I'm sorry but windwalker pvp is horrid

90 Human Monk
We die faster than rogues & equally as fast as mages...please

Am I the only one feeling this?
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Hunter
Well i'm not sure about the higher levels but at my current level (17) its pretty hard especially since i have no heals
Edited by Taggo on 9/26/2012 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
61 Human Monk
1) not 90
2) no PvP Resistance
3) see 1&2
4) Other classes in BG's 85-89 have PvP Resistance and Damage
5) did I mention 1&2?

Get to 90, get some gear then be the judge of what you can and cant do in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We had a leveling group of 4 monks, 1 BrM, 2 WW, and a MW. It took us 5 minutes to kill 1 ret pally. WW PvP burst damage is a joke and our main defenses involves stuns which quickly ramps up DR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
09/26/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Mistfit
We had a leveling group of 4 monks, 1 BrM, 2 WW, and a MW. It took us 5 minutes to kill 1 ret pally. WW PvP burst damage is a joke and our main defenses involves stuns which quickly ramps up DR.

Pretty much this, I know brewmasters have some burst in them, mistweavers are pretty powerful if done right. But windwalkers are such a joke in pvp. In PvE we're pretty decent
Reply Quote
58 Pandaren Monk
For blizzard to fix this your criticism needs to be more constructive. He's not 90 but I seen YouTube vids on monks they don't seem to be in a good spot seeing how a warrior owned a wind walker monk. I last time I checked warrior is a easy class to beat unless it's being played well. Think we all seen that one warrior in a bg or arena. The monk I seen was squashed like a bug but maybe we should get to 90 before we start making assumptions.
Reply Quote
58 Pandaren Monk
Winder walker monk isn't in a good spot wind Weaver looked good
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
I quit my monk already. I get raped in pvp as dps monk
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
1) not 90
2) no PvP Resistance
3) see 1&2
4) Other classes in BG's 85-89 have PvP Resistance and Damage
5) did I mention 1&2?

Get to 90, get some gear then be the judge of what you can and cant do in PvP.

u obviously didn't pay attention to any beta pvp. its been known that windwalkers were pretty terrible in pvp aside from the occasional rising sun kick. any class can easily beat them. so sorry but your little see 1 and 2 doesn't work. at 90 ww's get wrecked
Reply Quote
58 Pandaren Monk
Yea I watched those vids a lot of kiddies are gonna be passed at 90 lmao but I don't care I'm mistweaver they aren't to bad in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
WWs were reported as being quite weak in organized PvP. Blizzard pretty much shut down any WW feedback and told all the main WW posters that the problem with S5 DK's was caused by them actually listening to feedback so WWs were ignored because they didn't want to create the same situation. Our only hope is to bide time until 5.1 that is supposed to come pretty soon.
Reply Quote
58 Pandaren Monk
I think some people just came to monk expecting it to be OP like dk glad it's not op all the kiddies can stay on dks instead
Reply Quote
46 Human Priest
How do they release a weak new class, yet buff mages. Just amazing Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/26/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Felfizz
I quit my monk already. I get raped in pvp as dps monk

Which is why Blizzards stance of only balancing classes around level-cap is stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/26/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Àlias
How do they release a weak new class, yet buff mages. Just amazing Blizzard.

If speced shadow, the class you are posting from is currently the top dog of PvP so I wouldn't complain.
Reply Quote
I feel that monks should at least have some balancing, I mean I completely understand not wanting them OP but seriously?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I dominated every class except hunters in bgs 85-89... I'm good though.

I'm 90 now, haven't tried it yet. Our damage needs some work though and we are kinda balanced around the pvp set bonus for rolls.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this o.o

I know I'm not 90 and don't have PVP gear blah blah blah but my other classes (Hunter, Mage, Shaman, Paladin) all handle themselves just fine without PVP gear.

My issues with WW is that I have no self heals that are worth casting. The orb destroys my dps output for a minor self heal (10k on a 140k health pool) and a 15 second CD that heals for not much more than the orb. The 25 second CD stun/damage ability seems to miss a lot, like you use it, they become stunned but are out of range of the actual damage because they jumped or something.

Another issue is actually getting on target. Roll and the flying kick are really really hard to use to try and get to your target. Great for running away though! :l Maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet but they just seem unwieldy compared to other classes gap closing mechanics. I had a boomkin just straight up run away from me while I couldn't do anything to him because of the faerie fire slow + his root breaking shapeshifting + his 15% movement speed that I don't have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
09/27/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Teryaki
It would probably be better to just lower the CD on FSK and make it to where it just flys at a target instead.

I would like if it were a charge if you were targeting someone, with the root you mentioned, and how it is now if you aren't, which would add the slow. That would help a lot.

15% movement speed is a necessity for melee classes and needs to be added to monks. Without it I feel very slow.. and getting outrun by a boomkin is highly depressing.

09/27/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Teryaki
Monks lack a spell power conversion talent.

I did not know that o.o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]