So why be a warlock...

90 Tauren Druid
When shadow priest are infinitely better?

Their dots are better, their filler is better, their healing is 1000 times better.

Can someone give me a good reason to play my warlock in pvp anymore?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Chaos Bolt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Being a !@#$ing black and purple winged badass with a personal army and energy pulsing off of your body as meteors rain onto your opponents.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/24/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Daerius
Chaos Bolt.

and Havoc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Why be a warlock? Gee, let me think about it...

...how about because I can wreck scores of things with god-tier aoe, or if the tank sucks/dies/whatever, I can take over his role with the push of a button?

...how about because (like the other guy said) being a big purple badass capable of spamming shadowy deathstuff while commanding an ARMY of demons is just awesome?

When I (with my average gear) get called things like "epic" while running scenarios, you know there's good things going on with the class.

Honestly, spec out of affliction if you think it sucks. Since the beginning of my wow career (lol career) I always played affliction because I enjoyed the playstyle. What affliction became in MoP is...a joke, and I almost shelved my warlock over it. :( However, demonology is definitely good right now. Better than it ever was, actually. It's enough to keep me playing this as my main in MoP so far.

If it's the affliction playstyle you want, then yeah, roll a shadowpriest. Same basic idea, no bullpoop dot hasting mechanics and best of all, a better aoe than seed of crapton. It's also impossible to run them out of mana unless you try to spam heal. :O
Edited by Alma on 9/25/2012 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/24/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Drbark
Their dots are better

Wut. Care to elaborate? Also, jealous Spriests, meet Pandemic.

their filler is better

Have you not seen MG?

their healing is 1000 times better

With Flash, Prayer and Renew... Obviously. However, outside of that, Warlocks have much better options. HS, Drain/Harvest, Soul Leech, Siphon Life Glyph, Dark Regen...
Reply Quote
4 Undead Warlock
09/25/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Alma
god-tier aoe

or if the tank sucks/dies/whatever, I can take over his role with the push of a button?

When I (with my average gear) get called things like "epic" while running scenarios

I threw up in my mouth reading this

With Flash, Prayer and Renew... Obviously. However, outside of that, Warlocks have much better options. HS, Drain/Harvest, Soul Leech, Siphon Life Glyph, Dark Regen...

And words can't even describe this...
Edited by Dessan on 9/26/2012 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/26/2012 02:48 AMPosted by Lyea

And all of those combined heal as much as a single flash heal!
Reply Quote
Why roll a class that's doomed by be nerfed in the very near future just because it's more powerful right now when the season hasn't even started yet and you won't even be able to even take advantage of the OPness?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
When shadow priest are infinitely better?

Their dots are better, their filler is better, their healing is 1000 times better.

Can someone give me a good reason to play my warlock in pvp anymore?

Locks are in a good place right now. We have more defensive cds than spriests i believe. Also; the mindest that afflic is king will die. Demo and destro and reforming very well, with demo bringing its own raid team along to fights.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
09/26/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Aeonias
Why roll a class that's doomed by be nerfed in the very near future just because it's more powerful right now when the season hasn't even started yet and you won't even be able to even take advantage of the OPness?

Says the mage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/26/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Dessan
And words can't even describe this..

09/26/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Vreivai
And all of those combined heal as much as a single flash heal!

That's why I said outside of those spells. Obviously an Spriest can drop form to spam flash and outpace a Warlock on self heals entirely, but outside of Vampiric Embrace and the health regen on Plague, they have nada for heals without dropping form unless they get Dark Binding. (Which every SPriest should have in my opinion.)

What I was saying is that Warlocks have much better healing options that aren't quite as active. Cauterize Master and HS are all off the GCD, Soul Leech is passive and I believe Dark Regen is off the GCD as well. (Although, I could be wrong. I haven't played around with Dark Regen much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
What are all you 85's an 86's basing these assumptions on?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Best looking gear sets!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
@Naraku more then likely, beta
Edited by Dustram on 9/26/2012 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Me, 10 Imps, 2 Felguards and a Doomguard all at once

I really like that
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Because affliction warlocks are the only ones in the game that can give people water walking that doesn't break on damage taken (and still lasts 10 minutes!). Try that on for size in something like Twin Peaks...
Edited by Daerius on 9/26/2012 9:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]