'Trim' and 'Athletic' pandaren

90 Worgen Druid
This does not seem like it's simple curiosity. First you ask with a frowny, then you compare it to something else "bad" and go on to say "it's worse".

I repeat, it's their character and they are free to do whatever they want with it. I don't see why the forums need to be where people go to diss others.

Well if it's any consolation, it was simple curiosity from the viewpoint of someone that doesn't understand it. MY APOLOGIES for not following your strict posting and courtesy rules that apparently we need a sticky for. These are your forums and we just use them, right? Balls, Mads. Take a chill pill.

I don't know if I entirely agree with Madelynne calling you out, but you're certainly not making yourself look any better then him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Yeah, short trigger. Probably could have gone without that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
From my girth, strength is born.

Or something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
09/28/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Rograk
From my girth, strength is born.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ALsvU50wQ
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
09/28/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Magdaleine
No.
Yes.

I can do off-the cuff rebuttals too.
That's nice. Someone else wanted to roleplay a trim and athletic panda, so. Why does it matter? Like, what is gained by ostracizing them for it? Just don't RP with them.
He wasn't condemning them to exile, he was asking what the reasons were for RPing such a character.

Because, beleive it or not, but being atypical tends to arouse questions.
Edited by Shimaula on 9/28/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage

This does not seem like it's simple curiosity. First you ask with a frowny, then you compare it to something else "bad" and go on to say "it's worse".

I repeat, it's their character and they are free to do whatever they want with it. I don't see why the forums need to be where people go to diss others.
But given the whole pandaren cultural mindset of valuing a big belly, and comparing it to taruen being tiny (while not on a cultural "wat" level is still pretty out there) is more than enough cause for inquiry.

I'm going to disagree with this based on a very simple thing.

Being fat is going to interfere with quite a lot and cause a lot of combat styles to become void -because- of the excess weight. I'm a big guy, very big, and it's quite difficult to do even a few simple moves with a staff in fight practice because of my size. So a trim and athletic pandaren would make -more- sense for a class like a monk or rogue than the overweight pandaren bursting at the seams of their armour.

Now, this isn't to say that all styles are void because of size... but the more agility based styles would definitely be hindered by a mass of blubber hanging down to your knees.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
For the same reason some people roleplay fat elves?
Reply Quote
Unless they exude some kind of mindcontrol aura or sprout tentacles, I don't see the issue.

Shugan might react to a thing or swimmer-build'd pandaren by thinking or assuming they're frail or malnourished, but that's really his prerogative as a fellow pandaren, and in-character response. OOCly, I have no beef with how some one might shape their character. Just don't be startled if my character suddenly tries to cram a few metric tons of food down their throat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Oookay, guess the discussion was a bit much to suggest.

Apologies, everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
First word: furry.

Next three words: erotic role play.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Apologies, everyone.

Oookay

An apology tinged with sarcasm is no apology.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
It was less sarcasm and more the drawn out 'okay' of realization.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

Apologies, everyone.
In a forum dedicated to an RP server. it is more than valid to have a thread based on RP.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Unless they exude some kind of mindcontrol aura or sprout tentacles, I don't see the issue.

Shugan might react to a thing or swimmer-build'd pandaren by thinking or assuming they're frail or malnourished, but that's really his prerogative as a fellow pandaren, and in-character response. OOCly, I have no beef with how some one might shape their character. Just don't be startled if my character suddenly tries to cram a few metric tons of food down their throat.

Sounds kinda how my monk would react, except it'd follow with:

"Come! Come! Let Uncle Zui fix you something to eat, you poor thing. Don't try to protest! You will eat what your Uncle Zui makes for you!"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Perhaps skinny pandas are considered ugly?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Apologies, everyone.
In a forum dedicated to an RP server. it is more than valid to have a thread based on RP.

I actually do agree with this. I think the original post was valid to make, but some of the wording may have been mildly hostile.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
First word: furry.

Next three words: erotic role play.
Perhaps for the furries with less refined taste in body structure.

More cushion for the pushin' is always superior.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]