Multiple Heirlooms

(Locked)

45 Undead Hunter
Ive been inactive for quite some time, and decided to give MoP a shot. Been playing casually since vanilla, figure I might as well.

It turns out, more than 10+ pieces of heirloom equipment are missing. Low level characters with spots missing in their inventory and equipped tabs. I submitted a ticket and received a response that I should have screen shotted.

They basically told me theres absolutely nothing that can be done and that they were crediting my account 1 day free. I declined rudely, and am seriously considering canceling my account. OF COURSE there is something that can be done. They think im trying to get free loot, even though I earned every piece of gear that got lost somewhere.

<removed>
Edited by Orlyia on 9/28/2012 5:06 AM PDT
10 Gnome Priest
09/28/2012 04:02 AMPosted by Colonßowling
They think im trying to get free loot, even though I earned every piece of gear that got lost somewhere.

Blizzard will never restore anything they don't have proof you had. If you waited long enough that the logs on the item have expired and been deleted, they are gone for good.
100 Goblin Warlock
They think im trying to get free loot, even though I earned every piece of gear that got lost somewhere.

Blizzard will never restore anything they don't have proof you had. If you waited long enough that the logs on the item have expired and been deleted, they are gone for good.

Pretty much this. You seem to be taking it pretty personally but it's nothing like that.. It doesn't matter how long you've played, how much you've paid in character services or pets/mounts.. You're seen just like everyone else.. and the truth is, that if Blizzard handed out items without requiring verification, there are a ton of people who would actually take advantage of it.

It stinks, yea.. but they're not trying to punish you or attack you.. It's just the nature of restorations.
Edited by Kalixon on 9/28/2012 5:10 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
Ive been inactive for quite some time, and decided to give MoP a shot. Been playing casually since vanilla, figure I might as well.

It turns out, more than 10+ pieces of heirloom equipment are missing. Low level characters with spots missing in their inventory and equipped tabs. I submitted a ticket and received a response that I should have screen shotted.

They basically told me theres absolutely nothing that can be done and that they were crediting my account 1 day free. I declined rudely, and am seriously considering canceling my account. OF COURSE there is something that can be done. They think im trying to get free loot, even though I earned every piece of gear that got lost somewhere.

<removed>

I'm fairly certain Blizzard will be able to help you. As long as it's not an absurd amount of time that you were inactive.. However! If you describe to them that you knew for a FACT that those characters had those Heirlooms equipped.. And when you logged onto them, they were gone, then chances are this is a game-related issue and Blizzard will do their very best to help. :]
33 Blood Elf Paladin
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-item-restoration

That describes how you can use the same tool the GMs can use to restore items. If your items are there, you can restore them yourself. If they are not there, a GM can't recreate them on just your word because it is against policy.
Support Forum Agent
Unless you wish to also lose your posting privileges here, please be mindful of your language and conduct while on our boards.

I've reviewed this conversation and what was done with your petitions. The Game Masters were nothing but professional and polite. You, however, well - please don't speak to our Game Masters in that manner either.

There is really only one way this can happen. If heirlooms are sent through the mail and not retrieved, when that mail finally expires they are gone. Those records just can't be kept nearly as long as others. It's not a matter of not believing you, it's a matter of what can be proven by the records. Mail lasts essentially 60 days. 30 days on the receiving character and then it bounces back to the sender where it lasts another 30.

We are here to help players whenever we possibly can. There are policies and guidelines in place to help facilitate that and keep the game fair for everyone. We simply cannot restore something that the records can't substantiate.

I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear, and I know this is frustrating. For that I am truly sorry, but it is the answer.
90 Blood Elf Mage
then i pay money for a service which utilizes a policy that sucks

This policy extends to us all and is held strongly by Blizzard. This actually makes it fair on us all. If the logs are gone, that is that. Time is the enemy though.

and i pay for this game.

Yes, we all do. We pay for realm access but it is never a case of "I pay, therefore you give me what I demand".

i wish i could get a refund for MoP

Call the billing team to ask (if it was a digital download that was purchased that may be able to arrange something for you.)

because im probably going to cancel my subscription.

That is your choice :)
45 Undead Hunter
09/28/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Nephe
then i pay money for a service which utilizes a policy that sucks

This policy extends to us all and is held strongly by Blizzard. This actually makes it fair on us all. If the logs are gone, that is that. Time is the enemy though.

and i pay for this game.

Yes, we all do. We pay for realm access but it is never a case of "I pay, therefore you give me what I demand".

i wish i could get a refund for MoP

Call the billing team to ask (if it was a digital download that was purchased that may be able to arrange something for you.)

because im probably going to cancel my subscription.

That is your choice :)

oh wow, thanks for your input. i never said give me what i demand, just the 10+ items that i EARNED during the time i PAYED for. or something to compensate for garbage ACCOUNT BOUND(lol) items being no longer bound to my account. thanks for nothing, which is what i get on top of missing all of my heirlooms. awesome sauce. justice is done lol.
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
10/01/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Colonßowling
i never said give me what i demand, just the 10+ items that i EARNED during the time i PAYED for

Funny, that sounds like a demand to me.
90 Human Hunter
10/01/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Colonßowling
i never said give me what i demand, just the 10+ items that i EARNED during the time i PAYED for.

There is no longer any proof you ever owned them, so the two are interchangeable. You waited too long, and they are gone. Time to move on.
45 Undead Hunter
how about the missing spots in my inventory on multiple characters. or the fact that this is actually a computer game, created completely with computers and run by humans that like to deem hard working citizens as liars.

all i want is what most of the people that have had this same problem got, their items back or something to compensate. i saw one thread where someone got their stuff back because they said they got hacked. another one where he got a server xfer and they were able to find the items. blue posts on both. fair for them, not for me.
45 Undead Hunter
if this happened to any of you that are telling me to suck it up, you would be whining just like me. if not, youre a spineless coward that is okay paying to be force fed an opinion that you are dishonest, and that you do not deserve the so-called ACCOUNT BOUND items that you earned.

once again, thanks for nothing.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
thanks for nothing, which is what i get...

10/01/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Colonßowling
something to compensate

Wait, didn't you say...

they were crediting my account 1 day free

And that you, how did you say....

I declined rudely

So, you want compensation, but when offered compensation, you turned it down....
45 Undead Hunter
10/01/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Madisón
thanks for nothing, which is what i get...

something to compensate

Wait, didn't you say...

they were crediting my account 1 day free

And that you, how did you say....

I declined rudely

So, you want compensation, but when offered compensation, you turned it down....

that is an insult, and completely useless considering ive paid monthly for 6+ years. try harder.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
10/01/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Colonßowling
that is an insult, and completely useless considering ive paid monthly for 6+ years.

That's not the fault of Blizzard. You said you wanted compensation, and they offered.

Turning it down was your choice. Beggars can't be choosers.

Oh, I hear that if you insult the people you're asking for help, they're much more likely to help you...
45 Undead Hunter
how has anyone tried to help me at all? they havnt, all they have done, blizzard included, is say "look at this guy complaining". nobody has offered anything but criticism and "technology isnt available" which is either 1. a blatant lie or 2. should not be my problem when purchasing ACCOUNT BOUND ITEMS! they should never, under any circumstances disappear.

on top of it, they deem me to be untrustworthy, after 6+years of loyalty. ban me for language that was well within ToS, then revoke the ban. seriously, if you guys think this is justice or the right action is being taken(1 day free LOL), then i realllllly hope this happens to you, on multiple characters across multiple realms. just like it did to me. then i hope you have the testicular fortitude to fight for whats right instead of lay down and take blizzards un-just action.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
It's not that they deem YOU untrustworthy. Frankly, you're taking this all way too personally. It's not that they are only telling YOU they cannot do this for you. They say it to any of us that it happens to.

There isn't anything else that can be done for you with this. The GMs have told you no, and that's how it's going to stand. Sucks, but it's time to move on.
45 Undead Hunter
move on. how about all your nice shiny epics disappear and blizzard does nothing but says sorry and offers you a day of free game time.

youre telling me you wouldnt do anything, or be angry with the outcome?

if im taking this too far, blizzard hasnt taken this far enough.

i want whats right. that is all.
90 Human Hunter
how about the missing spots in my inventory on multiple characters.

Having open bag space or empty armor slots does not prove you owned an heirloom.

10/01/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Colonßowling
if this happened to any of you that are telling me to suck it up, you would be whining just like me.

No, I wouldn't because Justice is dirt cheap. I have multiples of some heirlooms simply because the justice they cost was worth less to me than the thirty seconds it would take to find them with Bagnon.

all i want is what most of the people that have had this same problem got, their items back or something to compensate. i saw one thread where someone got their stuff back because they said they got hacked. another one where he got a server xfer and they were able to find the items. blue posts on both. fair for them, not for me.

They reported their issue in a timely manner while there were logs that backed up their story. You did not.
If it cannot be confirmed by Blizzard's internal logs, it will not be refunded. End of story.
Edited by Sakana on 10/1/2012 11:43 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]