Razer Naga + Modifier Keys don't work.

90 Tauren Warrior
I have my bottom left and right actionbars set to shift+1 - 12 and alt+1 - 12. I can shift/alt click them with the keyboard, but it doesn't seem to be working with my naga. My mouse buttons work perfectly fine with my PC so I know that's not the issue. When I click them, they register 1 - 12. When I apply the modifier, it doesn't register control, shift, or alt, but it still registers the 1 - 12 buttons. I've been playing on my mac a little more because it's handy to have a laptop, but it's very annoying when I have a lot of bindings that I can't use.

TL;DR: In short, the shift/alt/control keys don't work with my naga. But the normal 1-12 buttons do.
P.S. 1 - 12 means 1 thru = on keyboard.

Would like to know if others have this problem! Thanks.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

P.S. 1 - 12 means 1 thru = on keyboard.

I'm confused, so are you saying shift/alt/control are bound to keys on the naga?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
No, I have the naga buttons set to default. I didn't change any bindings. It's just when I use shift/alt/control in combination with using the naga, for example, shift+1, it will not register the shift, only the 1.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
And you've downloaded the latest drivers from Razer? I remember this was an issue before, but Razer updated their drivers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm having this same problem. The modifiers will not register.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Alright, so I already had the Naga Epic driver installed, but I went to the razer site and reinstalled the Razer Synapse 2.0 software and now everything is working as it should.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Idk if u tried this but make sure the switch on the back of the naga is set to 123 not num... if its set to num it cant have mods
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I am having a similar problem, however...

http://imgur.com/h9RPn

I downloaded Razer Synapse, and this is all that shows up. I've tried uninstalling and re-instaling it several times, and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? I've looked everywhere and can't find a solution. /:
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I got a similar problem...I've read some posts, all scattered around forums about this, but none fixed my problem. I just bought a Razer Death Adder, looking forward to bind Alt / Ctrl to buttons 4 and 5. I downloaded the Razer software, configured my mouse the way I wanted it, entered Wow to try it, and boom, nothing. The buttons aren't modifying anything. I deleted all addons, erased all my macros, reset all key bindings, tried the Terminal copy / paste thing, still nothing. What can I do to use mouse buttons 4 and 5 as Alt / Ctrl / Shift? And yes, I am a Mac user.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I am having same issue ...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
you can go here:
http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/index.html

and download the keyremap4macbook program, install it and the modifier keys will work again
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I've noticed default keybinding doesn't work on the Naga, but I've got modifier keys working under the Bartender Add-on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I too am still having the same infuriating issue.
Reply Quote
Try signing up for Razer Synapse. http://www.razerzone.com/synapse2 . It worked for me!
Edited by Ahwas on 4/23/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
you can go here:

and download the keyremap4macbook program, install it and the modifier keys will work again

thank you, this literally just worked for me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Us
you can go here:

thank you, this literally just worked for me.

Me too!!! randomly stopped working 2 days ago and just tried this...bingo! Thanks again.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
Eh, a better solution is to disable the wow hack that breaks modifiers in first place than adding even more software.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10310891547#8

Also, not sure how you ended up on this thread instead of one not even a full page down. When do a search, maybe sort by date so you don't find out of date threads/solutions. :)
Edited by Omegal on 10/28/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
No clue how u found this solution but it worked....Do you have any idea what caused the issue? I had my kid in my lap and he hit some button combo and it screwed everything up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There's an easy way to fix this with just razer synapse and no addons. You simply use the macros in razer synapse.

Go to macros, create a new macro by clicking the '+' and entitle it Numpad 1. Select default delay and set it to whatever you want (i use 0.050 sec delay). then click record and press 1 on the side of your razer naga once, then click stop record.

Go to Mouse and under customize select "go to side view". click the tab for NUM to switch to the numpad tab instead of normal keys (123), then select 1. Under button assignment select macro, then assign the Numpad 1 macro you just made and under Playback option select "Play while assigned key is pressed". Voila, modifiers now work for that key.

You can use this same method for enabling modifiers for all other Numpad keys, and for any of the 1-0 keys on your naga. I personally setup these macros for both sets so modifiers work for both modes. Hope this helps.
Edited by Adelena on 11/23/2013 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't know how you figured this out, but it works...too much time spent on this. can I play game already?!?! thank you :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]