Rare Pet Information Station

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah, I've noticed Portent seems to be on a quick respawn. I was still at 89 when I found a red one yesterday. A few hours later, I dinged to 90 and I tracked down and tamed a purple one, around 6:55 pm server. I also tracked down Hexapos at 7:10 pm server. (The only one that's eluding me is your pink crane!) :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Patrannche was seriously the hardest one to track. I think I had a headache after that one. Sometimes his tracks phase and/or spawn underground. Congratulations on the Portent and Hexapos. :D I'll shout if I see Patrannche's tracks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I found three of Glimmer's tracks while on my hunter a few nights ago, but i failed at finding more and the tracks I did find ended up despawning :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
There's a spot where it isn't phased. I'd go to the petopia forums and search for glimmer. Like, the little corridor by the water, I think. I'll keep an eye out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I found the tracks just south of the road to the right of where it says Serpent's Heart on the map o.o
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Finally! Patrannache tamed at 5:15 pm server. That was a rough one... O_o;

I'll keep an eye out for Glimmer tracks as well. That's a tough one to follow, especially when it paths through the Arboretum and Nectarbreeze, where there's a ton of ground clutter. Getting an idea of the routes helps too, I've found.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
^ Grats :)

and tis a sad night. I was sitting at a non-phased area waiting for Glimmer, tabbed out to google the path it takes, and it walked right by me. I was able to follow the tracks for a while then they phased out :<
Reply Quote
Good luck to you Gunny
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Grats! And aww. Well, I hope you get that Glimmer! Come out of hiding, silly water strider.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't know if it'll help ... When I tamed Glimmer, it was at the end of its path, assuming it spawns in the north and walks southward. There's a fairly clear area just past Nectarbreeze where you can hang out -- just need to keep an eye out for hostile gorillas. And, since it's the end of the path, if you miss the tracks the first time, there's still the chance of following the tracks again when it reverses its course and paths back north again. (That's what happened to me... missed the initial walk-by, but caught it as it was tracking back north again.)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Savage tamed today (10/11/12) at approximately 4:15 PM server time. What a gorgeous cat!
Edited by Tahlian on 10/11/2012 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Awesome! :D Congratulations! And he totally is. I like mine lots.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I tamed Savage :D 8:42 pm server time

screenshots :3
http://i45.tinypic.com/2iqk7c9.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/mljcpt.jpg

map of where i got it:
http://i45.tinypic.com/11ugvo6.jpg

So I didn't know you had to follow the tracks in the opposite direction they were facing to find the 'fresh' tracks and get to the end of the trail... i watched a video on the rares and gave it a shot and found Savage :3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Congratulations. And for those of you curious, the tracks should be fixed in 5.1. And allo, Sera! Glad to hear it. :D Congratulations on your tiger.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Was able to find and tame Glimmer as well as the pretty pink crane that's name escapes me. I got really lucky with Glimmer, footprint appeared right next to me. I was lazy and threw a flare in the crane's path for about 45-50 minutes and it walked through xD
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hooray! :D Congratulations on both of them. They're pretty sneaky. The pink crane has the worst freaking path around the zone...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
it does :/ i spent a few hours looking for tracks, even had s guildie helping me and we still couldnt find tracks so i decided to sit and camp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]