Mote of Harmony bug?

I've been farming mobs in The Jade Forest for over 6 hours now and have all of 16 Motes of Harmony to show for it. Is there any way the drop rate is bugged (e.g., drop rate is supposed to be 10% but the decimal got moved and it's in actuality 1%?

I really hope this is bugged, because at this rate it will take me 7 1/2 hours just to make ONE blue item for blacksmithing, which certainly is not intended.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I've been going for 6 hours - I have none. I have lots of other stuff, but 0 motes of harmony.

I suggest you are doing just fine :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's intended. People complained about it in beta. Welcome to stretching subscription fees.
Reply Quote
ok i guess i forgot i created one spirit of harmony already, so that's 26 in 6 hours, or 1 every 14 min or so. So not horrible, but still seems low.
Reply Quote
so after several more hours farming, plus talking to guildies and other people, something has to be screwed up. some people are getting a mote every few mobs, and even multiple motes on a single mob. while others, such as myself, get an extremely low drop rate. is it really likely that blizzard intended to have such an extreme difference in results?

Edit: to add to that, it's also common that those who experience high drop rates do so all the time, and conversely those who experience very low drop rates do all the time as well. Something must be wrong.
Edited by Retsteel on 9/25/2012 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
Just curious...

are you killing lots of mobs then AoE looting, or single kill, single loot?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The drop rate from mobs is low yes, however, there is a reliable way to get them at 90.

Once you reach revered with the tillers you'll be getting 12 motes a day from your farm (f you plant the Songbell seeds), and 16 motes at exalted.

I think the intention on the low drop rate is simply to force us to play farmville lol.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
To be fair though, I don't think there's anything that actually *requires* you to use SoH's at all, in the sense that it would stop you from leveling a profession if you didn't have them. Yes getting them is nice, and it helps you make *better* stuff, but that's more of a perk than anything else. I don't think they're supposed to be a "drops all the time so people can use them for everything" resource, especially since they allow you to bypass daily cooldowns. So yeah, low drop rate intended.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
um... engineering needs them to level. I am sitting at 585 with no means to get more points without harmony!
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
09/26/2012 12:42 AMPosted by Ninamori
um... engineering needs them to level. I am sitting at 585 with no means to get more points without harmony!

Thermal Anvils don't turn green until 595. So no, you don't. You *might* need ONE mote for the last five points, but that's it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/26/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Magnarita
To be fair though, I don't think there's anything that actually *requires* you to use SoH's at all, in the sense that it would stop you from leveling a profession if you didn't have them. Yes getting them is nice, and it helps you make *better* stuff, but that's more of a perk than anything else. I don't think they're supposed to be a "drops all the time so people can use them for everything" resource, especially since they allow you to bypass daily cooldowns. So yeah, low drop rate intended.

You absolutely cannot buy any of the max level tailoring recipes without Spirits of Harmony. so yes, they are absolutely required.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
...except if you're buying max level recipes, you've obviously already leveled a profession to cap.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
09/26/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Magnarita
...except if you're buying max level recipes, you've obviously already leveled a profession to cap.

The purpose of a crafting profession is to craft items, not to get it to 600 and then not do anything with it. That SoH aren't required to hit max level doesn't make the drop rate irrelevant when it comes to obtaining patterns and making items a person may wish to use.

I only have about 6 motes from several hours of play.

Just curious...

I'm killing mobs one or two at a time and then looting when I have a pile of bodies.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman

That SoH aren't required to hit max level doesn't make the drop rate irrelevant when it comes to obtaining patterns and making items a person may wish to use.

I never actually said it did. But given my original comment was about *leveling,* and how you *do not* need motes for that, turning around and replying about how you NEED them to buy max level recipes, most of which are for lvl 90 characters is a whole other conversation.

Frankly, even with a low drop rate, given that most people are still leveling, you have plenty of time to farm them up. Between questing, dungeons and literally farming them, you should have enough to craft gear by the time it's actually needed.
Reply Quote
Just curious...

my first couple posts i was looting a couple mobs at a time. the last post came after spending a couple hours farming them in valley of the four winds where those tiny groups of imp things roam around. my guildie farmed there and 17 spirits worth in a few hours, i got 5...motes...

09/26/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Magnarita

that being said, this does make sense, especially given how plentiful the ghost iron ore is. i guess i'll just be content for now and see how it plays out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/26/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Magnarita

Well, I will eventually get to level 600 Tailoring. The thing is, all of my recipes have been green for 20ish levels now EXCEPT the one that takes Spirits of Harmony. Which...I'm not getting enough of. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
lol I'm on like 14 or so and have killed mobs from start zone all the way over, rare 90s even and still not many and that's since launch. in fact I've gotten more gold lotuses then I have motes :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]