Considering a race change to a pandaren...

90 Gnome Warrior
More specifically, a female pandaren. I'd like to ask you guys for some input.

1) Has anyone tried out a pandaren warrior? How does it feel overall in terms of looks and animations? This is honestly the most important thing for me, since it has a huge impact on what I find "fun". I didn't give a squat about racials when I rolled a gnome warrior, and my stance hasn't changed. That being said...

2) Do you think the pandaren racials can be useful for a warrior? I've kind of grown accustomed to having that extra root break in PvP, though PvE is a whole 'nother story. The 4 second incapacitate seems interesting, but with the way we spread deep wounds, wouldn't it just break instantly outside of using it on a focus target?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
They have great animations for everything.

And the incapcitate will be useful on off targets IE focus targets.

Also they have the best pve racial in the game
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
yes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Do it, less gnomes the better. Oh wait, but what will the Undeads eat then?
Reply Quote
83 Pandaren Warrior
They have great animations for everything.

And the incapcitate will be useful on off targets IE focus targets.

Also they have the best pve racial in the game

That, and sadly, more specifically, they have the BEST animations of all other races.

Intricate movements, very cool and stylish.

At the barber, you can change between two general pandaren skins, which is great for variety, if it strikes you (long tail, stub tail).

The passive racial is useful for a warrior between fights, less fall damage, better chance of seeing your way through an encounter or skirmish.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just look and me and try to stop your money flying out of your wallet to pay for a race change.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
No.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

1) Has anyone tried out a pandaren warrior? How does it feel overall in terms of looks and animations? This is honestly the most important thing for me, since it has a huge impact on what I find "fun". I didn't give a squat about racials when I rolled a gnome warrior, and my stance hasn't changed. That being said...

2) Do you think the pandaren racials can be useful for a warrior? I've kind of grown accustomed to having that extra root break in PvP, though PvE is a whole 'nother story. The 4 second incapacitate seems interesting, but with the way we spread deep wounds, wouldn't it just break instantly outside of using it on a focus target?

As I've been leveling this Warrior.. I can tell you a few things! :]

Panda (Female) animations are absolutely flawless and gorgeous.. It's SO fluid, and Fem-Panads wear Plate Mail VERY well. It looks extremely good on them.

Panda's racials on the other hand.. They're good for both PVE and PVP. PVP = Incapacitate. It has its uses, but IMO is not as good as the Human's PVP racial. However! Epicurean makes up for this!! Double the food buff for "Well Fed" Effects.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah we're pretty much the greatest race ever.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Can i Chang my escrito humano TO pandorian pay $25 dollard
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
09/26/2012 03:52 AMPosted by Lowmaine
Yeah we're pretty much the greatest race ever.

Haven't seen the female animations, but my animations are quite wonderful.
Edited by Bob on 9/26/2012 6:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

As I've been leveling this Warrior.. I can tell you a few things! :]

Panda (Female) animations are absolutely flawless and gorgeous.. It's SO fluid, and Fem-Panads wear Plate Mail VERY well. It looks extremely good on them.

Panda's racials on the other hand.. They're good for both PVE and PVP. PVP = Incapacitate. It has its uses, but IMO is not as good as the Human's PVP racial. However! Epicurean makes up for this!! Double the food buff for "Well Fed" Effects.

Oh yeah, the animations are awesome. I made a fempanda mage, and I LOVE the animation.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Animations: Awesome
Incapacitate Racial: %&%$#@& Awesome
Beards: Speak for themselves
TLDR: Roll a Panda Now
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Panda is pretty awesome I gotta admit. I race changed on Beta to check them out and really like the big ole goofball. So I instantly changed on live. Some armor looks pretty bad but some looks really awesome, much better than the huge helmet stretch of the Worgen.

Animations and the general "character" of the race is awesome. The old races are really showing their age. I love the sword and board animation and the 2h animation is great.

Have not really put the Incapacitate to the test yet, not really a factor for me.

The rest bonus is noticeable. Will be nice while leveling.

If you want to test out the armors, wowhead has had the panda models in their viewer for a while. take a look. Males, despite the size actually have sorta scaled down shoulders, and helms can look pretty fat. Also quick note, is they are a big race, they squash a lot of Alliance mounts.

The missing Panda racial should have been +5% belt stats because it is a focal point for sure on the male. =P

Overall though I love the big guy already. They have so much character it throws all the negatives out the window. Good luck
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Panda females have good animations for arms and fury. Males are ok for arms but I wasn't a fan of their fury animations.

Most likely changing to a female panda for the food racial sometime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I went fury just because the female panda animation is just so amazing with it. I'm not a PvPer and I don't really care about racials so I won't comment on those, but for over-all look I don't regret spending the $25 at all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
If you care about min/maxing, go panda.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
No, keep the Gnomish warrior tradition alive! Alas, fempandas DO have amazing animations. Just prepare to look like a clone.

09/25/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Kulso
Do it, less gnomes the better. Oh wait, but what will the Undeads eat then?

This coming from a Blood Elf. I'd say, "The Horde called, they want their faction back." But the damage has already been done. Like the crater where Theramore used to stand. Then doing it from the Horde perspective, the Blood elf you talk to is so smug about it.

It makes me want to mortal strike him. Mortal Strike him in the ball bag.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]