Multiple Heirlooms

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Hunter
If it was (and I really don't mean this to be rude) MY fault that it was gone? I'd be angry at myself.

You're pitching a fit at a company that has rules to govern 9+ million accounts and HAS to stick with them or it would be chaos. You are not special. You are one of the masses that has to be held to the same rules as everyone else.

If you want to see a change in these rules for the future, you would want to make a constructive post where the Developers would see it, as they do not regularly get feedback from the Support Forums. In this case, General would be best.
45 Undead Hunter
why is it MY mistake when it is THEIR faulty system that randomly deletes heirloom items. What did i do wrong other than pay my monthly fees during the time which i did not play?

how is this the correct outcome, when it is not my duty to create and maintain the items in this digital world.

I PAY BLIZZARD TO DO THAT!!! its their game, not my own. if they cant find them its because THEY created this system which has flaws and holes, which i apparently fell into.

there has to be something other than 1 free day of game time, which is completely useless.
45 Undead Hunter
If it was (and I really don't mean this to be rude) MY fault that it was gone? I'd be angry at myself.

You're pitching a fit at a company that has rules to govern 9+ million accounts and HAS to stick with them or it would be chaos. You are not special. You are one of the masses that has to be held to the same rules as everyone else.

If you want to see a change in these rules for the future, you would want to make a constructive post where the Developers would see it, as they do not regularly get feedback from the Support Forums. In this case, General would be best.

youre a terrible liar. and if you say you would just eat the lost items without saying something, it speaks volumes about your character. justice means nothing to you.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
There isn't. And if there was? It wouldn't come from the Forums.

If you've been verbally abusing the employees you've been dealing with? I wouldn't expect much help at all any longer.

Good luck to you.
45 Undead Hunter
any abuse perpetrated was resolved immediately after with a sincere apology, which the original game master understood. the one which posted in this forum, reviewed it and rebuked me. then proceeded to ban my account and unban it in the same day, for the words i used in this original post (you can see there is text deleted), and in the headline. they were derogatory in nature but used no specifically obscene or abusive words.

i use foul language when i am angry and for that i am sorry. its one of my problems and for that i will probably reap what i sow.

however...

if nothing happens, and i just have to eat it, fine. i accept. i accept the fact that i pay money like the rest of you, for a game that does not maintain a perfect system. i am the victim of blizzards imperfections, and will always go fighting, kicking and screaming for the right outcome against blanket assumptions impugning their own player base.
29 Goblin Shaman
Same thing happened to me. I just had to suck it up and farm another piece. It was probably my fault. I left it in the mailbox on an alt and the mail expired. It happens.
45 Undead Hunter
dude i cant say for sure weather or not it was in the mail. and if they can, then they obviously can see that i had them in the first place.....so why do i not have my items?
90 Human Hunter
10/02/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Colonßowling
and if they can, then they obviously can see that i had them in the first place.....so why do i not have my items?

I'm shocked that I have to say this again, so I'm going to try to make this stand out for you:

They cannot see that you ever had the items. The logs pertaining to them no longer exist, as the items themselves (if they ever existed) can only be tracked for a finite amount of time.

If they could see that you had them before, they would have given them to you. They cannot see that, so they will not give you them.

If an item is RTS'd through the mail and the sender does not retrieve it, the logs are deleted immediately. If the item is vendored or deleted directly, the logs are generally kept for around 3 months. That is more than enough time for you to retrieve them.
45 Undead Hunter
ill say this again, too.

I CANNOT SAY FOR CERTAIN THAT THEY WERE IN THE MAIL!

CAN THEY?!

IF SO, WHY DO I NOT HAVE MY ITEMS!?

IF NOT, ITS A BUG. FIX IT PLAEAAEAEAEAEAEAASE!
Edited by Colonßowling on 10/2/2012 12:32 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/01/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Colonßowling

Wait, didn't you say...

And that you, how did you say....

So, you want compensation, but when offered compensation, you turned it down....

that is an insult, and completely useless considering ive paid monthly for 6+ years. try harder.

You've paid for 6 years, but didn't log in often enough to notice your heirlooms were missing? Dude, you have to wander away from the game for like 2 months before mailed items self-delete, and even longer for accidentally/maliciously deleted items to be lost to the ether. You're telling us that you're a loyal, years-long player, that also doesn't log in often enough to retrieve their mail, or check up on their toons?
90 Human Hunter
10/02/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Colonßowling
CAN THEY?!

10/02/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Sakana
They cannot see that you ever had the items. The logs pertaining to them no longer exist, as the items themselves (if they ever existed) can only be tracked for a finite amount of time.

Apparently I wasn't clear?
No, they cannot see. If you ever had the items, the logs stating that you did no longer exist due to age.
45 Undead Hunter

that is an insult, and completely useless considering ive paid monthly for 6+ years. try harder.

You've paid for 6 years, but didn't log in often enough to notice your heirlooms were missing? Dude, you have to wander away from the game for like 2 months before mailed items self-delete, and even longer for accidentally/maliciously deleted items to be lost to the ether. You're telling us that you're a loyal, years-long player, that also doesn't log in often enough to retrieve their mail, or check up on their toons?

check this out home skillet. in those 2 or more months, i got married and had my first child, violet arianna. thanks, come again. also....

I CANNOT SAY THAT IT WAS IN THE MAIL! they were items on my characters, missing spots! man, why do you guys not get this?
Edited by Colonßowling on 10/2/2012 12:33 AM PDT
45 Undead Hunter
10/02/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Sakana
CAN THEY?!

Apparently I wasn't clear?
No, they cannot see. If you ever had the items, the logs stating that you did no longer exist due to age.

why is everybody completely discrediting my statement that i had heirlooms across multiple realms and characters that are missing.
90 Human Hunter
10/02/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Colonßowling
I CANNOT SAY THAT IT WAS IN THE MAIL! they were items on my characters, missing spots! man, why do you guys not get this?

We do. It's you who seems to be missing the following:

10/02/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Sakana

Either you deleted them, or you mailed them and didn't claim them, or they vanished into thin air, or you never had them to begin with. Fact of the matter is, since Blizzard cannot prove you had them (since the physical universe we occupy prevents limitless and timeless data storage) they will not restore them.
Edited by Sakana on 10/2/2012 12:36 AM PDT
45 Undead Hunter
10/02/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Sakana

We do. It's you who seems to be missing the following:

Either you deleted them, or you mailed them and didn't claim them, or they vanished into thin air, or you never had them to begin with. Fact of the matter is, since Blizzard cannot prove you had them (since the physical universe we occupy prevents limitless and timeless data storage) they will not restore them.

"or they vanished into thin air"

sigh, thank you for saying this. proves me right. justice has not been served, but it is apparent to all with half a brain. i got jacked by blizzard, and they said "mah bad" with no action to rectify.
90 Human Hunter
10/02/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Colonßowling
sigh, thank you for saying this. proves me right.

/Sigh. Apparently still not being clear enough for you.
Allow me to rephrase it for you:
"Or magical faries snuck into your account and magicked them away to the land of gumdrops"

What I'm saying is that whether or not you ever had the items is not relevant. What is relevant is that no log shows you ever having them, so you will not receive them.
Edited by Sakana on 10/2/2012 12:47 AM PDT
100 Human Warlock
They do not vanish either you deleted this, or it got lost in the mail. You need to learn that there are things no one can control. You had 60 days to claim, but you did not. now they no longer have those logs because they delete logs after a period of time. No amount of kicking and screaming is going to change that. Likely, it is going only make them less sympathetic to you.
45 Undead Hunter
it proves that there "is" a problem with heriloom items disappearing AT ALL, which they SHOULD NOT. if you dont agree with that, you belong working at blizzard.
45 Undead Hunter
10/02/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Cladriah
They do not vanish either you deleted this, or it got lost in the mail. You need to learn that there are things no one can control. You had 60 days to claim, but you did not. now they no longer have those logs because they delete logs after a period of time. No amount of kicking and screaming is going to change that. Likely, it is going only make them less sympathetic to you.

im soooo glad you came in with your certainty that items do not just vanish. thanks for that. you are god, correct? or you made this game single handedly? no? then how can you say that for sure?

my point is that i obtained these items legitimately and now they are gone when they should not be, through no fault of my own.
Edited by Colonßowling on 10/2/2012 12:51 AM PDT
They kind of went over a situation where they would no longer be on your account, with the mail expiring and it seems at that point they might not have information to restore from =\ Tough break.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]