MoP Leveling Prot

100 Dwarf Paladin
I'll admit that I only had time to complete the first 10 or so quests before leaving for work, but has anyone else noticed a sharp drop in prot damage, and in turn, questing speed?

I took a fairly long break after Firelands, but I leveled 80-85 prot when Cataclysm launched and it was much less painful. Although slower than a DPS class/spec, it still felt very manageable.

Am I fighting a losing battle trying to level without respeccing and swapping some gear, or am I just missing something completely here?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You mean the sharp drop in prot damage overall since 5.0.4? Our 20k hitting shields?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Vengeance stack mechanics were changed. Pull more mobs.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
09/25/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Cayse
Vengeance stack mechanics were changed. Pull more mobs.

This. If you're tanking less than 5 guys, you're doing it wrong. The more the merrier, up to where they kill you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Even as ret I tend to feel like I'm underperforming with three or four mobs.

As prot, questing, you want to sit as close as you can to pulling too much because you can heal more when your vengeance is higher.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
09/25/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Tetritis
I'll admit that I only had time to complete the first 10 or so quests before leaving for work, but has anyone else noticed a sharp drop in prot damage, and in turn, questing speed?

YES. I just leveling another Paladin to 85 ~3 weeks ago and started MoP quests today. Granted, my gear is mostly sub-HoT-level, but ohmygoodness mobs are taking forever to kill.

Oh the plus side, heeeeell yeah getting massive tank gear upgrades via quests rewards for the first time ever.
Edited by Fibromyalgía on 9/26/2012 12:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Thanks for the input. As you guessed, I haven't played much since the 5.0 patch.

Dungeons/group questing it is.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I started Jade Forest in crap gear and haven't found it too hard. Quite fun actually.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]