List of superior quality pets

100 Night Elf Hunter
09/28/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Doomscribe
Just a note: if you go into your character's profile on this website and go to the pets section, you will see a list of all the pets, color-coded by rarity, including legacy pets. It sorts your pets by level (well, favourited then level) and can be filtered by rarity. Very useful once you have over 400 pets and are losing track of them in the ingame journal.

I already posted this once in this same thread but The Armory online pet journal shows non-wild pets in the rarity level of the item that teaches it. That's why a Hyacinth Macaw is Epic Purple and a Panther Cub is Common White when they both have rare quality stats.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
so apparently baby blizzard bear is not rare quality as i've just learn
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Mage
Great thread. Bump so I don't keep having to go to page 4 :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
You forgot Spirit of Competition. Mine started out at 161/12/10.
Edited by Kamazhi on 9/30/2012 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Monk
09/27/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Quanqiang
Please fix this so that all rare quality non-capture pets appear blue for Rare instead of white for Common so that we can tell in-game at a glance which pets of ours are actually rares. Thanks.

Agreed.
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Monk
09/28/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Doomscribe
Just a note: if you go into your character's profile on this website and go to the pets section, you will see a list of all the pets, color-coded by rarity, including legacy pets. It sorts your pets by level (well, favourited then level) and can be filtered by rarity. Very useful once you have over 400 pets and are losing track of them in the ingame journal.

It shows 0 pet on my profile. It's very bugged right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
about firefly, armory pet journal counts it as"common"....but it's "rare" on your list..anybody has any idea about it? cuz i'm lvling it and i hope it does worth of time..
Edited by Florencia on 9/30/2012 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Not to demean the efforts of the community in putting this list together, but are you sure this list is completely correct? There are a few inconsistencies here -- I've heard elsewhere on the forums that Baby Blizzard Bear does not in fact have Rare-quality stats.

Also, Darkmoon Balloon is in the list...but as far as I'm aware of, that pet can't even battle.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Not to demean the efforts of the community in putting this list together, but are you sure this list is completely correct? There are a few inconsistencies here -- I've heard elsewhere on the forums that Baby Blizzard Bear does not in fact have Rare-quality stats.

Also, Darkmoon Balloon is in the list...but as far as I'm aware of, that pet can't even battle.

It wasn't the community that even put it together. It's a list from Beta by a blue from Blizzard.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6080522555

I do think some have been changed since this list has been posted though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Noob question: Can anyone explain why my darter hatchling appeared as rare quality in game but as common on the armory? Also, is the worg pup common quality as it appears in game or rare quality as it appears in my armory?
Edited by Shockendecay on 10/1/2012 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

It wasn't the community that even put it together. It's a list from Beta by a blue from Blizzard.

Yeah, it's the exact same list. All I did was alphabetize it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
10/01/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Shockendecay
Noob question: Can anyone explain why my darter hatchling appeared as rare quality in game but as common on the armory? Also, is the worg pup common quality as it appears in game or rare quality as it appears in my armory?

Because the item who summon him isn't the same as the pet rarity
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Azure Whelpling [Rare drop]
Baby Blizzard Bear Stat comparison shows this to be Uncommon quality [Reward for logging in during the 4th Anniversary Celebration]
Bananas [TCG]
Brilliant Kaliri [Reward from Menagerie achievement (Collect 125 unique pets)]
Celestial Dragon [Reward from Littlest Pet Shop achievement (Collect 150 unique pets)]
Cenarion Hatchling [Blizzard Pet Store]
Chuck [Contained on Bag of Fishing Treasures (11% Drop Ratio)]
Clockwork Gnome [Rare tier Dwarf Archeology item]
Core Hound Pup [Reward for having an authenticator in your account]
Crawling Claw [Rare tier Tol'vir Archeology item]
Crimson Lasher [Sold by Ayla Shadowstorm in Molten Front after after completing the "Filling the moonwell" 125 mark quest]
Crimson Whelpling [Rare Drop]
Dark Phoenix Hatchling [Sold by Guild Vendor after reaching Exalted and only if your guild have the United Nations achievement]
Dark Whelpling [Rare Drop]
Darkmoon Balloon Can't actually battle
Darkmoon Cub [Sold by Lhara in Darkmoon Faire, 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets]
Darkmoon Monkey [Sold by Lhara in Darkmoon Faire, 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets]
Darkmoon Tonk [Sold by Lhara in Darkmoon Faire, 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets]
Darkmoon Turtle [Sold by Lhara in Darkmoon Faire, 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets]
Darkmoon Zeppelin [Sold by Lhara in Darkmoon Faire, 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets]
Deathy [2010 BlizzCon redemption item]
Disgusting Oozeling [Contained on Oozing Bag (1.7% Drop ratio) and Misty Satchel of Exotic Mysteries 0.3% Drop ratio)]
Dragon Kite [TCG]
Elementium Geode [Minning rare drop from Elementium (0.05% Drop ratio) and Rich Elementium (0.08% Drop ratio) veins]
Emerald Whelpling [Rare drop from Noxious Whelpling (0.09% Drop ratio]
Ethereal Soul-Trader [TCG]
Eye of the Legion [TCG]
Feral Vermling [Reward from Going to Need More Leashes achievement (Collect 250 unique pets)]
Fetish Shaman [Reward from Diablo III Collector's edition]
Firefly [Drop from Bogflare Needler (0.07% Drop ratio]
Fossilized Hatchling [Rare tier Fossil Archeology item]
Fox Kit [Sold by Tol Barad quartermaster after reaching Exalted reputation with Baradin Hold, cost 200 Tol Barad Commendation, also is a rare drop from Baradin Fox (0.1% Drop ratio)]
Frosty [Reward from WotLK Collector's edition]
Giant Sewer Rat [Fished in Dalaran (0.03% ratio), also contained in Satchel of Exotic Mysteries (0.4% Drop ratio)]
Gregarious Grell [TCG]
Grunty [2009 BlizzCon redemption item]
Gryphon Hatchling [Obtained by purchasing a Gryphon Hatchling plush toy from the Blizzard store]
Guardian Cub [Blizzard Pet Store]
Gundrak Hatchling [Rare drop from Gundrak Raptor (0.09% Drop ratio), also contained in Misty Satchel of Exotic Mysteries 0.15% Drop ratio)
Hippogryph Hatchling [TCG]
Hyacinth Macaw [Contained on Satchel of Exotic Mysteries (0.15% Drop ratio)]
Hyjal Bear Cub [Sold by Varlan Highbough after completing Calling the Ancients.]
Jade Tentacle [Reward from Time to Open a Pet Store achievement (Earn 400 pet battle achievement points.)
Kirin Tor Familiar [Reward from Higher Learning achievement (Read the volumes of "The Schools of Arcane Magic" found in Dalaran)
Landro's Lichling [TCG]
Landro's Lil' XT [TCG]
Lashtail Hatchling [Reward from An Old Friend quest]
Lil' Deathwing [Reward from Cataclysm Collector's edition]
Lil' K.T. [Redemption, couldn't find the source]
Lil' Ragnaros [Redemption, couldn't find the source]
Lil' XT [Redemption, couldn't find the source]
Little Fawn [Reward from Lil' Game Hunter (Collect 75 unique pets.)]
Lucky [Not Found]
Lucky Quilen Cub [Reward from MoP Collector's edition]
Lumpy [Contained on Stolen Present (3% Drop ratio)]
Lurky [Reward from Burning Crusade Collector's edition (EU Only)]
Magical Crawdad [One from the possible five random effects from Mr. Pinchy]
Mini Diablo [Reward from WoW Collector's edition]
Mini Thor [Reward from SCII Collector's edition]
Mini Tyrael [Reward from 2008 World Wide Invitational]
Moonkin Hatchling [Blizzard Pet Store]
Mr. Grubbs [Contained on Hidden Stash (36% Drop rate]
Muckbreath [Contained on Bag of Fishing Treasures (10% Drop Ratio)]
Murkablo [2011 BlizzCon redemption item]
Murkimus [Reward for the 2011 arena tournament]
Murky [2005 BlizzCon redemption item]
Netherwhelp [Reward from Burning Crusade Collector's edition]
Nightsaber Cub [TCG]
Nuts [Reward from Petting Zoo (Collect 100 unique pets.)]
Onyxian Whelpling [Reward for logging in during the 5th Anniversary Celebration]
Panda Cub [[Reward from WoW Collector's edition]
Pandaren Monk [Pet Store]
Panther Cub [Reward from Some Good Will Come quest]
Pebble [Reward from Rock Lover (Complete the Lost in the Deeps daily quest in Deepholm 10 times.)]
Phoenix Hatchling [Dropped by Kael'thas Sunstrider (11% Drop ratio)]
Pterrodax Hatchling [Rare tier Fossil Archeology item]
Purple puffer [TCG]
Razzashi Hatchling [Stranglethorn Zone drop (0.01 to 0.06% Drop ratio), also contained in Misty Satchel of Exotic Mysteries 0.15% Drop ratio)]
Edited by Grenouille on 10/2/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock

Rocket Chicken [TCG]
Sand Scarab [TCG]
Searing Scorhling [Contained in Zen'Vorka's Cache (5% Drop rate) sold by Zen'Vorka who is in the Molten Front, 30 Mark of the World Tree]
Snarly [Contained on Bag of Fishing Treasures (11% Drop Ratio)]
Soul of the Aspects [Blizzard Pet Store]
Spectral Tiger Cub [TCG]
Spirit of Competition Stat comparison shows it to be Superior quality [During the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics by winning any battleground on any level you had a chance to receive a Gold Medallion via the in-game mail. The Gold Medallion in fact summons a mini-pet called the Spirit of Competition in the form of a Chinese dragon]
Sprite Darter Hatchling [Feralas Rare drop]
Stinker [Reward from Shop Smart, Shop Pet...Smart achievement (Collect 50 unique pets)]
Strand Crawler [Contained in Bag of Shiny Things (1% Drop ratio) and Bag of Fishing Treasures (0.6% Drop ratio)]
Tiny Shale Spider [Dropped by Jadefang in Deepholm (99% Drop rate) (lolololo FARM TIME!!!)]
Toothy [Contained on Bag of Fishing Treasures (11% Drop Ratio)]
Tuskarr Kite [TCG]
Voodoo Figurine [Rare tier Troll Archeology item]
Wind Rider Cub [Pet Store]
Zergling [Reward from WoW Collector's edition]

Finally finished, feel free to correct anything. I'm going to sleep now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks out to Shalura and Grenouille for the updated info.

Spirit of Competition is Superior quality? That's just unfair to the people who weren't around for the event. That explains why it has so much massive hp and damage whenever I fight it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter

Yeah, it's the exact same list. All I did was alphabetize it.

Oh I know. I was merely informing her that what you have posted is straight from Blizzard themselves and if incorrect it is because they have not informed us of any updates.

I do appreciate you posting this. =)

And thanks to you too Grenouille for that list of yours!
Edited by Valkira on 10/8/2012 12:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
10/08/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Valkira
And thanks to you too Grenouille for that list of yours!

You'r welcome, took me like 2 hours but totally worth it
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It irks me that my Sapphire Cub isn't on this list. That pet's expensive for me to try and craft oodles of them in hopes of a rare quality pet. >_>
Reply Quote
45 Pandaren Monk
What about the darkmoon rabbit?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/08/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Rhozul
It irks me that my Sapphire Cub isn't on this list. That pet's expensive for me to try and craft oodles of them in hopes of a rare quality pet. >_>

I think there was talk that in 5.1 there would be ways to improve your pets rarity. Which would be great, because I could then use my Hopling instead of being forced into Feral Vermling when I get it. I <3 my hopling
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]