Can GTX 570 users expect a hotfix?

Support Forum Agent
Microbrewed

I know that messing with the settings is not the best solution, but it's the only thing that I've seen work at the moment.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
After lowering the clock speed by 50 I haven't had any problems. I'll post again in a day or so; after I've had more time to test.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Microbrewed

I know that messing with the settings is not the best solution, but it's the only thing that I've seen work at the moment.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time

Against my firm belief that I shouldn't have to change any of my graphics drivers or card settings to play a CPU based game, I rolled back my driver....and STILL get frozen screens.

I'm not even going to try playing with lowering my clock speed because, well....frankly, I shouldn't have to. I play SWTOR with every graphic option at ultra and have zero issues. And if I can play a GPU based game on ultra, you can imagine what a CPU based game like WoW is like then. I overbuilt my computer specifically for WoW so I wouldn't have to tune my graphics down ....

My suggestion, since so many people are complaining about this particular issue.....fix it now and don't put it on the back burner.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Rolled back drivers, Same problem. Lowered clock, same problem. I know you guys are pissed. Hell, I am too but at least someone from blizz is finally trying to help us.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
Try this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Please freakin fix this choppy butt game... seriously my gtx 480 shouldn't feel like some 10 yr old piece of junk
Edited by Vikaelz on 9/27/2012 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
If you have a gtx 570 and want to play the game right now and don't care too much about the graphics you can always do this: Change the settings to dx9 and put the settings to low. You can then increase the draw distance and a few other settings to high. I did this and now my FPS are at 120+ and there is no stuttering. I don't really play wow for the graphics anyway so you guys can try this so you can at least play, until MoP gets optimized or NVIDIA releases new drivers.

Hopefully the patch tomorrow morning with fix some of these problems.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
can u be little more specific on a few other settings to high... because i honestly mess with my settings for ever trying to get it to run 60fps constant
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Update for my gtx 480 i reverted back to 301.42 and now game is worse then ever.. 20-25 fps constant no matter if i put settings all the way to low!! so atm im currently reinstalling drivers atm.. just tryin to decide wich ones to load this time... sooo frikkin ridiculous.... sigh
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Ok, I got it working without crashes on my Nvidia 560GTX Ti with the older 301.42 drivers. I also had to downgrade to DX9 with only 2x Anti Aliasing and 4x Ansiotropic. Keep in mind two days ago I was running DX11 with 8x Anti Aliasing and 16x Ansiotropic just fine. While the game doesn't look as good now it doesn't crash and I haven't seen missing textures or tearing. It's nice to be able to enjoy the expansion again and I hope in some future patch or updated Nvidia driver I can move the settings back.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
darble as ive been posting on some other post fps issues i did a complete clean windows install full driver clean and it wasnt until i got to certain windows updates that my game started to majorily suck 20-30 fps ... no matter where i put graphics i suggest doing a system restore before some of windows critical updates see if that helps
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ok i confirm... i just did my sytstem restore until i did some critical updates yesterday and its great.. try this guys hope it helps :-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Posted here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6712953152?page=1 and then I found this page.

If I put the game in DX9 mode the game runs worse. Stutters often, frame rate is between 27-34 fps (vsync was off for this so there's no reason it should be that low). Put it to DX11 and I get a smooth 75fps w/ vsync on, but then the game crashes/recovers around once every 30 minutes.

Had been using older Nvidia drivers and updated to most recent. Then did a rollback and the issue didn't resolve. I will try lowering clock speeds and post my results.
Edited by Arland on 9/28/2012 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The 570 GTX is the worst video card ever released on the gpu market. I would hate to be a owner of one of those.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
single GTX 570 (factory OC'd) - 306.23 driver

I'm also getting the random freezing / crashing to desktop / restored a few seconds later problem. I do not suffer any FPS issues, however... I haven't actually checked my FPS, but haven't needed to since I didn't notice any issues, I guess. My main problem is the freezing up.

I played for about 4 hours yesterday and had it 3 or 4 times I guess, played a couple hours this morning and had it twice. Not very specific, but around once an hour.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Microbrewed

That's fine, roll it back to 340.79 then. It's just the 306.23 version that I've seen issues with.

No, it's not just the 306.23 drivers experiencing issues. My machine was already running 301.42 and STILL getting the 132 error "memory could not be read", or the random "your system is low on memory, please close the program....", or even so far as the OS forcefully closing WoW on it's own.

So far the only thing that seems to have fixed it is setting the game to DX9 mode. Anytime I set it back to DX11 it will crash.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
2 gtx 580's Sli. i7 2600 16 gigs.
I have MoP running at 40 - 60 fps (vsync on) @2560x1600

I had to turn off ssao / reflection and knocked down the aa to about 8 or 4. Mostly running at 60fps now. Drivers are 301.42. Hope this helps others.
Edited by Kurze on 9/28/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
2 gtx 580's Sli. i7 2600 16 gigs.
I have MoP running at 40 - 60 fps (vsync on) @2560x1600

I had to turn off ssao / reflection and knocked down the aa to about 8 or 4. Mostly running at 60fps now. Drivers are 301.42. Hope this helps others.

I have a very similar setup:

i7-2600K @ 4.6GHz
8GB RAM @ 2200MHz
GTX 580 (x2) SLI
Vertex 3 SSD (x2) RAID-0

I am running WoW at my monitor's native resolution (27" @ 1920x1080), and I'm getting really low FPS. I have EVERYTHING maxed out, including SSAO, AA, light shafts, water reflection, everything. I am NOT running V-Sync.

I am averaging 90 FPS in the Pandaria questing zones. I'm running the latest drivers in DX11, 306.23. From the sounds of this thread, I'm doing better for whatever reason than others with similar setups, however, THESE ARE REALLY LOW FPS FOR COMPUTERS OF OUR CALIBER!

I know WoW isn't the most optimized game, but come on, it was updated to support 64-bit a while back, and is basically a bunch of marshmallow people running around with some shadows and sun shafts. I'd expect an FPS drop in a capital city surrounded by hundreds of other players, but I actually get BETTER FPS in Stormwind than I do questing by myself in the middle of nowhere.

</rant>

P.S: It just frustrates me when I can play Crysis 2 and other high-end games with maximum settings and still average over 100 FPS, then I turn on WoW and /facepalm.

Hopefully you guys release a hotfix ASAPular.
Reply Quote
40 Human Priest
I run a GTX 465 and never had the crashing issue, but i did get stuttery FPS in areas i should not have been. Fixing this required putting *some settings to good. I use the asterisk because i am not 100% sure what fixed it, i just put the slider to good and i get 60 FPS vsync everywhere, incliuding my last sha of anger kill (surprised me TBH). I have view distance on ultra because i cant live without it, as well as 4xAA and 8xAAF, and the game runs amazing, like it did in cata.

I wish i had some kind of software to record a video to show you guys how amazing my game runs now, on high and ultra i would get weired stutter like i said, but it magically disappears on good, and i hardly notice and visual quality difference.

If you are in my situation where in some areas of pandaria your frames would drop to 45-55 even when there is no reason for it try the good preset, and manually raising the ones you really need back to ultra or high (view distance for me).
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I am running with a Galaxy GTX 460 and, like many of you using NVidia cards started to have problems after the patch and the near-simultaneous release of driver bundle 306.23. I was having serious issues with everything from overheating to graphical and sound problems, misdrawn frames, and blue screens. However, I am pleased to say that after MUCH wrangling, I have discovered a solution to the problem that I hope will help the many, many people out there as frustrated as I was.

Ok. So....in detail, here was the fix:

-Manually uninstalled the NVidia PhisX drivers in add/remove programs. (This is absolutely necessary because the NVidia installer, even when attempting to perform a "clean" install will not roll back the PhysX drivers)
-Install the 301.42 driver set from the Nvidia site, ensuring to check the "Perform Clean Install" check box.
-Install the 306.23 driver set, making sure to us the 'Custom Install' feature to NOT install the 9.12.0604 PhysX drivers (which seem to be the root cause of the problem)
-Restart the machine.

I have about 4-5 hours of playtime with these settings (I am once again using the DX 11 API) with zero graphical or sound problems. After checking the forums, this is not a WoW specific problem as people have reported problem with a wide variety of games. I myself tested the new driver set with Batman: Arkham Asylum and DC Universe Online, and had issues similar to those I was having with WoW.

Hope this helps!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]