Since when did the DPS forum become "PVP QQ"?

100 Tauren Warrior
I came here to talk about PVE Dps and research viable specs/classes for 85-90, not to listen to people complain about how X class (usually their own) sucks in PVP, or how Y class (usually the class that beat them) is OP in PVP.

WE HAVE A PVP FORUM FOR THIS KIND OF CONVERSATION.

Please take that sort of conversation there.

And before anybody goes "Well pvp burst and over-time damage is still DPS".. Yes, I know that, but it's been my understanding that this forum has been primarily aimed at the PVE side of DPS, with that belief being reinforced by the fact that there are 3 pvp sub-forums aimed at this specific kind of conversation.

Thank you.
Edited by Socio on 9/27/2012 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Death Knight
since..... probably BC or wrath maybe even vanilla
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
Since, forever...where have you been?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
When this forum launched in Wrath and GC started posting on here.

It got so bad GC quit, because he realized the truth - 99% of the people on here will not listen, and will just argue.
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter
Are you new or something?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
noob
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
Pretty much since GC started posting on the DD forum which attracted all the pvp'ers here and even though GC no longer posts here the pvp'ers never left.

09/27/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Socio
Yes, I know that, but it's been my understanding that this forum has been primarily aimed at the PVE side of DPS

Your understanding is incorrect. PvP'ers have just as much right to post here as PvE'ers provided their topics have to do with damage dealing classes in PvP (and not say BG map balance).
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
I've been seeing PvP related topics in here since the middle of Burning Crusade. I'm sure they've been around even longer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Any public forum will eventually decay into a state of constant !@#$%ing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Es mi dia primero.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I came here to talk about PVE Dps and research viable specs/classes for 85-90, not to listen to people complain about how X class (usually their own) sucks in PVP, or how Y class (usually the class that beat them) is OP in PVP.

And before anybody goes "Well pvp burst and over-time damage is still DPS".. Yes, I know that, but it's been my understanding that this forum has been primarily aimed at the PVE side of DPS, with that belief being reinforced by the fact that there are 3 pvp sub-forums aimed at this specific kind of conversation.

Thank you.

someone is new to the dps forum.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
because you don't do damage per second in pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
DDF has always been the PVP QQ/occasional discussion forum.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Uuh, pretty much since its creation.

I don't believe PvP discussion belongs in the damage dealing forums. There's a PvP forum for that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
PvP people do damage too.... why should we be excluded from this forum?

The PvP tab has sub-selections pertaining to "Battlegrounds", "Arenas" and "Arena pass" however those are specifically centered around the tactics pertaining to the battle location.

Just because you don't have your own PvE forum doesn't mean you can exclude us from this general discussion about "doing damage".

Also, PvP and QQ go hand in hand....
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
09/28/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Elemeno
The PvP tab has sub-selections pertaining to "Battlegrounds", "Arenas" and "Arena pass" however those are specifically centered around the tactics pertaining to the battle location.

There's no reason discussion based on each class's strength in Battlegrounds or Arenas can't be done in there, ie: in the Battlegrounds sub-forum, "Warriors are terrible in BGs and this is why." That would also be where there'd be discussion from a) only people who PvP, and b) Healers as well.

Unfortunately, that ship has long sailed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Thank you.

Welcome! Take a seat. The bathroom is to your left. Feel free to take a mint from the bowl on the table to your right.

Again, welcome to the DPS forums.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Hunter
Mages are fine
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 06:18 AMPosted by Sildas

There's no reason discussion based on each class's strength in Battlegrounds or Arenas can't be done in there, ie: in the Battlegrounds sub-forum, "Warriors are terrible in BGs and this is why." That would also be where there'd be discussion from a) only people who PvP, and b) Healers as well.

Unfortunately, that ship has long sailed.

Granted, rBGs and Arena dominate PvP, but they aren't all inclusive. Some PvP issues lie outside of both, others transcend all PvP areas.

The forum path is "Forms > Class Roles > Damage Dealing." Do you see "PvE" in there? No? Neither do I, and neither does anyone else if they have half a brain and aren't nuts. The Damage Dealing forums are for just that, damage dealing, not DPS, not PvE, not Raids, just dealing damage. Damage dealers of all shapes, sizes, colors, and patterns equally (un)welcome.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Nerf shamans
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]