Void tendrils or psyfiend pvp (shadow)?!

66 Night Elf Druid
So I went w void tendrils and I figured I'd stick w it bcz of the shorter cd but then I thought about the potential to use psyfiend on ranged opponents as well. Has any1 been getting hammered by a mage/hunter and dropped a psyfiend to see it change the course of battle or even work at all or are both psy and void only for melee.. Thx!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've used the Psyfiend to help control locations on the map. In arena you can drop it near boxes or behind them so that teams can't freely hide there. Though it only lasts for 10 seconds so gotta be fast on capitalizing on positioning problems other teams run into. As for Void Tendrils I still prefer them due to the lower cooldown as you said and the ability to combine them with fear to keep a person in a position. Granted its 2 cooldowns for 1 effect I see more options with the Void Tendrils than I do with Psyfiend.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Druid
My main thought/question is that vt has zero effect on casters, IF psyfiend is effective against casters to me there's no question about what to choose. If I'm against a Mage and drop psy next to him and he's feared for even 5seconds that makes it superior imo, but idk if it works against casters or just melee,.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Druid
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Void Tendrils are good for locking casters into bad positions in the open when healers are out of LoS. There are plenty of times where you can land them on a DPS that wants to get out of LoS and now they are stuck in place for you to finish them off. It also allows you to kite DKs/Wars/Rogues much better than Psyfiend.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
MC all the way, Void Tendrils have amazing uses for reducing enemy team mobility. Psyfiend is pretty lacklustre outside of BGs, solo questing or world PvP; it DR's Psychic scream, only fears targets that are currently attacking the Priest (meaning it isn't much use for peels) and won't fear if you are attacked by a target after you pop it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Psyfiend.

Also...what?
09/27/2012 02:24 AMPosted by Karrakis
and won't fear if you are attacked by a target after you pop it.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Priest
Psyfiend is great for pvp. Void tendrils for pve. Mind control is pretty lame imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/27/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Guinthel
MC all the way, Void Tendrils have amazing uses for reducing enemy team mobility. Psyfiend is pretty lacklustre outside of BGs, solo questing or world PvP; it DR's Psychic scream, only fears targets that are currently attacking the Priest (meaning it isn't much use for peels) and won't fear if you are attacked by a target after you pop it.

Couldn't disagree more. Psyfiend is one of the best peeling tools in the game right now, even with DR's it is solely able lock down 2 targets at once for a few seconds, leaving smokebombed or deepfreezed healers without peels. You can toss it around LOS to cc dps/healers without giving up LOS. It DOES fear targets that are NOT currently attacking the priest (I don't know why people keep saying it won't, when if you do a few wargames it obviously does...).

Don't be fooled by no-nothing mage here, psyfiend is a fantastic talent, much more reliable than the situational MC or the flimsy roots that get broken instantly.

My Roots don't get broken instantly. I've kited DKs/Wars/Rogues with them. Combine that with normal Fear+Fade+Mind Flay and most melee can't get to you with Tendrils. Also prevents those people who want to LoS from getting away since they have to kill the Tendrils. I'm absolutely loving Tendrils even more after getting more use out of them than Psyfiend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]