Weird Frames-Per-Second Problem

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Instead of sharing, copy the folder over, or go to the PC where this folder is being shared, and do the modifications there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I messed around with the setting and changed Direct X11 to Direct X9. I don't even know what they do but it fixed the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
DirectX 9 and 11 controls some of the graphics effect, as well as performance (DX 11 generally yields better performance). It's probably the fact you are running on a system that may not be running DirectX-compliant setup.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/27/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Kalganized
DirectX 9 and 11 controls some of the graphics effect, as well as performance (DX 11 generally yields better performance). It's probably the fact you are running on a system that may not be running DirectX-compliant setup.

What makes it compliant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Vista or 7, with DirectX 11 compatible cards (HD 5000 series or onward for AMD / GeForce 400 series or onward for nVidia)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have a 550 Ti, I don't know if that's better than 400.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
kinda odd that it can't handle direct x 11
I still think it is better for you to have a fresh install on your current computer instead of running it from another computer :|

is it possible for you to transfer it over to your current comp?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
kinda odd that it can't handle direct x 11
I still think it is better for you to have a fresh install on your current computer instead of running it from another computer :|

is it possible for you to transfer it over to your current comp?

Idk, can you copy paste it over instead of sharing it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes. If you have access to it, and is given proper permission.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter
try typing /console maxfps 400
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
K still having weird problems. I also have 2 WTF folders. One is WTF and one is WTF.201042etc. I don't know if it's supposed to happen, but let's say I zoom my camera into one of those mist lurkers. I drop to 45 fps, but if I zoom out it's back to 60 (w/ vertical sync). Also, when certain fire is on the ground it seems to drop, like when you fight Voss. But if you're going through the new SM and the archers light the ground on fire it doesn't drop. I have no idea why this is happening, because I feel like it shouldn't.

In case you're wondering:
CPU: Intel-i5 (3450)
GPU: Geforce 550Ti
RAM: 4GB

So I don't know if the problem is with my CPU (which I just bought and thought it was supposed to be more than capable of running WoW just fine) or my GPU or my RAM.
Edited by Elyraa on 10/5/2012 4:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You have WoW on your computer instead of going through network shares?

Where is WoW installed to?

You must do:

Disable all addons.

Go to where WoW is installed on your PC, delete Cache folder (not one inside Data folder), move WTF folder out, reconfigure.

Should fix the problem
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You have WoW on your computer instead of going through network shares?

Where is WoW installed to?

You must do:

Disable all addons.

Go to where WoW is installed on your PC, delete Cache folder (not one inside Data folder), move WTF folder out, reconfigure.

Should fix the problem

I don't know how to move it out. I tried copying it over from my other computer, the one I shared the files on, but it always says that the file "is already running and cannot be moved" even if I give it permission for everyone to use.

Edit: I'm thinking of just doing a fresh install. Is there any way to install just the games and not go through installing all the patches?
Edited by Elyraa on 10/5/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Okay I was able to copy the WTF folder on to my desktop, now do I just delete the one in my WoW folder?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you bought MoP (physical), you won't have much patches to install.

If you have not yet have actual install of WoW on your PC, try installing a fresh copy. Should fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you bought MoP (physical), you won't have much patches to install.

If you have not yet have actual install of WoW on your PC, try installing a fresh copy. Should fix it.

To just uninstall everything (all expansions), and it won't take too long to get back up? Because I have 3mbps internet, ~400k download.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you never actually installed on your PC (and have been running WoW from network share only), you can just insert MoP DVD and install.

It should not take long to get back up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you never actually installed on your PC (and have been running WoW from network share only), you can just insert MoP DVD and install.

It should not take long to get back up.

The MOP CD will install every expansion?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/05/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Kalganized
Yes

Tyvm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]