Turtle mount help

36 Pandaren Monk
I don't see anywhere to buy the turtle mount. please help
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
The vendors seem to be missing on a lot of realms right now. They haven't said anything yet on when they might be back.
Reply Quote
36 Pandaren Monk
oh ok thanks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Turtle ground mounts for the alliance are behind the dwarven district.

The only way to get there with a character that can't fly is to go up into the castle, find the little courtyard (where your panda walked around with Varian during his "welcome to the alliance, don't talk to anyone who chose horde" speech), and then jump out the courtyard window into the lake below.

I'm not sure why they chose such a strange location with no normal way to get there for a racial mount, class trainer, & pet battle trainer.
Edited by Avanna on 9/26/2012 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not sure why they chose such a strange location with no normal way to get there for a racial mount, class trainer, & pet battle trainer.

Would hearthing be the only way out?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/26/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Harlan
Would hearthing be the only way out?

Nope, from that lake you can jump down a little waterfall and end up near the back entrance to the Dwarven district by the back AH & Bank.

It's just there's no normal exit from the city to the same level of "outskirts of stormwind" as the Cata portals, the monk trainer, and the turtle mounts, unless you jump out the courtyard window.

Though, if people are saying they're missing (and they know they used to be in this location), then maybe Blizz realized it was a really bad spot to put them and is in the process of moving them somewhere more accessible to a non-flyer.
Edited by Avanna on 9/26/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
There's also a path that leads to/from it near the entrance to the park.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/26/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Dragonjts

Nope, that goes to the area below it with the pumpkin farm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/26/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Avanna

Nope, that goes to the area below it with the pumpkin farm.

It's a new path, just added in so you don't have to go through the Keep.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/26/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Reignac

How recent is "new"? I haven't logged in since MoP debuted because I don't want to have to deal with the frustrating lag, DC's, and login queues.

BUT, I was playing right up until the night before the release and 2 days before that I went on a scavenger/exploration hunt of sorts to see if there was some way the new panda I plan on making could get there on foot.

So if it was added when MoP dropped (and not 5.0.4) then that's a stealth change, but I know it wasn't added with 5.0.4.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/26/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Avanna

How recent is "new"? I haven't logged in since MoP debuted because I don't want to have to deal with the frustrating lag, DC's, and login queues.

BUT, I was playing right up until the night before the release and 2 days before that I went on a scavenger/exploration hunt of sorts to see if there was some way the new panda I plan on making could get there on foot.

So if it was added when MoP dropped (and not 5.0.4) then that's a stealth change, but I know it wasn't added with 5.0.4.

Then clearly it was added when MoP dropped.
When you go out the gate of the Dwarven District towards the park, it's on your right, goes right up to the Cata portals, Aysa, and the mount vendor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/26/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Reignac
When you go out the gate of the Dwarven District towards the park, it's on your right, goes right up to the Cata portals, Aysa, and the mount vendor.

Huh, cool. Before, heading up that way, I was met with a small cliff-face about 2x the height of this character. And no amount of creative terrain climbing was going to get me up there.
Reply Quote
It was there before Tuesday, I ran up with a trial toon. I'm guessing it was probably 5.05.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]