Raid on Tuesday... what spec will you be?

100 Human Rogue
Tuesday is right around the corner so I ask my fellow rogues what spec will you be walking into vaults with? I will most likely be going in as combat since it seems like it will be favorable on the first boss. As for OS I'm still up in the air. I am leaning towards sub because the reforges will be very similar (if not identical). Lets hear it!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
raiding isnt fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I feel like Combat is going to wreck just about everything with the Shadow Blades CD now. If not though, Assassination pulls excellent DPS.
Edited by Buguba on 9/27/2012 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Sub but I'll prolly offspec combat cause of BF. Seriously something needs to be done about that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Don't really like changes to assassination, right now i'm leaning towards subtlety or combat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Unless LFR comes out at same time I won't be.

Anywho, I'd do Combat if I was.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Sub but I'll prolly offspec combat cause of BF. Seriously something needs to be done about that.

What can really be done? Giving the other 2 specs a cleave would be beyond OP. Shadow dance cleave? My god.

My problem is coming from BiS gear I'm currently hating the way all the specs play with the extreme lack of haste. They all feel so slow. I guess I forgot about this stage of gearing last expansion =P. Early testing through heroics (and keep in mind this is very anecdotal and coming from an extremely small sample size) feels like combat is a little bit ahead of assas but they are competitive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/28/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
Early testing through heroics (and keep in mind this is very anecdotal and coming from an extremely small sample size) feels like combat is a little bit ahead of assas but they are competitive.

Don't even go there dude, dungeons are so different from raids, what with having different buffs from one group to another and not needing sustained damage.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
09/28/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
What can really be done? Giving the other 2 specs a cleave would be beyond OP. Shadow dance cleave? My god.

Making it just auto attacks and poisons?

They don't need the same type of cleave, just some form of it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Combat/Sub.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
I can't decide! I want to do all three?!?! Maybe Sub. Depends on the encounters I suppose... which I need to look into.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
09/28/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Haileaus
Don't even go there dude, dungeons are so different from raids, what with having different buffs from one group to another and not needing sustained damage.

As I said, very anecdotal.

Making it just auto attacks and poisons?

They don't need the same type of cleave, just some form of it.

In that case combat also needs a better wide scale AoE. That would probably work for mut/sub though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I can't decide! I want to do all three?!?! Maybe Sub. Depends on the encounters I suppose... which I need to look into.

Well I can tell you stone guards (first boss in vaults) is cleave city.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
I am leaning towards sub because the reforges will be very similar (if not identical)

I had thought stat priority for sub had changed and is currently more in line with sin? Mastery being the top stat due to finishers. Or was that not meant to carry over from 85-90?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
09/28/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Aedrik
I had thought stat priority for sub had changed and is currently more in line with sin? Mastery being the top stat due to finishers. Or was that not meant to carry over from 85-90?

PvE wise mastery replaced crit for sub but haste stayed on top of both of them. Not sure how true that is at 90.
Edited by Ninjablaze on 9/28/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/28/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Aedrik
I am leaning towards sub because the reforges will be very similar (if not identical)

Lol man does your panda rogue look scary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]