Altaholic redemption? (icedragon question)

100 Draenei Shaman
What have you played before? Everything to 85, druid to 83 no monk ty.

•How far did you level it? I raided on my Priest in wotlk until ulduar then switch to my paladin to dps whack a mole was boring me even in pvp.

Paladin dps Ulduar, got bored of simple mechanics switched to holy paly then droped.
DK tanked Ulduar got bored easily
warrior tanked ulduar (just before argent crusade tourny) charging around was fun but got bored of simple mecanics)
I was an alt-aholic all of cata and I need it to stoppp!

•Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed!

Priest I played the most in wrath until my mind was burnt also enjoyed pvp. went back for cata but dk's would just hard counter you in pvp making it frustrating with so little change to pve healing I got bored. could never get myself to shadow dps, could never quest or daily quest in holy/discipline its the real reason I quit priest running around pve holy/pvp disc didn't allow me to get hodir and stuff done. Shadow seems to have gotten better

Warrior I like charging around and spell reflecting. nothing more except my irl body is big and strong so it felt like being me lol. kinda fun not to need much prep before running in

Rogue I love stealth, I didn't like the slow speed of it though. Also combo points mechanics are clunky you loose every combo point when the enemy dies or let you do slice and dice/recup if body doesn't get destroyed

Warlock I liked to pvp on it, got full cataclysmic gear with my girlfriend holy pal in 2's and she is not much of a gamer but we were around 1650. I can't stand the pets, control feels unresponsive, need so much more keybinds. the new change are nice but its just some flashy stuff. The rotation in pve kept me on my toes for a while was fun (affliction/destro) and demo now

Shaman I hate totems. Everything else is fine nothing special really, ghost wolf indoor is a god send (I hate 100% run speed) give me sprints!

DKs: I had fun with dual wield frost then it disappeared and I went :( then it came back but it was weird. I hate the pet, I hate the ''death aspect of the class'' switch unholy with Fire or lightning spec then change the name to rune knight or mage knight and I'm in

Hunter: pet is annoying, the dead range was annoying, the number of keybind was annoying. it recently got better but it still so simple! rotation wise.

paladin: Ret, holy and prot were so simple it was disgusting. roll you face on keyboard, spam holy light or 696 rotation -_- . its getting better but ret feels like a rogue without stealth

Mage: the first toon i got past 50. was fun to see big numbers I got bored being destroyed in pvp but I was noob. I came back to it and have fun in pvp. I raided with it as an alt in wotlk for about 2-3 week and got bored out of the arcane blast spam rotation.

Monk: really not interested in a rogue without stealth... at least their chi is stuck to them not their corpse. I think they look stupid its a big turn down.

Druid: Feral is like a super bad rogue (couldn't handle it so many keybinds too wtf) Balance is a ugly chicken with super slow boring cast times and guardian was like warrior (I tanked alot on the way to 85). I like resto healing but much like the priest except much worst I can't quest on it. at lv 80 I had resto pve / resto pvp dual spec...

•With a friend or alone?

My cousin and my girlfriend. he's a pvp dps mage/paladin.
my girlfriend is an altaholic like me, she likes shadow priest but complained she couldn't play them (wotlk/cata) i feel it might change with the new nice change and she's give it a go she was also a good holy paly)

What's your friend going to be leveling?

cousin is lv capped (well one 90 mage and 85 pal for now) she is leveling priest but we did a warrior me and her paladin until 70. I got kinda bored.

•Are you leveling via PvE or PvP?

I do a bit of everything I got most boa's for most class/spec

Chain-running dungeons?

try to do them once for the quests

•Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)?

I want to do both

•Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character?

single

•Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!).

we are rerolling alliance, I prefer some genders depending on race: gnome male only, night elf female only, dwarf male only, draenei female only. Can't stand worgen or panda they both look stupid imo specially in gear and I love to transmog my gear to something I like, specially my ladies. exemple Miah on shattered hand (my war)

•Heals/tank/DPS?
did it all can do all. I like to protect friends or to save a wipe with super healz or to cap the dps meter lol
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?
I like both they have advantage and disadvantages. melee feel like your in it more, range has a safe feeling that is comforting at times but to be honest I'm a man of action so I'd say melee's prolly more my game. I'm also kind of impatient which is what makes me like charge.
•Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc)
I LOVE Stealth there's something about it. Sometimes I'm kind of a curious stalker but I also love charge because I'm impatient and like things to go fast.

•Hybrid or pure? Does it matter?
Not at all but I want to play only one toon. often I feel like i don't know what to do being pure removes the choice and complication though!

•Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter?
only pet I don't mind so much is the mage's water ele because its ranged and not as stupid.

•Throw in any extra details here:
I know there's a part of me that needs to settle down. its part of the grass is always greener on the other side. sometimes I tell myself I don't want to play X class cause everyone is playing it and i'd rather be more unique. I often end up wanting to play classes that got nerfed badly then get annoyed cause blizz !@#$ed them up but when they get fixed in a future patch I don't go back.

TY for your time sorry for the wall of text.
FYI Aquamia is my first 85 ALLIANCE toon and is indeed on my cousin's server. its why we are leveling over there so that I can play with my cousin.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The totem mechanic is different for shamans now. Totems aren't something you drop at the beginning of a fight and then forget about them till you need to refresh them. They've all been turned into situation-specific cooldowns.

Enhance has a really complicated rotation in combat, so you might like that. Give it another shot, you might like it now.

As for Warlocks, Demonology is the one that really focuses on pets. The other two the pet is just around and not too tough to manage. Locks have a rep for being complicated too - though they've been simplified in this expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
The totem mechanic is different for shamans now. Totems aren't something you drop at the beginning of a fight and then forget about them till you need to refresh them. They've all been turned into situation-specific cooldowns.

Enhance has a really complicated rotation in combat, so you might like that. Give it another shot, you might like it now.

As for Warlocks, Demonology is the one that really focuses on pets. The other two the pet is just around and not too tough to manage. Locks have a rep for being complicated too - though they've been simplified in this expansion.

Enhance rotation is smash your keyboard with whatever is up, didn't feel complicated the worst part is to get searing totem to actually work. which always got messed up. sometimes it gets insta gibbed (specially pvp) or stacks to empower lava lash don't appear (prolly not attacking).

Warlock I got bored for 2 reasons, no pet you do 80% dmg of any other class. almost no weapon transmog I like weapons I usually collect them but sword and daggers are best. axe are cool too, I hate staves and maces always did. besides burning amber is a crappy mechanic for a spec that was simple but enjoying (prolly due to big hits). the new malefic grasp feels like I'm throwing wet noodles to damage you. Also all the warlocks big nukes seems gone and when casting i like big nuke its why I thought shaman might have done it but totems are so annoying. like when you get down a capacitator and set up 5 sec to hit at the end of your hexbut it misses because it has a overwhelming range of 3 yards -_-
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I suppose. Better than Ret Paladin though, right?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Aquamia, one observation.

You don't seem like a newbie to me. Your questions aren't really beginner questions. And you've apparently got some pretty strong opinions about all of the classes already.

Why are you here asking us what to play? If you're just plain bored with the game, I'm not in a position to judge why you are, and give you advice. That's something you have to work out on your own. Maybe even by taking a break from WoW or moving on to something else. Who knows? I certainly don't.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I'm not bored with the fact is I love every moment of it. its just my brain focus switching around all the time from toon to toon. I am good with all the classes and understand them all, back in wotlk ret pal was so simple I had figured out my stat priority before even reading some ret guide.

I like the researching aspect of the game. learning new things. its probably my problem.

I always wanted a main but my brain just won't let me, there's so much to do. I always gravitate around warrior, rogue, warlock, mage, priest more than the others. 5 class is still like half of them.

I should probably just force myself into one until my brain only thinks about it.

(and yes ret paladin < enh shaman in term of gameplay but they both have frustrating issues)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
There's nothing wrong with bouncing between characters as your mood changes. There are many players who are altoholics (addicted to making & leveling alts) in this game. If that method of play suits you, go for it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Aquania, I'm an altoholic too. And I see no real reason to change that at the moment.

This character is technically my "main" - but she sat dormant for months at a time while I messed around with a Goblin Rogue, a Worgen Druid, a Paladin, another Shaman (Elemental), another Druid, a couple Mages that I messed with and eventually deleted, a Hunter I got tired of, a Warrior, a couple Discipline Priests, one of whom became a Shadow Priest and is currently questing in Outland.

The only reason Rhymetha hit level 85 is because my IRL friend and guildmate practically dragged me there kicking and screaming because she wanted to run Dragon Soul content with me. Otherwise she'd probably still be sitting in Hyjal, if it were left up to me.

Really, running LFR and heroics with my friend was really the only reason I level-capped I think. Otherwise, I would have been messing around with my Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman, or my Goblin Rogue (my three big projects right now). Once I reactivate my account (I've been taking a break), I'm thinking of starting up a Warlock.

I know - hopeless, right?

But that's how I roll in this game, and I'm having fun with it. So who cares?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]