HD 5870 Graphics Stutter, please help me....

85 Draenei Shaman
So wait, you have finally got it to work?

My game is the opposite. If I put it on Recommended it cranks my shadows up, tanking my fps lol
Edited by Evo on 9/28/2012 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/28/2012 12:42 AMPosted by Evo

As far as I can tell, yes. With VS on, so far the stutter has disappeared entirely, or is at least like 95%+ less than before.

I'm just checking cautiously as I play, to see if this indeed was a real solution, or just a temporary fix that eventually falls apart and goes back to the glitch again.

Also, I'm still patiently waiting on Blizzard to announce a major update or fix to 5.0.4, which I have a funny feeling we're going to be seeing very soon, or something just like it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

My game is the opposite. If I put it on Recommended it cranks my shadows up, tanking my fps lol

Oh man, see yeah, this is why Blizzard needs to just fix their d**n Update once and for all.

They can't have players bouncing all over the place like we are, it's ridiculous.

One player fixes their problems by turning their settings DOWN, another player fixes them by turning their settings UP.....others fix their problem by just randomly setting things to whatever value and praying for the best....blind luck.

Not exactly the way I would want to have my customers spending their time, when they are supposed to be enjoying playing, and enjoying and experiencing all the wonderful new features of an "upgraded graphics" and game engine LOL.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
My biggest hits are Shadows, SSAO and View Distance. We are talking nearly 20+fps hit

If I drop them to High, Low and High (1 down from recommended) my FPS in the new zones with 4xAA is 70+ on average
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
You know what I just realized? After I did that DirectX optional update from that other thread I am getting a small micro stutter every 5 seconds or so. Barely noticable
Edited by Evo on 9/28/2012 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/28/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Evo
You know what I just realized? After I did that DirectX optional update from that other thread I am getting a small micro stutter every 5 seconds or so. Barely noticable

Hmmm, interesting. Are you currently at DX 9 or DX 11? A lot of people are reporting that reverting back to DX 9 is helping resolve certain issues. I guess a lot of cards out there don't support DX 11, but only can support DX 9 and DX 10.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I have to run DX11 with my 6950. I drop to 30ish fps if I run DX9
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Oh..very very interesting..I uninstalled the updated and the game is freaking out lol

**false alarm

I have identified the source of the stutter to be when I have Max Foreground FPS turned off or Maxed. It only occurs in fullscreen mode

It only occurs when Reduce input lag is disabled when Max foreground fps is disabled

Confimed. Microstutter disappears when Reduce Input Lag is Enabled.
Edited by Evo on 9/28/2012 1:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I went ahead and switched to DirectX 9. Performed the same test.

With Reduce Input ENABLED. My fps dropped about 20fps (the source of my fps loss in DX9)
With it off AND Max Foreground off. My fps is High BUT my stutter is every second, probably similar to what you were experiencing
Edited by Evo on 9/28/2012 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I went ahead and switched to DirectX 9. Performed the same test.

With Reduce Input ENABLED. My fps dropped about 20fps (the source of my fps loss in DX9)
With it off AND Max Foreground off. My fps is High BUT my stutter is every second, probably similar to what you were experiencing

That is exactly what I was experiencing, high FPS but with a constant stutter. Frustrating as all he**.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
So what it comes down to is. Enable DirectX 11. Enable Reduce Input Lag. Enable Max Foreground FPS(max it). Stutter free. I put the game on Ultra then dropped Shadows, SSAO, View Distance down 1 notch

I never experienced the white dots though from AA. That one seems limited to 5xxx series cards
Edited by Evo on 9/28/2012 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Goblin Mage
I give up i tried everything and installed the 12.9 cap1 to fix the MoP and change the setting uninstall reinstall those drivers. Every i go into combat my gfx would stutter throughout the battle. I was running instance before MoP on ultra with not problem. Try directX9 and 11 lower all my setting to low didn't do it i think is WOW or ATI so i going let them fix this BS and i paid 39.99 for this game to be just sitting there so i am going back to D3 until they fix it. BTW D3 run in ultra with no issue. I just don't get it lol
Reply Quote
80 Orc Mage
09/28/2012 04:15 AMPosted by Bishwaitfoit
I give up i tried everything and installed the 12.9 cap1 to fix the MoP and change the setting uninstall reinstall those drivers. Every i go into combat my gfx would stutter throughout the battle. I was running instance before MoP on ultra with not problem. Try directX9 and 11 lower all my setting to low didn't do it i think is WOW or ATI so i going let them fix this BS and i paid 39.99 for this game to be just sitting there so i am going back to D3 until they fix it. BTW D3 run in ultra with no issue. I just don't get it lol

I am going to ask an obvious question. Did you delete ALL your add-ons and get all the newest versions?
Edited by Yousel on 9/28/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have a HD 5670

Should I install this CAP? It says Xfire and Enduro....so Im guess NO...and to only get the 12.9
Reply Quote
56 Goblin Mage
I turn all my !@#$ to low and disable all the add-on. I ran instance the same night that MoP was going be release with no problem but the next morning i log on. This bs start happening. So i don't know is it my GFX card 6950 or is WoW.
Edited by Bishwaitfoit on 9/28/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Goblin Mage
I did 12.8 and 12.9 cap. It didn't work. I deleted everything and installed the 12.9 beta and the 12.9 cap. Still having problems.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Bumping for anyone new who wants to read my troubleshooting information and see if it helps them at all......
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/28/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Fori
Wow thanks! I just enabled vertical sync (was already disabled) and it fixed it!

FANTASTIC!!!

Glad I could help!!!

Just putting this up here again so players can see it.

Myself, and Felindria were both able to fix the graphics stutter we we were having by Enabling Vertical Sync and capping our FPS at 60. It might work for some of you as well, worth a shot.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Bump.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]