fists of fury worth channeling?

90 Tauren Druid
just wondering if scaling on it changes. im very low level and using heirlooms so it might be a lil wacky atm. but right now, channeling fists of fury is lower dps than my sustained dps from a standard rotation. its much lower than my burst. since you get the full stun regardless of whether you channel it, im thinking ill just make a macro to cast it and then instantly stop channeling. but im curious if it changes with gear and level
Reply Quote
39 Night Elf Monk
I'm level 30 atm. Since the damage is shared between the targets, the more people you're using the ability on the lower the number will be. I still say it's worth using because of the stun it applies. It's actually the strongest single target and also aoe move i have atm. It ticks/crits for 400+. Other attacks only being 200 or so.
Edited by Nopax on 9/26/2012 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mine is currently hitting for 10k every second at 83. It's purdy gud.

I've basically been following this priority:

Rising Sun Kick -> 3x Tiger Palm (keep stacked) -> Fists of Fury on CD -> Jab filler.

Workin out pretty well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
well like i said its lower than my sustained dps on a normal rotation. but now that im doing dungeons, im starting to see that it may have a place when im completely out of energy, have tiger power at 10+ seconds, and have 3 chi. its good damage for the chi, just bad dps. but when you have no energy and dont need to refresh tiger power anytime soon, i think it might be the most efficient way to spend when you have 3 chi.
Reply Quote
With the Parry glyph it's pretty good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I use it all the time. It's awesome in pvp, and awesome for questing as well.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
At endgame with BiS gear, weaving Fists of Fury into your rotation perfectly will net you less than 1% more DPS, so its basically useless unless you want a stun.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
09/26/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Archmagemc
At endgame with BiS gear, weaving Fists of Fury into your rotation perfectly will net you less than 1% more DPS, so its basically useless unless you want a stun.

Forgot the part about missing a tick or two because of having to move (you or the boss) results in an overall loss. Its better to just drop overall once geared. Its more of a risk with no reward. If it didn't stop autoattacks / tiger strikes, it'd be another story.

As haste and mastery increase, the ability will be more and more useless for damage purposes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I agree with the above posters. Because of the long AoE stun I believe the ability was meant to be more of a utility spell than a part of a max DPS rotation. It's great for dungeons because of the AoE stun though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
And yet our 2 piece reduces its cooldown by 5 seconds...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC

Forgot the part about missing a tick or two because of having to move (you or the boss) results in an overall loss. Its better to just drop overall once geared. Its more of a risk with no reward. If it didn't stop autoattacks / tiger strikes, it'd be another story.

As haste and mastery increase, the ability will be more and more useless for damage purposes.

This is inaccurate.

It remains the 2nd best damage per execute time spell in BIS gear at level 90 right behind rising sun kick and plenty higher than BoK. If you're moving and going to break the cast, dont use it; its a waste of chi.

Stop making up things; we don't need people believing garbage information right out of the gates.

09/26/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Ryokohakubi
I agree with the above posters. Because of the long AoE stun I believe the ability was meant to be more of a utility spell than a part of a max DPS rotation. It's great for dungeons because of the AoE stun though.

GC has stated countless times that he wants it to be part of the Single target DPS rotation.
Edited by Advanced on 9/26/2012 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Nopax
I'm level 30 atm. Since the damage is shared between the targets, the more people you're using the ability on the lower the number will be. I still say it's worth using because of the stun it applies. It's actually the strongest single target and also aoe move i have atm. It ticks/crits for 400+. Other attacks only being 200 or so.

I am only 20, but I have found it super useful if I bite off more than I can chew. As stated here, the Stun is why I use it. Even with damage/target, it is "free" damage as most targets cannot retaliate during its duration.
Edited by Zhulin on 9/26/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]