S Priest vs. Warlock - Rolling new PvP

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm just coming back to WoW, and I'm thinking of re-rolling. I've been playing this DK from the beginning of Wrath, so I'm thinking a caster might be fun. I heard that both S Priests and Locks got a big buff. Which one is better for BG PvP? Would it be better to stick DK? I haven't really paid attention to WoW in about a year, so I really don't know. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
All depends what you want to do?

Arena PvP as DPS go with the Warlock; chain cc, constant damage pressure, crazy self healing

1v1 duel Warlock everytime

RBG Shadow Priest slightly better than locks imo easier to Mulitdot and you will never run out of mana

BG's It does not matter they both do well

I have not played srious PvP in a long long long time so don't take my word for it that is just how I see it.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Druid
I have an spriest and affliction lock and it's not even close imo. Spriest allllll the way. Especially after 5.0.... They have WAY more burst, better survivability, better talent choices IMO, and locks rely on dots 100%, spriests have great burst w/o dots and with them they keep constant pressure
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Priest
I am having a BLAST as shadow priest right now. Also, who doesn't want shadowform? It looks so cool. Also with a minor glyph you can even make your companions use shadowform lol.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Warlock
I think it may be to early to tell. Both have been good pvp choices in the past, with warlocks being a safer overall choice with a competent healer.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Priest
Good thing about priest too is if shadow isn't viable later on you can go healer spec instead.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Warlock. No way Blizzard leaves Shadow Priests alone through the entire expansion and as a lock, you will ALWAYS have a DPS spec that is viable in arena.

A couple tweaks by Blizzard, you might be stuck with a healer if you roll a priest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]