say when I'm on my dk, or if I was to reroll a warrior.
Reply Quote
I have a great sense of humor.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ask the coin why it landed on heads.
Reply Quote
Yóu was always meant to be a monk. Yóu understands the essential nature of balance; and believes that the relationship between Chi and ones internal Energy provides an ongoing challenge to achieve harmony and perfection.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It's the only class that doesn't use the exact same attack animation for every ability.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
Because once you go monk, you don't bore yourself with other classes anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because I like to tank and get tanked while tanking. Yo dawg, I herd u liek tanking...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Brewmaster Monk has the highest risk-reward of any tanking class ever put into this game.
It has a kit with proactive (EB, Shuffle) and reactive tools (PB, EH), it deals high damage, brings high raid healing (Ox Statue, Chi Wave) and the most control over incoming damage of the tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Not because if the class is OP/meh, but because it's enjoyable to you. Why do you play it?

For me, it is the closest I can feel to playing a rogue with my swirly ball back.

Swirly ball. Never forget.

I think the way that they brought active mitigation to monks is the way that they should roll out to all the other classes I also don't think monks baseline are op but the good monks are better then the rest of the tanks especially when we can have awesome uptime of shuffle etc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Because I like martial arts. One day, I will learn some form of martial arts IRL, until that day...I will live out my dream through Elroy. xD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I just feels right.
Reply Quote
I was expecting s5
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I -love- brewmaster.

It's the first tank they've designed from day 1 to BE a tank since warrior, all the other tanks have been redesigned to be a tank on top of an existing dps class (yes, even dks) and it just all FEELS right.

Agility tanking -feels- right on it, its rotation -feels- right, it all -feels- right, and exactly how active mitigation should feel. It's fast paced and engaging, letting its complexity flow naturally from your tanking needs, rather than through the rotation itself.

It also feels complete--leveling never felt like I was just holding out for some missing piece... 'Oh man, need consecrate this sucks without consecrate.' I always felt that I had the tools that I needed, but at the same time every new tool felt like something I'd always wanted. 'Oh shuffle, I didn't know I wanted you, but you are so delicious.'

Now they probably have to sort some numbers out on it, make the damage balanced in AoE, that sort of thing, whatever, they gonna do what they gonna do. Maybe tweak numbers here and there. Whatever.

The feel of it, however, its flow... it's spot on.

(there's no frikken way I could play one without a naga tho... damn)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
In hopes it would be close enough to Blademaster to make me happy.

Alas; it is not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]