holding auditions for new warchief

90 Night Elf Death Knight
so... Garrosh went nutzo, who's gonna replace him?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Baine.

The orcs will get a 'Grand Chieftain' who represents the Orcish race on the new Horde council.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I nominate Magni's crystal beard.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Vol'jin will be the new warchief. Nazgrim will be the new orc racial leader.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking Vol'jin or Baine are the most ideal candidates. Both are likely to be leaders in the rebellion and between Tides of War and the upcoming Vol'jin novel both characters will have plenty of character development. Vol'jin has the added benefit of being the first one to call out Garrosh on his shenanigans long before Baine had the guts to do it or Thrall realized the mistake he made in appointing Garrosh.

There is the thematic problem of having the Horde lead by a non-Orc, but the problem is without someone else getting a huge amount of character development, Thrall is really the only Orc who is a serious contender for the position of Warchief.

Saurfang has the right personality, but we haven't heard a peep from him since the Shattering novel. Nazgrim has been rising in the ranks of the Horde, but we don't know where he'll fall in the civil war and has yet to be mentioned outside of the game (you'd think Christie Golden would of at least name-dropped him in Tides of War if he was going to be that big of a deal). Eitrigg has never been portrayed as anything other then an adviser, and is probably too old to really be a Warchief.

Other candidates tend to be characters of only local significance, even if they do have an important title.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Eitrigg's Son.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thrall: The Once and Future Warchief.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Vol'jin.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I thought Blizzard already said Thrall was coming back. I would love for that to not be true but I swear I read that in a blue post somewhere.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
09/25/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Forddon
I thought Blizzard already said Thrall was coming back. I would love for that to not be true but I swear I read that in a blue post somewhere.

They did but then one Blizzard employee kind of redacted Metzen's statement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Suprise! Lor'themar becomes warchief!

JK

Warlord Zaela maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Kroxxigar! He's a great guy.

What?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/25/2012 04:13 AMPosted by Tevinter

They did but then one Blizzard employee kind of redacted Metzen's statement.

Thanks, must have missed that. In that case either Baine or Vol'jin would be great!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Am I the only one who believes that despite her being insane that Sylvanas would be a good leader? I mean think about her background. She was a freaking ranger general for thousands of years in charge of a nation that survived countless attacks by trolls. Plus despite how in the future the Undercity was supposed to burn to the ground, she's prevented that and if anything is causing Gilneas to burn to the ground instead.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
She wouldn't have any interest in leading the Horde, though. It's purely an alliance of convenience; all she really cares about are the Forsaken.
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Paladin
JANIA FOR WARCHIEF!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/26/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Vegdrasil
She wouldn't have any interest in leading the Horde, though. It's purely an alliance of convenience; all she really cares about are the Forsaken.
Still a hell of a lot better than Garrosh who only cares about the Alliance's destruction. And besides if anything, she would need to be fair with the other races so that the Forsaken don't get killed off or bullied because of her actions. Also if anything she needs the other Horde races alive so that the Forsaken can live. The Horde wouldn't survive with the Forsaken by itself. The Alliance would kill them off easily if not for them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Anduin.

Stockholm Syndrome.

And he'll be wearing that monster suit like the kid from the children's book, "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak
Reply Quote
My best bet would be Vol'jin, or for the 'warchief must be an Orc' group, Varok Saurfang.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]