Losing mount while transfering?

85 Night Elf Druid
I was wondering if anyone knows that if you lose your mounts and titles that u earned on that toon if transferring between accounts? Someone that has transfered to a new account recently let me know ty Tygrum.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
Everything the character earned stays, but mounts etc. are gone.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Granted it's been... *counts in head*... 3 years since I transferred this toon to the account it's on now, but I didn't lose anything during that process?

Here's the FAQ:

What happens to my pets and mounts if I transfer a character to another Battle.net account?
Battle.net account-wide pets and mounts will remain on the original Battle.net account. Characters transferred off a Battle.net account will lose access to that Battle.net account's account-wide pets and mounts, but will gain access to whatever pets and mounts are on the destination account.
Note: Character-specific mounts such as the Warlock Dreadsteed, Paladin Charger, and Gladiator mounts will transfer with the character.

I don't think that means your toon's mounts/pets will be lost, only the ones currently available to it through the toons on it's current account. Say, you have the headless horseman's mount on a warlock alt, that your druid has access to currently. Once you transfer off to another account, unless a toon on THAT new account also has the headless horseman's mount, your druid will no longer have access to it.

At least that's how I read it....

ETA: Yeah... that's how that works... here's more from the FAQ:

What will transfer with my character?

The contents of your character’s bags, bank, and void storage
Your character’s currencies including gold, honor, justice, valor, and conquest
Your character’s achievements and achievement points (including account-wide achievements)
Your character’s personal mounts (for example: class-specific mounts, Gladiator mounts, etc...)
Your character’s hidden ratings (MMR, BG Rating, etc)
Edited by Amaranthas on 9/24/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
Granted it's been... *counts in head*... 3 years since I transferred this toon to the account it's on now, but I didn't lose anything during that process?

Here's the FAQ:

What happens to my pets and mounts if I transfer a character to another Battle.net account?
Battle.net account-wide pets and mounts will remain on the original Battle.net account. Characters transferred off a Battle.net account will lose access to that Battle.net account's account-wide pets and mounts, but will gain access to whatever pets and mounts are on the destination account.
Note: Character-specific mounts such as the Warlock Dreadsteed, Paladin Charger, and Gladiator mounts will transfer with the character.

I don't think that means your toon's mounts/pets will be lost, only the ones currently available to it through the toons on it's current account. Say, you have the headless horseman's mount on a warlock alt, that your druid has access to currently. Once you transfer off to another account, unless a toon on THAT new account also has the headless horseman's mount, your druid will no longer have access to it.

At least that's how I read it....

ETA: Yeah... that's how that works... here's more from the FAQ:

What will transfer with my character?

The contents of your character’s bags, bank, and void storage
Your character’s currencies including gold, honor, justice, valor, and conquest
Your character’s achievements and achievement points (including account-wide achievements)
Your character’s personal mounts (for example: class-specific mounts, Gladiator mounts, etc...)
Your character’s hidden ratings (MMR, BG Rating, etc)

It's wrong
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

It's wrong

Uhhh yeah sure. Because the actual Blizzard official site outlining what I just posted would be incorrect on Blizzard policy?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-faq
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
It's only accounts on the same bnet already.

Otherwise all mounts are lost and pets as well until you can cage them.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572967666
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Uhhh yeah, and the link you posted includes a link to the link I posted for more information. How is it incorrect again? lol

Oh that's right... it's not.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
The way you worded it was wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Lol... still no.

Your individual character keeps your individual characters mounts. If you have a mount ONLY through the new shared mount system (ie - earned on an alt), you will not have access to that mount after the transfer to another account.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I can tell you from personal experience, that your theory is wrong. I earned the Netherdrake on my rogue, xfered said rogue to another bnet, and that mount stayed on the previous account. I never earned that mount on any other toon prior to that. When it says personal mounts, it means mounts that are not account wide. Barons mount is acct wide, other rare mounts like that are acct wide. Gladiator mounts are character specific and are not acct wide. Therefor they will xfer with character. Read that FAQ again after having this info and it will make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
When I transferred a toon to another account recently, Grand Black War Mammoth and Swift Zhevra (both account-wide, and both originally obtained on the toon I was transferring) did not transfer over. I spoke to a GM about it and he said due to your achievements being transferred with you, achievement-based mounts such as Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher or other meta achievement mounts are rewarded to you on your arrival on the new account. All the other mounts stay on the original account.
Edited by Poaches on 2/6/2013 4:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
09/24/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Tygrum
I was wondering if anyone knows that if you lose your mounts and titles that u earned on that toon if transferring between accounts? Someone that has transfered to a new account recently let me know ty Tygrum.

Depends if you're staying on the same battle net account.

If you are then yes (with one exception. Yes, I have experienced it.) But, if you're moving it to a new bnet, no. You don't keep any of those.

All of your store bought mounts and some of your store bought pets (this includes CE pets and mount), might disappear.

I recently split my accounts into two bnets for my daughter (who I just couldn't share a password with anymore because she would take my gold.) I moved the third account (had no CEs or store bought pets or mounts tied to it) to the new bnet.

My CE mount and pets from Cata and MoP disappeared. My Annual pass mount disappeared. All my store bought pets and mounts disappeared. My Blizzcon pets disappeared. This all happened to my original account that all the licenses were on; not the account I moved. Let me repeat for all the people who just skim posts: this all happened to my original account that all the licenses were on; not the account I moved.

I spent hours on phone with CS trying to get this sorted out, explaining over and over NO THE ACCOUNT I MOVED HAD NONE OF THE LICENSES TIED TO IT.

Finally, I was told "sorry it's a bug; nothing we can do." I was going to start a campaign to get my money back until *I* found a fix: Start a dk on a different server but same account. All the mounts get mailed to you and all the pets that were greyed out on your pet page magically return.

You can do this with a level one but I didn't feel like leveling a character to 20 to just turn around and delete it. Also, you might have to make more than one dk to get all your pets back (specially the Lucky Cub... he can be a pain to get back. I had to make three dks.) They can be deleted once you have your pets and mounts back.

Edit: One more thing I forgot to add. This happened again when I moved my mage from my main account to my secondary account on my bnet. My mage did not have any of those pets or mounts tied to her (my huner and dk on that account does... and they haven't moved.) But once I made my dks again, they came back.
Edited by Tovi on 2/6/2013 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
There is currently a BUG that sometimes causes some mounts and pets to 'disappear' when transferring characters between game licenses on the same battle.net account. A fix is in the works.

Aside from that, when transferring characters to a different battle.net account the only mounts that make the move are your class specific mounts and some pvp mounts, regardless of what character actually 'earned' the mount.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
My sister and I have shared an account since 2005. I asked her if I could take ownership of the account since I play on it more than she does. I paid for all the games, digital purchases, and time cards. She agreed to it since she has another account in her name. Yesterday she bought the 75% deals for WoW and MoP for her other account. She was the one that worked so hard to obtain all the mounts and pets on our account. She was exalted with many factions in WoW and had the mounts to show it. She transferred her main over to her other battle.net account and lost everything she worked so hard to earn I feel real bad. Time Lost Proto Drake, Nether Wing Drakes, Nether Rays, and much more. She went into shock because of it. I should have been the one to create a new account under my name. I should have transferred my character. I feel real bad she spent money on her character transfer just to be left with no mounts or pets that her character earned. Blizzard should really consider leaving the mounts and pets a character earns with that character when transferring. They could make exceptions for those that are family. If one created a character on a siblings account and is wishing to transfer that char to his or her account they should be allowed.
Edited by Gregole on 11/27/2013 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
11/27/2013 05:25 AMPosted by Gregole
Blizzard should really consider leaving the mounts and pets a character earns with that character when transferring.
It used to work like this, then people abused it and bought mounts, achievements, titles etc. It was actually quite a lucrative business, people were charging hundreds for deaths demise, scarab lord and all those very rare achieves. Blizzard fixed it early on in MoP, and unfortunately once again the minority ruin it for the majority.
Edited by Bladestorm on 11/27/2013 7:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am Gregole's sister and I had over 100 mounts and just as many companions. Some of my mounts and companion pets that I should have from achievements I didn't receive. Look at my achievements and look at my mounts and pets there your proof! I regret buying World of Warcraft for myself and paying to transfer my main. I stayed up for 3 days straight just for the time lost! Not to mention all of the hours I spent farming many other rare mounts and companions this is insane.

There is currently a BUG that sometimes causes some mounts and pets to 'disappear' when transferring characters between game licenses on the same battle.net account. A fix is in the works.

Does the bug also happen when You transfer to a different battle.Net account. Is this why I did not receive my achievement mounts and pets?
Edited by Victøria on 11/28/2013 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
09/24/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Amaranthas

You're wrong. "Your character’s personal mounts" means mounts that are strictly not account-wide. The two examples are Gladiator mounts and class-specific mounts - character-specific mounts. Any account-wide mounts and pets are tied to the account and it does not matter which character earned it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I just think it's a rip off when one pays 25 dollars to transfer a character just to be punished. I didn't pay 25 dollars just to loose my hard earned mounts and pets and most of all our money and time.
Edited by Victøria on 11/28/2013 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I just think it's a rip off when one pays 25 dollars to transfer a character just to be punished. I didn't pay 25 dollars just to loose my hard earned mounts and pets and most of all our money and time.

I agree with my sister 100% I feel like she really got ripped off.

Blizzard should really consider leaving the mounts and pets a character earns with that character when transferring. They could make exceptions for those that are family. If one created a character on a siblings account and is wishing to transfer that char to his or her account they should be allowed.
It used to work like this, then people abused it and bought mounts, achievements, titles etc. It was actually quite a lucrative business, people were charging hundreds for deaths demise, scarab lord and all those very rare achieves. Blizzard fixed it early on in MoP, and unfortunately once again the minority ruin it for the majority.

They should consider asking for proof of ID from both users. I understand why they did what they did but still that is not fare to punish those that just want to have their character moved to their own account. If she was to pay another 25 dollars to transfer back would she get her mounts and pets back that she got from her achievements?
Edited by Gregole on 11/28/2013 10:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]