frostmourne is locked...

85 Gnome Mage
when can i queue T_T
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
ive been waiting for 50 min so far. thannnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkks blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
These are the perils.. of playing on some of the most 'popular' populated servers.

I am on a high pop server.. but not to that level, i havent had a queue yet.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/25/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Nanokitty
when can i queue T_T

You should be able to queue always.

Now, whether there is a line to log in, that may happen on the more populated realms at the moment.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
why is frostmourne only locked and will it calm down or should i have to change servers
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
10/01/2012 04:43 AMPosted by Màcetheface
why is frostmourne only locked and will it calm down or should i have to change servers

09/26/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Reenela
These are the perils.. of playing on some of the most 'popular' populated servers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/26/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Orlyia
when can i queue T_T

Now, whether there is a line to log in, that may happen on the more populated realms at the moment.

6 days later and no improvement. Average wait time to play is 1.5 hours.
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman

They have opened up free realm transfers off of Frostmourne and other high population realms.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7384661/Free_Character_Transfers_Available-9_26_2012

They can't force people to take them, but they are available until October 4th (tho they may end sooner) if you'd like to switch.
Edited by Nezne on 10/1/2012 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/01/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Mcvodichian

I had 2-3 hour queues at the start of Wrath. It was that way for about a month after launch.

They've totally upgraded the servers since then. They are allowing free transfers off the realm. What more do you want them to do?
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin

I bet if you took the free transfer you would have seen improvement, right? You have chosen to stay and deal with the issue. So there is nothing more we can do since you made your choice.
Edited by Holyångel on 10/1/2012 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
THe servers are set to allow X many people at one time.. any more, and you can have CLIENT side issues (look at the people with lower spec PCs who lag when there are too many people in a city). It has to be able to track X many people around you, what they are doing, etc and feed all that to you.. which can be alot of info.

Compare it to a store on black friday.
All cashiers are open.. but yet there is still 10 + people in every lineup. Why? Well, its just volume, plain and simple. Can they do anything? Nope, all the cashiers are open.

Your choices are to wait it out, as you descided to go to that busy location.. or go to another store where it may not be as busy.. just like you can change realms in wow.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
ok so..

I thought blizzard looks at the people creating/transferring characters to a realm ( ie frostmourne ) and then sets a lock. Not a lock like now which is too late.

Whatever happened here is too late. This issue should have been addressed prior launch.
I estimated time lost : about 36 hours since launch.

We pay good money to play. Not money to wait.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/03/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Chetník
I estimated time lost : about 36 hours since launch.

so about 1.5 days.. $1, approximately.

10/03/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Chetník
This issue should have been addressed prior launch.

Crystal balls and other scrying techniques are pretty unreliable :p
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
sigh was down to 50 on the q from 2500, lock / restart = re q at the start. why????
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
[quote]

I bet if you took the free transfer you would have seen improvement, right? You have chosen to stay and deal with the issue. So there is nothing more we can do since you made your choice.

Holyangel, isn't there a website like Reddit or 4chan you can go to to post condescending remarks to people about issues you only know minimal things about? Seriously... go find other people to trash on the internet.

We have queues on Kil'Jaeden, and they opened the character migrations (not free character transfer as that's something else completely) which would be fine except not only do you NOT get to choose which realm you go to (number one reason why most people don't take this option) but the realm they send you to isn't balanced for the horde/alliance ratio.

It's not a "free transfer" it's a one-option-only migration to a sub-par server. This doesn't help queues. Only a small amount of people would even consider using it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
[quote]

Holyangel, isn't there a website like Reddit or 4chan you can go to to post condescending remarks to people about issues you only know minimal things about? Seriously... go find other people to trash on the internet.

We have queues on Kil'Jaeden, and they opened the character migrations (not free character transfer as that's something else completely) which would be fine except not only do you NOT get to choose which realm you go to (number one reason why most people don't take this option) but the realm they send you to isn't balanced for the horde/alliance ratio.

It's not a "free transfer" it's a one-option-only migration to a sub-par server. This doesn't help queues. Only a small amount of people would even consider using it.

BUT it is the only option.

Blues have even responded on this in other threads. Its not a 'adding more ram' issue to the hardware... The hardware is top notch, and to run well, under proper loads, and not effecting the end users play while on that server.. they can not allow more people on.. end of story.

So, they give the migrations. Do they allow it to anywhere? No.. why? because people will more from one high end server to another, and cause just the same problem.

The only other option, would be for blizzard to forcefully move players.. which is not going to happen.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The problem with transfers is the lock out for server firsts for the raiding types.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]