Why Nerf Destro When Not OP To Begin With?

85 Orc Hunter
Ember building now takes 2-3 times longer. Before 3.5 ish Incinerates gave me one ember. Now I can prove it with video that it's taking me 8 or so. I think it's completely bogus because the biggest weakness/issue for Destro to begin with is that unless you wind up those embers... you won't do much. They made us so dependent on embers for most of our good things and lowered the generation rate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What? Nothing's changed...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
It never took 3.5 incinerates to generate one ember. An incinerate crit generates (and has always generated, at least on live) 2/10 of an ember. Nothing was changed.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Trust me... the ember building is slower now and every single lock in my guild has commented on this. Maybe the difference is being exaggerated by me.... but it exists.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
Usually after 3-4 incinerates, can cast conflag again. But it is usually 6-8 incinerates before 1 ember is available. I've experienced that since patch day of the new system.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Ya, nothings changed in pacing since 5.0 went live. Incinerate generates 1 spark (1 tenth of an ember) per cast, plus an additional spark if it crits. Immolate generates 1 spark per crit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Wow people are stupid it wasn't lowered at all... I can generate a ember in 4 to 6 seconds seconds with out using dark soul.
Edited by Stijin on 9/26/2012 6:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Ember generation isn't slower; your friends simply leveled up. We've been saying for months now that Destro was fine at 85 and awful at 90. Not exactly news.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
If their level has changed, then their stat weighting has changed. Less stats at higher levels and so less crit. Which means less embers.

If their level hasnt changed then they are just getting bad RNG. Which can happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]